Hawaiian Airlines "flight benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Hawaiian Airlines Employee Reviews about "flight benefits"

Updated Dec 3, 2019

3.5
Hawaiian Airlines President and Chief Executive Officer Peter R. Ingram
Peter R. Ingram
Pros
  • "There's no doubt that everyone living in Hawaii dreams of working for this company for it's flight benefits(in 27 reviews)

• "Great benefits/perks for employees(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay, less hours and difficult people(in 7 reviews)

• "Pay is lower compared to other similar mainland jobs(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "flight benefits"

Return to all Reviews

"Most coveted company to work for in Hawaii"

Current Employee - Fraud Specialist in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Hawaiian Airlines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There's no doubt that everyone living in Hawaii dreams of working for this company for it's flight benefits. Not only that, but also for the extremely generous medical coverage and laid back Hawaii vibe. I can't speak for other departments, but in my department, everyone is family. There's also a lot of room for growth in the corporate sector. Personally, I enjoy my current position too much and declined offers for promotion. I appreciate that they respect that wish.

Cons

Like any company, there are going to be some weaknesses. I've observed other departments grow and contract due to various different factors. I feel like there should be more integration between departments so that they may share resources. Some of the tools that I utilize can benefit other departments, but it seems that managements prefers each department to work independently. Hawaiian's IT sector could also use a big revamp as they are the support system of the company. An efficient IT sector will make everyone's lives easier. My other complaint would be for the flight attendants that have been with the company for a long time and feel entitled. Most of them are very nice, but a few tend to think they have the right to treat other with disrespect. It's time for them to retire.

Hawaiian Airlines2019-12-03

"Decent company but does not allow for progress"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Hawaiian Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great medical and flight benefits. Company culture is great and everyone is like family. Profit sharing company so there is great bonuses if company is doing well.

Cons

No progress/movement/promotion. Company does not like to promote within (even if they say they do) but prefers to hire from the mainland, which is why many locals now refer to them as “Haole Airlines”. They also severely underpay their employees because many people will take a pay cut to live in Hawaii or receive airline benefits. If you are not passionate about travel and are looking for a high salary, this is not the job for you. Non contract employees also do not receive yearly raises.

Hawaiian Airlines2019-11-07

"Hawaii's Best Employer Leaves a Lot to be Desired"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Hawaiian Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flight benefits. Strong medical and dental coverage. 5% 401(k) after 12 months + 2% 401(k) Matching.

Cons

Flight benefits (these are seniority-based and people with more seniority than you can bump you off a flight when they list 45 mins beforehand... which they do, because they know they can just to spite you). Weak vacation time (2 weeks for first 5 years). Poor talent management. Location (Airport Industrial Park, nothing nearby). Lack of career pathways. Manual processes. Seniority-based culture. Face-time culture.

Hawaiian Airlines2019-08-14

"What matters is what's on the inside, not the outside."

Current Employee - Analyst in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Hawaiian Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

I want to say the flight benefits, but they only serve you if you're lucky or have 10+ years at Hawaiian. So, hope for luck.

Cons

Management (Sr. Directors and above) do not appreciate it's front line nor its office workers. Hawaiian is a very top heavy company, with more Directors than managers. It's too siloed for anything really productive to occur, it's safety culture is absolutely abysmal and no one wants to take action on it. To the point, I have no faith or trust in management to do the right thing. Despite, doing fine financially the last few years, I think our Finance and Accounting department mismanage company resources. Overall, it's fine if you work here but only if you work under either Finance and Accounting or Commercial as they get paid the best. If you work under any of the Operational departments, you won't get paid very well and you'll work the hardest to get things done.

Hawaiian Airlines2019-08-06
  5. "Competitive Job. Fun Benefits"

I have been working at Hawaiian Airlines full-time

Pros

Competitive pay with other Hawaii companies. Flight benefits

Cons

Pay is lower compared to other similar mainland jobs.

Hawaiian Airlines2018-10-04
  6. "Specialist"

I have been working at Hawaiian Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Flight Benefits - Great Co-workers - Working in paradise

Cons

- Low pay - Hard to get on stand-by with low senority

Hawaiian Airlines2018-07-27

"Good place to work, still growing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Hawaiian Airlines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flight benefits are great, living in Hawaii is wonderful, and many people are very welcoming

Cons

Still some wariness of outsiders, and the company is still experiencing growing pains from the smaller local company that came out of bankruptcy. Pay is also lower in comparison to expectation, especially considering the high cost of living.

Hawaiian Airlines2018-05-21
  8. "Good company"

I have been working at Hawaiian Airlines full-time

Pros

Good flight benefits and great insurance

Cons

Doesn't fly everywhere in the US

Hawaiian Airlines2018-03-19

"Amateur Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Hawaiian Airlines full-time

Pros

Great people (they are very welcoming), flight benefits are similar to other US airlines but parents pay a fee at Hawaiian, health care

Cons

Senior Management displays favoritism, this company is very amateur and reluctant to change (yet they are expanding so rapidly), promotions are often given to unqualified candidates

Hawaiian Airlines2017-10-14

"Flight Attendant"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Hawaiian Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Travel the world. Meet new people. Flight benefits, flexible schedule, never ever boring. Best job for me without a doubt.

Cons

You miss your family. Will need some seniority before getting the best schedule. Passengers can be challenging at times for sure.

Hawaiian Airlines2017-09-05

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 27 reviews