Haynes International Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Haynes International full-time

Pros

The pay and benefits are good, The work and hours are good, I have had excellent opportunity for growth within my position, and had good opportunity for growth up to my current position.

Cons

There are some working relationships that can be frustrating because there are individuals within the organization that are not always interested in doing what is in best interest of the company.

Advice to Management

Respect every employee regardless of their position we all have an important role within the company. The majority of the people here want to do a good job but they do often feel beat down.

2. "Horrible Place to Work"

Pros

8 to 5
    Insurance Benefits offered

Cons

No professionalism amongst management
    No preservation of manpower for the future
    Low Salary
    Lack of Common Sense in regards to menial issues
    No incentive for self progression
    No line between Salary and Union

Advice to Management

Modernize management. Do away with the 30 plus year saturation of employees who move no faster than slugs. Haynes has had no problem cutting the livelihoods of its employees in the past. Plant wide, the preservation of future talent is being lost every day. Technical training is not occurring within the departments, nor do supervisors and managers train their subordinates as replacements. The lack of professionalism amongst salaried employees would be frowned upon by any other company. DSO looks like a waste management plant inside and out. Housekeeping is a joke across the board, to include upper echelon management. I honestly am ashamed to work for this company, but am to prideful of what Haynes achieves, to walk out.

3. "Friends of upper management gets the better shifts and hours"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Haynes International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty much free to do what you want. Vacation time is great. OT paid for weekend work.

Cons

If ur not related or go to church with upper management then expect to work the off shifts

Advice to Management

Be fair

4. "Provided good income, but very frustrating to work for."

Current Employee - Machine Repairman in Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Machine Repairman in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Haynes International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The wages are pretty good and there are opportunities for overtime on regular basis. The benefits are decent for todays standards. Work schedule is standard 8 hour shifts Monday through Friday with the exception of overtime.

Cons

The management has created a very poor relationship with the workforce. Management does not want to get along with the workforce at all and has the stance that ruling with an "iron fist" will get the work out the door. General attitude of the workforce is very poor and unproductive.

Advice to Management

Get along with the people on the floor and listen to what they have to say. WORK TOGETHER!

5. "Pay scale is decent but salary employee respect is lacking."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Kokomo, IN

Pros

decent pay scale
    decent benefits
    interesting processes

Cons

dealing with the union employees
    poor working conditions
    very old and outdated technology
    lack or respect for salary employees from management

6. "I loved working there, great"

Current Employee - Safety
    Current Employee - Safety

Pros

We have great people working at Premera; We focus on staying on top of the industry as it changes and being proactive vs reactive; We focus on being a Green company; We provide good benefits; There is generally a good work life balance, compared to working at for profit companies, or publicly traded companies

Cons

Wages are slightly below market, but the overall workweek is smaller than at a publicly traded company which makes the equation work out. There is a lot of company pride for past accomplishments (coming out of a near bankruptcy) that stalls the ability to speak honestly and openly about current problems at the department, division or even the company level.