The professional development is endless. Amazing how Hawkins, Inc. supports all employees.
Would like to see more cross-departmental meetings/team building
The hourly wage pays a decent amount
The company has good health benefits through the employee union
Unsafe working facilities. Unable to incorporate many important safety procedures due to high volume work load. Which is scary when working with acidic and corrosive chemicals
Huge disconnect between corporate and general employees, which made trying to make changes/improvements extremely difficult
There is a union and HR, but I found that neither one does much to protect employees when difficult situations come up
Facilities understaffed. High volume work load and not enough staff members. Causing many mistakes, chemical spills, and countless hours of mandated unwanted overtime
High turnover from temporary and full-time employees. Due to high work load and minimal if no official training
Think twice before excepting a job here
Advice to Management
Communicate with your employees. This company has a lot of potential, but will never reach it because no one can stand to stay at certain facilities more than a few years. There are people who work in production every day with great ideas that will never be heard. Employees need to have some official training before starting, which would be possible if facilities where adequately staffed.
I worked at Hawkins full-time (More than 3 years)
Good pay and benefits, fairly flexible schedule.
- Old stogie atmosphere
- New employees are offered little training in most departments
- Outdated procedures and lack of interest in changing or updating though some newer managers are trying
- Lack of communication within organization causes frequent, unnecessary timeliness issues with orders.
- Tuition reimbursement only seems to apply if you are going to school for what they want. If you desire to go into a different field you must get permission from management to study or you may risk losing your job.
- If you start into tuition reimbursement program and quit or lose your job, you owe them all the money paid to that point.
Advice to Management
Stop backbiting your employees.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?