Hayes Management Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Hayes is GREAT!"

Current Employee - Healthar Cosulant
    Current Employee - Healthar Cosulant

I have been working at Hayes Management Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Full support from management staff. Great teams and projects. Always looking to better/train their staff! I have been here 10 years and wouldn't think of making a change!

Cons

I can't think of anything!

2. "Hayes is above average"

I have been working at Hayes Management Consulting full-time

Pros

The company has a strong collegial environment. Everyone pulls their weight and is always willing to help a colleague. The projects can be varied and interesting. Generally Hayes has a good reputation in market.

Cons

It seems that at times the company doesn't have a strong direction and remains a staff augmentation firm with a software component. The projects can sometimes be more of a fill in for staff rather than a consulting endeavor, though sometimes that's just the industry as well.

Advice to Management

Commit to and focus on a few areas of excellence and become leaders in those areas. Perhaps incent the sales team to focus on those areas and not just any business.

3. "very rough"

I have been working at Hayes Management Consulting full-time

Pros

earn travel miles and points for travel to client sites

Cons

Pay is MUCH lower than the average consulting firm. Very small firm with a lot of incompetent leaders and other managers. They cannot seem to secure contracts nor figure out how to use their staff appropriately for best company growth. They also seem to continue to struggle to gave footing in the industry.

Advice to Management

Management has a lot of trouble adapting to the changing healthcare landscape. Until they start listening to the consultants about what the industry wants, they will continue to go downhill.

"Shady organization with no coherent strategy for success."

Former Employee - Senior Healthcare Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Healthcare Consultant in Denver, CO

Pros

They reimburse for travel expenses.

Cons

a total waste of energy and time dealing with this organization. First off they have totally misrepresented themselves when presenting their client opportunities. What baffles me is the lack of communication on Hayes Management Consulting group.

Advice to Management

go into insolvency

5. "Best of small firm without being a bleeding edge startup"

I have been working at Hayes Management Consulting full-time

Pros

Hayes Consulting is a small company, but with a proven track record over many years. You get the benefits of a small company (ability to have an impact and influence company direction, accessible management) without the instability of bleeding edge startups that may go out of business anytime. Hayes has an impressive customer list, including hundreds of the most prestigious medical groups and hospitals. I find employees I interact with to be experienced and hardworking, and willing to help out in areas of their expertise. I have worked at a huge consulting firm, and at a huge software development firm. I like the ability in a small firm to take on a high level of responsibility, develop a business area, see it to fruition, and then keep improving it.

The pros of a small firm are you get to do everything.

Cons

The cons of a small firm are you have to do everything. Hayes doesn’t have huge support departments, so you’ll have one or two talented people helping you out but may need to do some legwork on your own.

Advice to Management

I’ve seen the management and infrastructure of Hayes evolve over the past 10 years as the firm has grown. The challenge is keeping the ‘right level’ of management and support departments to support the staff and fuel growth, without creating too much overhead. Mostly I think Hayes has gotten it right. I’d encourage mentoring managerial skills in all the top performers, with some organizational professional development. The ‘Skip Level’ management program where execs meet with every employee has been a huge success, keep it up.

6. "Family Atmosphere"

I have been working at Hayes Management Consulting full-time

Pros

Very focused on its people and treats each other like family. I came from a big corporate setting that was cut throat and you had to walk with your back towards a wall so you would not get (figuratively) stabbed. No such egos like that here. Just people that want to do right by the client.

Cons

As with any consulting business, travel has its challenges.

7. "I stay because the people and firm are great!"

Current Employee - Principal Health Care Consultant
    Current Employee - Principal Health Care Consultant

I have been working at Hayes Management Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Hayes many years and have not left despite other offers because the people are all sincere and hardworking. I have found working many different client sites that all disciplines of Hayes employees are good honest people working hard to help clients be successful. Hayes employees ALSO help each other to be successful too! The internal support personnel at Hayes work diligently to keep me informed and up to date! I have found management at all levels very supportive and caring.

I also have NEVER had an issue with reimbursements for expenses - unlike horror stories I have heard from some consultants with other companies,
    I also beg to differ with reviewers that said training is not available. I have experienced many opportunities for training.

Cons

No cons at this time.

8. "Good Company but used to be Great"

I have been working at Hayes Management Consulting full-time

Pros

Friendly Co-Workers and Senior Management has open door policy. Management communicates well with staff.

Cons

Sales team needs to be more proactive since consultant employment is tied to having projects sold. Bench Policy is fair in terms of the competition but reliance on hourly workers instead of full-time employees has decreased the feeling of family. There is some pressure on consultants to sell services to clients. Bonus structure is difficult to achieve unless you give up vacation time. The Cons seem to be related to the industry itself and are not limited to Hayes. Consulting is a difficult job since employment security is tied to sales and not to performance.

"Working at Hayes"

Pros

Hayes Management Consulting had an excellent corporate culture, and transparent upper management. Quarterly meetings were well run and informative for all staff. Corporate retreats were taken seriously and had purpose. Overall, a great experience and place to work.

Cons

The main con from my perspective was the unpredictable work if you are not on a long-term project.
    There was a bench-time policy instituted during my tenure there.

"Review"

Pros

Was a good learning experience overall. Had a lot of time to learn the material I worked with and was met with constructive criticism to help

Cons

Lack of internal motivation for advancement. Opportunities seemed to lack in some areas, but overall nothing negative

Advice to Management

Focus on bottom tier roles more often and give employees a chance to work their way up to the top