KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Hayneedle

Is this your company?

Hayneedle

Add a Review

Hayneedle Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 17 of over 204 reviews

3.2
Hayneedle President  Scott Doughman (no image)
Scott Doughman
Pros
  • "Good work/life balance policies(in 17 reviews)

• "Fun work environment, relaxed dress code, great prizes for employees(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Toxic Culture, Low Pay, No Career Growth(in 6 reviews)

• "No 401K match, becoming more "corporate" than it used to be, lower than average salaries(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Fantastic Place to Work!

Dec 27, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open Management to employee communication, lots of room to grow with in company, relaxed work environment, great employees

Cons

Got bought by Walmart, small work space

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It was ok

Jan 14, 2021 - Network Administration in Lincoln, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people bad work environment

Cons

I just was so tiered

3. 4.0

Work from home

Sep 4, 2020 - Retail Specialist in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work environment, relaxed dress code, great prizes for employees

Cons

Work load is a little heavy with customers

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible upper managment

Jul 10, 2019 - QA Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work environment. Able to work from home.

Cons

Owned by Walmart. They don’t care about their employees.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Absolutely fantastic place to work.

Aug 7, 2012 -  in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

As many have already mentioned, the work environment is great. Everyone here is so nice and willing to help out and it's inspiring how passionate every one is about what they are doing. It doesn't have the "keep quiet and keep to yourself" attitude as a lot office jobs do. It's a very fast-moving, proactive company so I never dread going to work in the morning. There are many cross-functional projects so you aren't isolated to your department. You get to see and work with many different areas of the company which keeps work interesting, fun, and rewarding. The executive team is especially fabulous. Even as the company grows, you are way more than just a number at Hayneedle. So much hard work goes on here, and it's a wonderful feeling knowing you're a part of it.

Cons

No down sides at all, as long as you enjoy the work and are passionate about it!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company - Avg Pay

May 31, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Casual work environment, collaborative minds, and a positive buzz around the office. Summer Hours are a plus for corporate employees.

Cons

The only cons are the headaches that come with an acquisition. This will iron out as the company progresses and I am confident that it will succeed. The only bad part about the company is the pay. I have worked with the company for almost 3 years and they are notorious for increasing your workload without increasing your pay. They will word a "promotion" as positive, but in all reality it is just a transition into a new title (same responsibility) with a bump in pay that is now the "base salary" for all new incoming employees in that position.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

It's "THE" company to work for!

Nov 30, 2011 -  in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a company that cares about the employees development and job satisfaction. Your hard work and dedication pays off through recognition, bonus, salary increases, and promotions. Positive and energetic work environment. Work/life balance that offers employees to have flexibility with their schedules at home. Fast growing company that provides employees the opportunity to grow and impliment their ideas. Open door policy that gives employees the opportunity to voice ideas and concerns. Empowers employees to be innovative and dynamic. Has focus groups, lunch & learns, frequent employee activities, and employee/family events. But most importantly it's the best kept secret. I can't wait until we expload with success! I am super proad to tell anyone I work for "THE" company and it's in Omaha, Nebraska!

Cons

If you don't have a voice then it's not a good fit.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love my job at Hayneedle

Aug 2, 2012 - Marketing Manager in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Casual work environment, strong executive leadership, intelligent, hard-working co-workers. Hayneedle really is a great place to work. People here have a passion for what they do and work hard. At the same time, there is a strong emphasis on maintaining a good work/life balance and company culture allows for the flexibility to make your life outside of work a priority. Leadership is strong here as well, and they place a high value on open communication. Hayneedle is also a growing internet business which moves extremely fast, so if you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you'll likely be a good fit.

Cons

I don't have many negatives on my list about Hayneedle. As with any job, salary and benefits could be better. Also, if you can't or don't want to function in a fast-paced work environment, Hayneedle is probably not the place for you.

9. 4.0

Breath of Fresh Air

May 17, 2012 -  in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the atmosphere in the work environment at Hayneedle. Our company is made up of a lot of innovative, smart, unique individuals. Because of the atmosphere - I feel that I can grow professionally because of my colleagues knowledge, experiences and open-ness to my ideas and my individual work ethic.

Cons

Something Hayneedle could improve upon is making processes in cross-functional projects more streamlined. There are times when communication could be better, but overall I think this could always be something to work towards.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with solid growth

Jul 17, 2017 - Recruiter in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hayneedle is a stable, yet growing company. They pride themselves on having a casual / non-corporate culture and providing a transparent work environment. Shorts and flip-flops are the norm during the summer and the executives hold town hall meetings monthly to allow for questions. Management has been engaged with broadening employee's skills and career pathing. Those who stick around and put in the work are rewarded. It will be exciting to see how Hayneedle scales and collaborates with our sister companies / growing e-commerce family.

Cons

We'll be switching to Walmart's benefits next year, nice to find out if there are advantages.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews