Hays Reviews in Nottingham, England | Glassdoor

Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours can be a struggle but the rewards are great (in 325 reviews)

• Maintaining good work-life balance can be a bit challenging at times (in 88 reviews)

1. "Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I get to work with the most talented people in the industry! A true meritocracy where hard work is rewarded! Brilliant culture!

Cons

Long hours - but if you can cope with that and have the ambition to run your desk like your own mini business, it wont be a problem as you get out what you put in

Mar 27, 2017 – Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you for your 5* review from the Midlands region - we appreciate you taking the time to share it.

2. "HAYS - Review"

Current Employee - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
    - Excellent benefits
    - Supportive colleagues and management
    - Great career for competitive money motivated people
    - good commission structure

Overall - great place to work.

Cons

- None - best company I have ever worked for!

Oct 18, 2016 – Head of Internal Recruitment

Best company you've ever worked for?! HOW GOOD IS THAT! Thanks for sharing your review with us. I am over the moon to hear you're loving it.

3. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Recruitment Recourcer in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Recourcer in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic team, made me feel like part of the team already through from Training to the working at my desk. The recruitment process I went through with David Withycombe was smooth and made even the start of my journey enjoyable.

Cons

I don't think I've been here long enough to comment on any Cons. I can't see any cropping up anytime soon

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, I have been given room to grow into my desk enough that I feel confident but always there to support and train me when I've needed it.

Oct 10, 2016 – Head of Internal Recruitment

"Amazing"! How great it is to hear you refer to your time at Hays that way. I have no doubt the management team in the Midlands will be delighted with the feedback so thank you for taking the time to... More

4. "I love it here! Very happy employee."

Current Employee - Trades and Labour Recruitment Resourcer in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Welcoming Midlands office and team! Everyone has been so friendly so far and have been happy to help whilst I'm learning everything. Lovely management and the HR guys have been lovely and efficient. Working hours suit me to be able to maintain a good work life balance. The training in place is very thorough and I'm excited to work here and see where my career at Hays takes me!

Cons

Basic salary isn't amazing but the bonus scheme more than makes up for it!

Advice to Management

Nothing specific to comment on to date. The management have all been very supportive.

Oct 5, 2016 – Head of Internal Recruitment

I've really enjoyed reading your review - it's so upbeat and positive! Thank you very much.

5. "Great development and progression, pay is not rewarding enough"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great training and development, I have been progressed to managerial level in my first year.

Cons

The pay bracket's for a manager of a team of 5 is £24k which is far too low, therefore explains retention of staff

Advice to Management

increase salary for the staff, and you will retain the staff better. The market is competitive and a basic salary is important

6. "Local Management needs review"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Nottingham, England (UK)

Pros

Hays really value their people, they invest time and money to ensure people are motivated and engaged

Cons

The wrong people are quite frequently promoted in to management positions with lack of training and support, which can impact direct reports in a negative way

Advice to Management

Ensure the right people are being promoted in to management positions to keep the right moral in the office, it shouldn't just be about who can hit targets - it takes a lot to be a good leader of people

Oct 4, 2016 – Head of Internal Recruitment

Appreciate your comments and I have passed your review to the Midland Director team.

7. "Hays Review"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vibrant environment, exciting team, fast paced environment, lots to learn

Cons

A lot to take in at the start

Advice to Management

N/A

Aug 30, 2016 – Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you for your 5 star review Nottingham.

8. "2 Month Review"

I have been working at Hays full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent support and training from management! Really look to push you and reach your potential, providing necessary support to achieve this.

Cons

Can sometimes be long working hours, although you want to put in the hours to gain the most from your desk. You get what you put in.

9. "A Recruitment Agency like no other"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A clear and defined career plan where you are continually pushed and supported to improve and develop yourself. There is also a very strong sales culture, with a work hard play hard attitude, which almost all staff will get involved with.

Cons

A very rigid corporate structure which sometimes feels that you are unable to deviate from the set path so lacks much flexibility.

Advice to Management

A good support network is provided and you are always pushed to achieve your absolute best. Keep up the good work and keep the open door policy well and truly open!

10. "Great career path and investment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great career path and the company really invests in training and support to get you to the top - a true meritocracy! I work with a brilliant and talented group of consultants and you absolutely get to run your desk like its your own mini business - those consultants that grasp that concept are the most successful.

Cons

You do work long hours - but that's the industry - you get out what you put in!

Advice to Management

Keep investing in future leaders

Showing 13 of 1,531 reviews