Hayes Management Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Peter J. Butler

1. "One of the best experiences ever and the greatest professional growth early in my career."

Former Employee - Senior Manager Consultant in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager Consultant in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Hayes Management Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I found the entire team at Hay Management to be extremelybright and I couldn't help but absorb some of that brillance. Very reqwarding experience filled with personal and profesional growht.

Cons

There were no downsides only pluses.

Advice to Management

Stay track, continue to hire for success.

"Shady organization with no coherent strategy for success."

Former Employee - Senior Healthcare Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Healthcare Consultant in Denver, CO

Pros

They reimburse for travel expenses.

Cons

a total waste of energy and time dealing with this organization. First off they have totally misrepresented themselves when presenting their client opportunities. What baffles me is the lack of communication on Hayes Management Consulting group.

Advice to Management

go into insolvency

"It is a staff augmentation firm not consulting"

Current Employee - Senior Healthcare Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Healthcare Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

I was on a long-term projects. and the client I was working with was very nice.

Cons

This just one of many firms trying to disguise itself as a "consulting firm" when in fact it is more of a staffing agency.

Advice to Management

show some respect to the consultants that work on your projects. clear identity and direction of this firm.

5. "Hayes is GREAT!"

Current Employee - Healthar Cosulant
    Current Employee - Healthar Cosulant

I have been working at Hayes Management Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Full support from management staff. Great teams and projects. Always looking to better/train their staff! I have been here 10 years and wouldn't think of making a change!

Cons

I can't think of anything!

6. "Hayes is above average"

I have been working at Hayes Management Consulting full-time

Pros

The company has a strong collegial environment. Everyone pulls their weight and is always willing to help a colleague. The projects can be varied and interesting. Generally Hayes has a good reputation in market.

Cons

It seems that at times the company doesn't have a strong direction and remains a staff augmentation firm with a software component. The projects can sometimes be more of a fill in for staff rather than a consulting endeavor, though sometimes that's just the industry as well.

Advice to Management

Commit to and focus on a few areas of excellence and become leaders in those areas. Perhaps incent the sales team to focus on those areas and not just any business.

7. "very rough"

I have been working at Hayes Management Consulting full-time

Pros

earn travel miles and points for travel to client sites

Cons

Pay is MUCH lower than the average consulting firm. Very small firm with a lot of incompetent leaders and other managers. They cannot seem to secure contracts nor figure out how to use their staff appropriately for best company growth. They also seem to continue to struggle to gave footing in the industry.

Advice to Management

Management has a lot of trouble adapting to the changing healthcare landscape. Until they start listening to the consultants about what the industry wants, they will continue to go downhill.

8. "Best of small firm without being a bleeding edge startup"

I have been working at Hayes Management Consulting full-time

Pros

Hayes Consulting is a small company, but with a proven track record over many years. You get the benefits of a small company (ability to have an impact and influence company direction, accessible management) without the instability of bleeding edge startups that may go out of business anytime. Hayes has an impressive customer list, including hundreds of the most prestigious medical groups and hospitals. I find employees I interact with to be experienced and hardworking, and willing to help out in areas of their expertise. I have worked at a huge consulting firm, and at a huge software development firm. I like the ability in a small firm to take on a high level of responsibility, develop a business area, see it to fruition, and then keep improving it.

The pros of a small firm are you get to do everything.

Cons

The cons of a small firm are you have to do everything. Hayes doesn’t have huge support departments, so you’ll have one or two talented people helping you out but may need to do some legwork on your own.

Advice to Management

I’ve seen the management and infrastructure of Hayes evolve over the past 10 years as the firm has grown. The challenge is keeping the ‘right level’ of management and support departments to support the staff and fuel growth, without creating too much overhead. Mostly I think Hayes has gotten it right. I’d encourage mentoring managerial skills in all the top performers, with some organizational professional development. The ‘Skip Level’ management program where execs meet with every employee has been a huge success, keep it up.

9. "Family Atmosphere"

I have been working at Hayes Management Consulting full-time

Pros

Very focused on its people and treats each other like family. I came from a big corporate setting that was cut throat and you had to walk with your back towards a wall so you would not get (figuratively) stabbed. No such egos like that here. Just people that want to do right by the client.

Cons

As with any consulting business, travel has its challenges.

10. "I stay because the people and firm are great!"

Current Employee - Principal Health Care Consultant
    Current Employee - Principal Health Care Consultant

I have been working at Hayes Management Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Hayes many years and have not left despite other offers because the people are all sincere and hardworking. I have found working many different client sites that all disciplines of Hayes employees are good honest people working hard to help clients be successful. Hayes employees ALSO help each other to be successful too! The internal support personnel at Hayes work diligently to keep me informed and up to date! I have found management at all levels very supportive and caring.

I also have NEVER had an issue with reimbursements for expenses - unlike horror stories I have heard from some consultants with other companies,
    I also beg to differ with reviewers that said training is not available. I have experienced many opportunities for training.

Cons

No cons at this time.

11. "Good Company but used to be Great"

I have been working at Hayes Management Consulting full-time

Pros

Friendly Co-Workers and Senior Management has open door policy. Management communicates well with staff.

Cons

Sales team needs to be more proactive since consultant employment is tied to having projects sold. Bench Policy is fair in terms of the competition but reliance on hourly workers instead of full-time employees has decreased the feeling of family. There is some pressure on consultants to sell services to clients. Bonus structure is difficult to achieve unless you give up vacation time. The Cons seem to be related to the industry itself and are not limited to Hayes. Consulting is a difficult job since employment security is tied to sales and not to performance.