Hawthorne Residential Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 104 reviews

3.9
Hawthorne Residential Partners CEO Ed Harrington
Ed Harrington
Pros
  • "HRP is an amazing company to be a part of(in 9 reviews)

• "I have only worked for Hawthorne about one year but it is one of the best management companies I have ever worked for(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are some serious problems with upper management(in 7 reviews)

• "There are no cons, it's truly the best place to work on the planet(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Absolutely Amazing!"

Current Employee - Support in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Hawthorne Residential Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They literally know your name!! I've worked for this company since August of 2013 and was completely floored when Sam Davenport called me by my name! It was such a wonderful experience. You actually matter and your not just a person. Best property management to work for by far!!!

Cons

There aren't any, I love this company!

Hawthorne Residential Partners2019-02-12

March 7, 2019HR Manager

Thank you so much for your positive words! We are thrilled that you are here!!

2. "Amazing organizational culture"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Gonzales, LA

I have been working at Hawthorne Residential Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Autonomy. Space and trust to perform and be successful.

Cons

Company is growing faster than corporate support can keep up. Corporate resources and support are stretched too thin.

Advice to Management

Streamline the corporate office to give the people at the properties more support.

Hawthorne Residential Partners2019-09-01

September 4, 2019HR Manager

Thank you so much for your candid feedback. The company has grown rapidly, especially this year! We are excited about the growth and your feedback is very helpful so that we can make some tweaks to better support our teams. I'm thrilled that you are happy with the company's culture. ...

3. "Great first job out of college"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Hawthorne Residential Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the residents and co workers. It is a wonderful first job out of college to grow into!

Cons

Working several Saturdays a month.

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring growth in employees! I love all of the training seminars you offer!

Hawthorne Residential Partners2019-08-13

August 28, 2019HR Manager

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are delighted to be your first job out of college and that it's been a great experience for you. Thank you for being excited to learn and grow with the company and being a true LIVE IT example!

4. "Great Base but Not the best Execution"

Current Employee - Community Manager

Pros

Company outlook is great. Conference is great

Cons

Execution through Regionals is not the best in Raleigh. Could be much better

Advice to Management

Ensure your Regionals are communicating everything as they should be

Hawthorne Residential Partners2019-06-27

July 1, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your kind words and your honest feedback about the issues you are experiencing in the Raleigh region. If you're comfortable giving me a call to discuss, I'd like to learn more specifics. Kerri Shellman- 336-553-1461.

5. "Great place to learn more about the industry."

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Hawthorne Residential Partners part-time for less than a year

Pros

Learning opportunities, great management team.

Cons

I was happy with my workplace.

Advice to Management

I don`t have any advice.

Hawthorne Residential Partners2019-06-12

June 19, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with Hawthorne. Come back and work with us again!

"A weird experience"

Former Employee - Resident Services Supervisor

I worked at Hawthorne Residential Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

They pay well, I've met some very skilled people and there is a general culture of knowledge among the maintenance men of the company

Cons

Yiiikkkkkkeeeesssss, I mean wow, whiplash y'all. There were some campaign promises made when I came on that got the 180° within months, which to be fair is not uncommon in this industry. What got me was the immediate and continual lack of planning, coordination, training or basic knowledge of the ground level requirements of our jobs that EVERY corporate individual has shown!? I know some of the individuals I've... dealt with are just repeating what they have been told to say but it is just depressing the sort of things that go on. It's like being in a burning house and everyone just keeps saying it's fine. There are over 100 unglosserized forms maintenance is supposed to fill out daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly. No training on this, they just hand you this dumpster fire of a maintenance manual that doesn't even agree with itself half the time. I could tell you stories that you would never believe could happen in a profitable company but suffice it to say they are not a keeper if you are in for a career, if you just need experience and some cash go for it but go in knowing it won't be a long stay and no matter what DO NOT WORK OFF THE CLOCK, yes they are so incompetent that they don't realize it's what they are asking, just keep saying no, almost all of the employees I've asked candidly admit to being so preassured by management to be more productive that they do so.

