Haworth Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Haworth President and CEO Franco Bianchi
Franco Bianchi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They are great people with Great communication (in 16 reviews)

• Puts policies in place to allow for work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no respect at the lower level (in 3 reviews)

• Very, very UNORGANIZED and high turnover (in 4 reviews)

1. "Mechanical Engineering Intern"

I worked at Haworth full-time

Pros

Haworth was an incredible place to work. I found a healthy amount of challenge which helped me to grow as an aspiring engineer. My team was great. Their internship experience is incredible. This company really invests in their interns!

Cons

I can not list any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in programs that reach out to coop students and interns. Even if these employees move on to a different company they will always remember this experience. There is a great chance that they will end up coming back.

2. "Overall good place to work."

Current Employee - Engineer in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Holland, MI

I have been working at Haworth full-time

Pros

Great corporate culture- flexible and friendly for the most part. Majority of employees are easy to approach and are willing to help. Good benefits and avg. to above avg. pay.

Cons

Executive leadership very focused on metrics that are not very reflective of what’s really going on in the core of the business. Priorities and initiatives are not consistently given executive support and resources, leading to a lot of projects that don’t get completed. Business units can be siloed and can feel like they are working against each other rather than with each other for the betterment of the entire organization. Also training is lackluster.

Advice to Management

Pick your battles and make sure to give support and resources to initiatives that require them for completion. Revamp metrics so that the real opportunities and successes can be properly addressed.

TRAINING! No better way to keep employees engaged and usually pays off over time with productivity and retention.

3. "Salaried Employee"

Current Employee - Finance in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Finance in Holland, MI

I have been working at Haworth full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked in the corporate office for over 10 years. As with any position, my experience is based on my leadership. I have found Haworth to be progressive and supportive. I have been given plenty of opportunities to excel. I understand that I am responsible for my career and success and Haworth has helped me maximize my potential.

Cons

I do not have any experience in the plant. I cannot speak to some of the experiences voiced here. However, I have been involved in the hiring of plant members who have chosen to continue their education and pursue opportunities in the office.

Advice to Management

Continue to identify members who are looking for career progression. Support members who choose to stay in hourly positions.

4. "Not what it used to be"

Former Employee - Engineer in Holland, MI
    Former Employee - Engineer in Holland, MI

I worked at Haworth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The health insurance and the people with whom I worked.

Cons

Something happened but I'm not sure what it was. It's clear that this company is not what it used to be. The respect and value once placed on members seems to have faded. I used to be proud to work for Haworth but now I'm proud that I don't.

Advice to Management

They didn't listen before so they're not going to listen now.

5. "I've had better... much better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

I have been working at Haworth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent hourly wage and benefits.

Cons

Factory floor is a total disorganized mess. There is a revolving door of employees and supervisors. Check your life at the door... for under $14 an hour, they think they own you for at least 6 days a week (possibly even the holidays.) Over 70 percent of my co-workers, including myself are actively seeking other employment. Ranks near rock bottom of the list of employers that many of us have worked for. Very unorganized, place almost zero value on employee retention.

Advice to Management

Treat your factory employees like adults, not pre-school children. The constant threats of letting people go when it is hard enough to get people to stay doesn't seem to be working. A revolving door of employees is not going to improve production or quality. Employee morale is very low in the plant... and word on the street in Ottawa County is traveling. It is not surprising that less local people are choosing Haworth to work for.

6. "Finance"

Former Employee - Finance in Holland, MI
    Former Employee - Finance in Holland, MI

I worked at Haworth full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good hard working people around you. Because you will need it to survive.

Cons

Management, management, management. Managers will use you for their own career advancement. Once used up, they will use the power of the PIP to force you out the door. Don’t be honest with a single manager at that company. Your honesty is their weapon against you. Just keep your resume up to date. Smile and nod at them from time to time but don’t give them any ammo to use against you.

Advice to Management

Instead of promoting the biggest kiss butt to a leadership role, and I use leadership verrrrrry loosely, you may want to develop people based on their actual leadership characteristics. Half your so called leaders are just riding coat tales. Your best employees have either left or are looking.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Holland, MI

I have been working at Haworth full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is highly innovative and creative in many departments, and promotes Corporate Values and inclusiveness.

Cons

None. Overall, it's a great company to work for. Perfect - no, but I've always been treated respectfully.

8. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Haworth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fortunate to work with a great team in the territory I represented. Haworth is a leader in the industry in terms of workplace research and product development.

Cons

No training or business plan for new role of Account Executive. Difficult to get help/guidance to use company resources for presenting to a client's unique needs.

Advice to Management

Listen to field sales obstacles and put into action requested resources to help them grow market share.

9. "Very unorganized! High turnover!"

Current Employee - Production Team Member in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Production Team Member in Holland, MI

I have been working at Haworth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits are very good.

Cons

Very, very UNORGANIZED and high turnover! The cannot keep supervisors or production team members for this reason. It is dirty and training is almost obsolete. I am looking for other employment at the first of the year!

Advice to Management

Clean! Then have the plant manager put proper training in place for new employees.

"The turnover is high."

Former Employee - New Business Development
    Former Employee - New Business Development

I worked at Haworth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonus is good ....but they make it so it is unreacheable the following year.

Cons

Management is poor at the local and regional level. No one wanted the job so they put someone unqualified in place. Dealers are unhappy but Corporate doesn't respond. They talk about culture and values but don't carry them through to the field.