Hayes Locums Reviews | Glassdoor

Hayes Locums Reviews

Updated Oct 10, 2019

Found 76 reviews

4.3
Hayes Locums CEO John Hayes  (no image)
John Hayes
Pros
  • "Moved my entire family from Illinois for the opportunity to work with Hayes Locums(in 12 reviews)

• "High energy team-first work environment(in 9 reviews)

"Great atmosphere!"

Former Employee - Sales in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Hayes Locums full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hayes Locums has a great working environment.

Cons

It is not an easy sell.

Advice to Management

Increase base salary slightly.

Hayes Locums2019-10-10

"Make Money / Make Memories"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant/Cardiology in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Hayes Locums full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture Ability to make money Hayes Helps allows us to volunteer for great organizations. I myself volunteered for the Honor Flight and it was a life changing experience for me and my veteran Fun work atmosphere Working directly with doctors you like Selling in something I believe in

Cons

Time commitment - it takes awhile to build up your pipeline and it requires long days

Advice to Management

EVERYONE ... Needs to crawl before they walk.

Hayes Locums2019-10-04

"Happiest place on Earth is... probably still Disney... but I think we're pretty good too!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Hayes Locums full-time for less than a year

Pros

Gosh where do I begin... Culture. I know that's such a broad term, but the culture resonates the second you step off the elevator. Everybody works extremely hard and is passionate about what they do. Lack of work ethic? You won't last in this company. Everybody from the senior consultants, managers, directors, execs come early and stay late. 9-6 are suggested work time, emphasis on suggested. But hard work... doesn't come unrewarded at Hayes. We have team outings, company events, and summer hours (who else has summer hours!?!) Family. Definitely stems from our culture, but all 200 something employees treat each other like family. Ownership and executives will come by your desk and continue conversations as if we were all gathered at grandmas for Thanksgiving. And then there's your team... Your team is your lifeline in and outside of the company. I've grown to rely on my team beyond office hours, beyond office walls. Values. Hayes Locums is not old school Manhattan, but new school Brooklyn. We're profitable, we work hard, but we're not in our suit and ties, stuck up, sitting in cubicles, gouging our eyes out looking at computers.. there's more character than that. One of my favorite reasons for working here is the philanthropy. Giving back to the community means more than donating some money (which Hayes matches by the way!! see what I mean?) I've worked here less than 5 months and I got to feed the homeless, shop with my 6 year old for school supplies to donate, and fly to DC to serve as a guardian for a Vietnam Veteran. And that's just what me, myself, and I did.. we participate in walks to raise awareness, volunteer at camps as counselors for kids, put on toy drives/ fundraisers for children in need.. what don't we do? Fun. What would work be without fun? Not fun! Again only been here 5 months.. BUT! Already I've seen a limbo contest (My coworkers are quite limber), scavenger hunt, step challenge, Hawaiian themed luncheon, 4th of July potluck, team happy hourS (emphasizing the plural), company happy hour, and there's only more to come!

Cons

Some may not like the constant change that comes with being a fairly new yet growing company. But then again, Heraclitus did say, "change is the only constant."

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on.

Hayes Locums2019-10-01
  4. "Honor Flight Guardian"

Current Employee - Worker in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Hayes Locums full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Partnership Great Service All around a great opportunity to honor those who served our great nation, both past and present!

Cons

Very long day (totally worth it)

Advice to Management

Continue supporting Veterans! Also 4Kids!!

Hayes Locums2019-10-04

"Honest and upfront, plus a little fun"

Current Employee - Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Hayes Locums full-time for less than a year

Pros

company outings, consistent work schedule, company sponsored charity events, very friendly work environment, interesting job

Cons

repetitive work day, unforeseen problems occur outside of your control.

Advice to Management

none really, think its a solid company. however, i would advertise less that everyone will make 200k after two years tho and then 300k+ moving forward. its possible but a lot of these teams are already established and many doctors have already gone to senior consultants. realistic after 2 years is 75k-125k in my opinion. unless you work very hard and get lucky.