Advice to Management

I've been in management nearly a decade, literally a 3rd of my life, there are some lessons that have been hard learned; don't waste good cause the competition certainly won't, trust is stronger than any lock and better than any forms an employee worth having will strive to be worth that trust, if you can say that you have not learned from your employees and grown with them than you have not really been a leader.

Hawthorne Residential Partners2019-06-25

July 3, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. I'd love to speak with you directly to get more information about your experience to loop in our Director of Resident Services so that we may look into these issues. If you're comfortable giving me a call, I can be reached at 336-553-1461. Kerri ...

"Middle Management has an issue that’s not connecting."

Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Hawthorne Residential Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent Pay Meet new people. Awesome educational and business training.

Cons

Not enough assistance with mental health issues. Middle management will take advantage of you if you do not set the standard at the beginning. Items that were left after my mental breakdown were taken and no one will contact me back.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of great people out here who still have a genuine heart for the workforce, but as long as middle management are continually taking advantage, you’re gonna always run into this hurdle. Speak with your property managers. Seriously.

Hawthorne Residential Partners2019-04-12

April 17, 2019HR Manager

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I'm disappointed that you had a bad experience with the company. We do have several free Employee Assistance Programs that we provide for our folks to use as a resource for help . I'd be interested in learning more about your specific situation ...

"THE WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Hawthorne Residential Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros to working for this terrible company.

Cons

Everything you can possibly think of. Think of the ideal company you would want to work for & grow with and RUN THE OPPOSITE WAY. There is very little minorities at Hawthrone & forget seeing any in power. I think I came across ONE woman of color who was a property manager. Just check out their company website. No diversity. They don’t pay you on time!!! I REPEAT....THEY DO NOT PAY YOU ON TIME. and when that... happens they make you wait ANOTHER pay cycle before you get your money. They have a stupid Live It culture yet the employees do not benefit from that Live It motto. It’s really silly. If you want to work for a company where the property manager has NO backbone and has to tell the regional EVERYTHING and can NOT make a single decision then that is your place to be. It’s TOTALLY micromanaged. Forget....forget calling HR to help you. I called HR and they told me to sit down and talk to my PM I was having issues with. Ummmm...I called HR for a reason. Bc I don’t feel comfortable. They retaliate once you call them based off anything that is told to them. Write ups don’t fall off which is silly Bc how is anyone supposed to bounce back from it. This is THE WORST company I have ever been employed with. Ever. Employees are not valued unless you are not a minority or unless you kiss the PM butt or higher up. There are far better companies out there that will value you and what you bring to the table. This place is trash!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

This place is awful.

Hawthorne Residential Partners2019-04-12

April 24, 2019HR Manager

Thanks for the feedback. We are sorry that you feel that you had a bad experience with the company.

9. "A wonderful work environment!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Marietta, GA

Pros

HRP does it right! They’re a company that’s truly innovative in how they treat their people. You never feel like a number here, even when you aren’t close to the corporate office. They reward bright upbeat people who are eager to learn with support, gratitude and opportunities to grow. They hire great people to lead and support everyone, my Regional Manager is very knowledgeable, supportive and approachable. I’ve... had a great experience with this company and I truly enjoy coming to work!

Cons

Nothing really ‘company specific’ negatives, there is always challenges with any industry involving customer service. Expectations could be considered “high” but you want the best you expect the best!

Advice to Management

Keep growing and creating more opportunities! You’ve got great people that will grow along with you!

Hawthorne Residential Partners2019-03-02

March 7, 2019HR Manager

Thank you so much for the kudos. You are a wonderful example of how we LIVEIT and you're appreciated more than you know!

"Good"

Current Employee - RSS

I have been working at Hawthorne Residential Partners full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Call is hard on family

Hawthorne Residential Partners2019-01-30

February 5, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. We do realize that on call can be tough. We appreciate you more than you know!

Found 104 reviews