Hayneedle "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Hayneedle Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Found 159 reviews

Scott Doughman
Pros
  • "Fun culture, great coworkers, Good work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• "The people at Hayneedle were great and it provided an exceptional work environment(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "No opportunity for advancement from call center to corporate office(in 8 reviews)

• "No 401K match, becoming more "corporate" than it used to be, lower than average salaries(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fun place to work, Lots of changes going on to switch over to Walmart"

I have been working at Hayneedle full-time

Pros

Fun culture, great coworkers, Good work/life balance

Cons

Poor management, Switching to walmart has been messy and stressful with layoffs

Hayneedle2019-02-05

"Marketing"

I worked at Hayneedle full-time

Pros

Loved the atmosphere during my first year and a half. Great people to work with and originally had tons of opportunity. Initially had a great work life balance and was rewarding.

Cons

I left that place with PTSD from all the late nights and stress. I now hate and fear my career. They literally will find any way to break your spirit by false milestones. Zero appreciation for your craft. Overall worst job and environment I've been in.

Advice to Management

It's not the lower level management's fault. I had three great managers who all left or lost their power to do their job. With zero backing from higher ups we were left grinding our teeth. There is zero compassion from Walmart. A hands off approach is needed with limitations on changes to the production process. Clarity is needed and the ship is sinking. Valuable team members are leaving who have 10+ yrs of knowledge...

Hayneedle2018-10-31
  3. "Good company"

I worked at Hayneedle full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Collaborative environment, smart people, good work/life balance

Cons

Management sometimes out of touch

Advice to Management

Get to know your front line employees

Hayneedle2018-03-20

"Love Coming to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Hayneedle full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

I've worked at Hayneedle for about 8 years. I've held numerous positions within the company & have enjoyed every second of it. They make it a priority to train you & give you the skills you need to succeed & thrive in any area of the company if you have the interest. They care deeply about their employees & want to see them work their way up within the company. Our culture is open, honest & welcoming. Hayneedle values...

Cons

There is no parental leave policy, and last I was told by HR, there was no plan to put one in place. (This may change now being owned by Walmart.) For young employees who want to have families, this is a big negative. The pay is a little on the low side.

Advice to Management

Implement a parental leave policy & tuition reimbursement. Keep valuing your employees & your culture.

Hayneedle2017-05-23

"Slow advancement"

I have been working at Hayneedle full-time

Pros

Relaxed environment Good work/life balance Summer hours Recently purchased by Jet.com, a soon to be much larger player in online merchandising

Cons

Takes a long to advance and with that comes a relatively small pay increases They'll often hire less qualified outside employees instead of hiring from within You'll have to constantly make it known that you want to learn more and advance or you'll never be tasked with anything that will further you're advancement/career

Advice to Management

Hire within Make sure employees that would like to advance are tasked with opportunities to learn something new that will help them take the next step

Hayneedle2016-03-05
  6. "I have never enjoyed going to work more...."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Hayneedle full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great atmosphere, no dress code and the ability to make a difference in the business. Great work/life balance and very laid back. Lots of autonomy as well.

Cons

Benefits are a little pricey but I think that is a growing trend among employers

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees because we have some great ideas

Hayneedle2015-10-14

"I never dread going to work"

I have been working at Hayneedle full-time

Pros

The people are what make this place great. Creative, smart, driven individuals with a lot of passion for what they do. Competitive salary. Casual, relaxed environment. Great work life balance and flexible hours (within reason). Employee discounts.

Cons

You have to be pretty aggressive to get noticed here when it comes to promotions or recognitions. There are a lot of really hard working individuals who don't get the kudos they deserve because they're not the loudest in the room, so to speak.

Hayneedle2015-04-09

"Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Hayneedle full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

In the corporate HQ, there is a large bunch of talented individuals. My supervisor treated me very well and I felt like I was fairly compensated. Great flexibility and amazing work-life balance.

Cons

In times of lower than expected sales, the sour mood affects everyone. Raises are small and bonuses gone when the company doesn't meet specific targets. Budgets are cut as well, making it harder to progress. Great flexibility, but light on PTO.

Advice to Management

Continue creating a positive environment, learn how to enhance morale during downturns or increase sales.

Hayneedle2014-12-29

"Just ok"

Former Employee - Buyer in Omaha, NE

I worked at Hayneedle full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good culture, great people, good work/life balance

Cons

Lay offs, unclear direction, not keeping up with competition, low pay, expensive health insurance

Hayneedle2014-11-13
  10. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Hayneedle full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance and promotes personal growth

Cons

Salaries and benefits leave little incentive to stay for a long period of time.

Hayneedle2014-06-16