Hayes Locums2019-09-17

"Worth the wait"

Current Employee - MSS Manager

I have been working at Hayes Locums full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture at Hayes is simply wonderful. You work hard but play harder. Tons of activities and initiatives to keep employees engaged. I've made it past my 3 month mark and I've had nothing but support when I have needed it, and autonomy to learn and grow my way. I waited a while to accept an offer in hopes that the perfect one would come along, and Hayes was absolutely worth the wait. It is also a fantastic time... to be at Hayes as the company continues to grow and transform into something awesome. I wake up every day looking forward to come to work and excited about my future here.

Cons

Some "growing pains" as the company is growing very fast. We may not always have the right answer or the best plan, but this is expected and the leaders are working hard each day to make this better.

Advice to Management

On the decision making front: maintain the right mix of experts that have the Hayes history and the "new blood" that brings new ideas. It is the combination of both that will keep us balanced.

Hayes Locums2019-09-04
  7. "Pros & Cons"

Current Employee - Help Desk Technician

I have been working at Hayes Locums full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people that want to be great; family oriented leadership; opportunities to grow professionally and personally (i.e. internal transfers and wellness initiatives); leadership that encourages collaboration, displays a willingness to accept constructive criticism, then takes action on that feedback; community service initiatives; company-wide and team-building activities (i.e. themed quarterly meetings, bring your... parents to work day, trick or treat for children of employees, to name a few).

Cons

I can honestly say in my current position I do not have any cons regarding my employment. I know that can be hard to believe but I could not think of anything that would be worth stating as a "con" .

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and your people will continue to invest themselves in the company.

Hayes Locums2019-09-19

"The Training will get you over the learning curve faster"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Hayes Locums full-time for less than a year

Pros

My training was with Cory. He single handly did 2 weeks of training with my group. Training can be information overload, but the way he structures it, you able to retain almost everything. He's good at helping you see the reasoning for company methods. He provides so many creative ideas that you can use to be successful. because of him, I got over the learning curve very quickly. I used every method that he taught... me. His "thinking outside the box" is exactly what brought me my first success. In only my 3rd full month on the desk, I made a pretty significate accomplishment on my team, all because I applied the training. He makes it fun and engaging. if it was not for the intensive training and continued education, I would have taken me a long time to becomes skilled at my job as a consultant Also aside from training, you are working in a very free and open environment, sure you'll have to put in more time but it won't feel over exhausting because there is a healthy balance of work and fun. We often get let out early on Fridays, we have team outings, company outings, volunteer opportunities, it all balances out the hard work you put it. You do your best and are rarely questioned. It's worth it.

Cons

Role plays: I get very nervous about those. But not once did I feel as if I was being judged. Every single roleplay served its purpose later in my career with Hayes. It taught me how to step out of my comfort zone and handle uncomfortable situations.

Advice to Management

Continue bringing in several speakers into training to share perspective. But also consider bringing in newer consultants to share their stories thus far. Having someone that was in your shoes not that long ago makes it more relatable.

Hayes Locums2019-07-15

"Honest review"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Hayes Locums full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will meet some great people and the owners were genuinely supportive and helpful.

Cons

The wrong people are in positions of leadership (Managers). They hire managers that have never done the position and then expect you to learn from them. Apparently any type of managerial experience is accepted even if all you’ve done is flip burgers. The manager I worked for was immature, loud, lacked leadership skills, had no experience in sales and unprofessional. No one respected her yet she demanded it. The... manager would try to motivate with fear and would threaten sales staff jobs on a weekly basis. (Demotivating the team completely) I have seen inadequate managers before but this one tops it. I’m not a disgruntled employee or an isolated incident. Plenty of past consultants on the team and other teams feel the same way about her. I can go on but rather not waste any more time or energy.

Advice to Management

Put managers on a desk for 30-60 days once they can demonstrate they can make a placement, sales consultants will take them more seriously. Have a more vigorous interview when hiring people that will lead a team. People don’t leave companies they leave incapable managers.

Hayes Locums2019-06-27
  10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Hayes Locums full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, good people, can succeed with hard work

Cons

Long Hours, cold calling, freezing in office

Hayes Locums2019-06-11