Hawaii Family Dental Centers Reviews

Hawaii Family Dental Centers President John C. Bower
John C. Bower

"Best Dental Hygiene!!"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Hawaii Family Dental Centers full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has been great to work with. I am a dental hygienist and have been working here for 2 years. This is a great company with patient centered core values. I have flexibility in my schedule and my location (we have 12 to choose from). I have had choices in my compensation plan and opportunities to grow! I have seen other team members advance in their careers as well!

Cons

In Honolulu the city traffic is sometimes heavy, but I was able to choose a location near home.

Hawaii Family Dental Centers2019-06-19

June 27, 2019Business Development

Aloha and Thank you for helping us achieve our mission of improving the health and well being of everyone in Hawaii over the last two years. We appreciate you! I wish we could work together to solve Honolulu traffic :) You have our commitment we will continue to educate and advance our team, specifically in hygiene we will continue to make CE courses available to our team and the dental community.

2. "Very poor management"

2.0
    Former Employee - General Dentist in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Hawaii Family Dental Centers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice location and nicely decorated office.

Cons

Untrained, unorganized staff and management, poor benefits, corporate environment.

Hawaii Family Dental Centers2019-12-26

February 5, 2020Chief of Staff

Dear Dr., thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your time with us was brief and that your experience with us was not positive. Thank you for joining us and we wish you the best in your future endeavors!

3. "Started Off Good......Over Time Eroded"

2.0
    Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Hawaii Family Dental Centers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

equipment was beginning to slowly improve with time, good patient base.

Cons

Poor corporate leadership. Sales over patient care. Poor pay for hygienists -- company switched from hourly to full commission. Did not pay overtime to hygienists - although it was required by federal and state law. Company finds ways to maneuver around laws and regulations in order to benefit their bottom dollar. No investment into hygiene equipment.

Hawaii Family Dental Centers2019-12-11

February 5, 2020Chief of Staff

Hi, thank you for your feedback and for supporting our mission to improve the lives of everyone in Hawaii. I am sorry you had to go and also to learn about your experience. Hygienists are absolutely eligible for over-time pay. I highly encourage you connect with our HR team at hr@hawaiifamilydental.com. We would love to learn more about how we can better support hygienists in regards to their equipment! Feel free to comment back!

4. "Good company"

Former Employee - Head Patient Concierge

I worked at Hawaii Family Dental Centers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People there are easy to get along with

Cons

Unrealistic hours of operation, need to show more appreciation to employees

Hawaii Family Dental Centers2019-10-24
  5. "Okay job"

Current Employee - Dental Receptionist

Pros

Flexible hours and good starting pay if there’s dental experience

Cons

Hours are unpredictable and no bonuses, holiday pay, etc.

Hawaii Family Dental Centers2019-07-20

July 22, 2019Business Development

Aloha and thank you so much for your feedback and the time you have contributed to improving the health and wellbeing of everyone in Hawaii. I am happy to hear our flexible hours provide you a good work life balance, we would like to hear any suggestions you have to make it more predictable. We do have paid holidays, If you would like to email hr@hawaiifamilydental.com we can review our holiday calendar and PTO benefits. Thanks again for being apart of HFD!

"best coworkers!"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Hawaii Family Dental Centers part-time for less than a year

Pros

At my center we have a friendly work environment that makes you want to come to work. flexible scheduling.

Cons

pay could be a lot better.

Hawaii Family Dental Centers2019-03-13

June 4, 2019Chief of Staff

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am glad to hear that you are surrounded by a great team and that you have a work schedule that suits you. Regarding pay, we are always look at ways to round out our monetary comp including our benefits like 401k with matching, CE, time off, paid holidays, etc.. Please email hr@hawaiifamilydental.com - we would love to hear more from you!

"Ohana workplace"

Current Employee - Dentist in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Hawaii Family Dental Centers full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great co-workers and team; Great hours;

Cons

no ownership in the company, if that is what you are looking for

Hawaii Family Dental Centers2019-03-13

June 4, 2019Chief of Staff

Thank you for your reivew and for your years of service! I am happy to hear that you enjoy working with your coworkers and your schedule.

"Tons of career development, autonomy, and feedback valued"

Current Employee - Manager in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Hawaii Family Dental Centers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love my job and the people I work with. The opportunities that have been presented over the last 5 years has allowed me to grow in ways unimaginable prior to working here. I'm also continually challenged to learn and try new things; I feel like every step of the way, I've been supported in my professional development. I enjoy the fast paced nature of the work (never bored), that we get to help people live healthier lives, and that management is always open to new ideas when supported with data (and sometimes by gut).

Cons

None that I can think of.

Hawaii Family Dental Centers2019-02-06

June 27, 2019Business Development

Paraphrasing JFK, "we choose not to do things because they are easy but because they are hard". Thank you for the last 5 years and we wish to continue to support your growth for many more years as we work towards our mission of improving the health and well being of everyone in Hawaii!

"Dental assistant"

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Kahului, HI

I worked at Hawaii Family Dental Centers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love the feeling of family, they had very competitive pay and benefits, they focused on patient care and diagnosing and treating Perio disease. I found it heartwarming that if somebody couldn’t afford treatment for perio disease that the company would actually pay for it.

Cons

It’s a fast paced environment. Sometimes we run behind and the patients would hate that. Sometimes there were emergency patients in the morning that would push us behind the rest of the day and that would be stressful.

Hawaii Family Dental Centers2019-02-02

June 18, 2019Business Development

Thank you for the feedback- we are happy to hear your experience aligned with our company mission, to improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in Hawaii. We have improved our PTO benefits feel free to reach out to jobs@hawaiifamilydental.com if you would like to learn more about how we have beefed up on benefits since you have left!

"HFDC Kihei"

Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Kïhei, HI

Pros

The pros about working in Kihei are that everyone gets along well and work very hard. Everyone keeps it professional and lends a helping hand when others need it. Many this are great about working here, but the thing I like best is how cohesive everyone is with another. The best part is having an OM that is very understanding and diplomatic.

Cons

The only thing that I can think of is that our office needs a little TLC, new everything basically.

Hawaii Family Dental Centers2019-02-01

June 18, 2019Business Development

Thanks for your feedback about the positive relationships and good leadership! With our new Center at Queen Kaahumanu Shopping Center now open on Maui, we will look at how we can provide Kihei some of that TLC ;)

Found 46 reviews