- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - South Carolina
- - Charleston, SC Area
- - Charleston, SC
- - Mount Pleasant, SC
- - Colorado
- - Denver, CO Area
- - Lakewood, CO
Found 39 of over 50 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Outsourcing of application development, bad management, long hours expected" (in 6 reviews)
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jun 25, 2021 - Seasonal Customer Service SpecialistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-Great company culture. -Worked remotely. -Always there to answer your questions.
None that I can think ofContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 11, 2022 - Training and Support SpecialistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible work schedule, good first job
Lack of fair pay, misrepresentation of company benefits, nonexistent work culture, poor management, no ability for internal growth, lack of experience within managementContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★May 16, 2022 - InternRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
great coworkers and management the community they have built is great
the traffic is bad and having to drive in is painful
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun 15, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Only plus is the people.
no room for growth, no inclusivity and diversity, terrible salaries and "raises", terrible management, 0/10.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 2, 2022 - Product Specialist in Charleston, SCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good people who are helpful
Low relative salary. Little company culture
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 30, 2021 - Technical SupportRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It was fairly easy to get hired.
Small company, so you got small company issuesContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★May 24, 2021 - Product Manager in Charleston, SCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexibility is key, and there will always be opportunity for growth for those who seek it out.
The company lacks in providing resources to empower employees to do their jobs effectively.Continue reading
Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts about Hawkes. We're glad you've sensed that there is always opportunity to grow here at Hawkes and happy to hear you've appreciated our flexible work environment. As always, we will focus on recruiting efforts and doing everything we can to make sure that teams are staffed appropriately. We appreciate everything you do for us!
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 11, 2021 - Customer Support RepresentativeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good place to gain experience. Occasional fun company-wide activities. Awesome employees to work with. Beware of management.
Toxic and manipulative management. Favoritism runs rampant. If you are not liked, they will devise a scheme to have you fired. Or they will make your life miserable until you quit. You will be overworked and undervalued. Be warned, some of these managers are downright evil.Continue reading
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and sharing your thoughts about your time with Hawkes Learning. The overall culture and team atmosphere at Hawkes is always something we are working on and cultivating, and we’re glad to hear that you appreciate the awesome employees we hire here. We strive to maintain a culture of positivity and service and are certainly open to hearing about changes we can make to our management team. More recently, we’ve restructured both our sales and customer support teams to provide consistent and dedicated support to our employees and we are hopeful employees see this positive change as a new opportunity to grow and development with new leadership. We know that we will always have room to grow as an organization and are constantly seeking to better ourselves. Thank you again for sharing your feedback, and we wish you the best in your career.
- Former Employee★★★★★May 4, 2021 - Customer Service RepresentativeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Thorough support from management and team.
Can be a learning curve.
Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts about Hawkes. We're glad you've sensed the trust and supportive nature of our managers that we work hard to make part of our culture. We wish you all the best!
- Former Employee★★★★★Nov 18, 2020 - Systems Analyst in Charleston, SCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It is a Family like environment
Can be a drive, with traffic, depending on where you live.
Hawkes Learning Reviews FAQs
Hawkes Learning has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 50 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Hawkes Learning to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
67% of Hawkes Learning employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hawkes Learning 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.