Haworth Marketing + Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Haworth Marketing + Media Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2019

Found 31 reviews

3.6
Haworth Marketing + Media CEO Gary Tobey (no image)
Gary Tobey
  1. "Haworth Planner"

I have been working at Haworth Marketing + Media full-time

Pros

Collaborative and you get to work on some big accounts

Cons

I have no cons for Haworth

Haworth Marketing + Media2018-09-10

October 3, 2018VP/Director of HR & Operations

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your positive review and acknowledgement about our collaborative environment and the opportunity to work on some big brands at Haworth. Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments!

2. "Lots of knowledge available"

Former Employee - Digital Media Planner in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Haworth Marketing + Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Casual work environment, friendly coworkers and lots of great resources to bolster fast learning

Cons

Under market value for salaries (at all levels)

Haworth Marketing + Media2019-08-19

"Sink or Swim"

Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Haworth Marketing + Media full-time

Pros

- Nice office - Friendly people - Big clients - Great place to learn and start a career

Cons

- Horrible pay - Long hours - Bad upper-management and leadership - Sink or swim mentality - Very little for career path - Clients are more important than employees

Advice to Management

It would have been nice to have better support from leadership. Figure it out or fail state of mind. The client isn't always right - take care and support your people. Invest in your employees. Listen to what they have to say; actually hear it and implement Do a better job of taking your time to hire the right candidates

Haworth Marketing + Media2018-11-08

November 16, 2018VP/Director of HR & Operations

We appreciate your feedback—and while we’re pleased about your “pros”, we take your “cons” seriously. Our employees go well beyond what we’d say is our greatest asset—they are our identity as valuable individuals who bring unique talents to our team. We encourage you to talk with ...

"Better agencies out there"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Haworth Marketing + Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are very nice.

Cons

Haworth is extremely unorganized. They grew much too quickly when acquiring Walmart and didn’t account for all the steps of working with a company the size of Walmart. Unqualified internal employees continue to be promoted in order to retain as many people as they can, and the overall attitude is negative, with numerous people in management talking badly about clients and internal executives.

Advice to Management

Work on the negativity within the organization. My first day involved hearing my director bad mouth and complain about one of the SVPs, and how she was only waiting until her 3 year vetted status before quitting. There was no awareness that a brand new employee was sitting directly outside her office.

Haworth Marketing + Media2018-05-23

June 4, 2018VP/Director of HR & Operations

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. We value and consider all comments and advice – especially as we adjust to the transformative changes happening in our industry. Throughout our 48 years in business, we’ve worked hard to create a positive environment where everyone ...

"Happiest Place on Earth"

Former Employee - Assistant Media Planner in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Haworth Marketing + Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, challenging work, relatively normal hours, awesome clients, free food! Fun work environment, room to grow/work up in every position

Cons

The work can ebb and flow so there are moments when your to-do list gets really long. Luckily Haworth has a fantastic teamwork mentality and the tough times are worked through together with the team.

Haworth Marketing + Media2018-04-20

"Welcoming place, cares about employees"

Current Employee - Investments in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Haworth Marketing + Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Haworth is a welcoming place with smart, passionate employees and management who cares about their employees which comes through in the strong culture and pride the employees have in the agency. There has been growth (which is a good thing in the ad biz!) and the energy created by the environment here is infectious.

Cons

Training has been an ongoing issue but a new process is in place to help alleviate that concern. Also, not all clients are created equal so some of the teams have more challenges delivering work, but that is something that is consistent in this business as it was at my previous agency. Haworth’s management does recognize the challenges caused by some clients and works to address the issues but there is often... frustration when there is no immediate solve.

Advice to Management

This is the strongest agency in town for a reason and that ladders up to management that genuinely cares about their employees. Continue to nurture the Haworth brand beyond our clients by providing great benefits such as enabling and encouraging Haworth’s mission to give back to the community which adds to the pride we have working here.

Haworth Marketing + Media2018-03-15
  7. "Buyer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Haworth Marketing + Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great, and that's the reason most people stay. There are occasional happy hours or lunches provided which is nice. Benefits are great- health and PTO, although people would prefer less health for more salary.

Cons

The salaries are not anywhere near comparable to other agencies. They don't do a lot to celebrate employees or aid to retention rates. There are no holiday bonuses or gifts given, and significant others aren't invited to the holiday party. Upper level management is out of touch, and don't try to hear out the more junior employees.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. Act like you care if they stay or go. We know entry level media candidates are a dime a dozen, but it will work out better if you invest in the people you already have. People want to put more of themselves into Haworth, but they just don't feel the reciprocation.

Haworth Marketing + Media2018-03-03

March 16, 2018Human Resources Specialist

Thanks for your feedback; we appreciate hearing from our employees and encourage candid communication throughout the organization. We are eager to make continuous improvements to contribute to the overall benefit of each and every individual we employ. Haworth management continues ...

8. "Overall Friendly atmosphere"

I worked at Haworth Marketing + Media full-time

Pros

Family, work of home benefits

Cons

salary is very low, management should pay to keep their employees

Haworth Marketing + Media2018-02-14
  9. "Planner"

I have been working at Haworth Marketing + Media full-time

Pros

Great benefits and perks, cool location with great people

Cons

Significantly below market average for pay

Haworth Marketing + Media2018-02-20
  10. "Pit Stop, Not a Final Destination"

I worked at Haworth Marketing + Media full-time

Pros

People, location, client roster, extra-curricular activities

Cons

Salary, little direction, poor management, too little space, no diversity

Haworth Marketing + Media2018-01-04