Hays Reviews | Glassdoor

Alistair R. Cox
1,085 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Long Hours but is industry standard" (in 387 reviews)

• "Work life balance , but thats more the industry you have to work hard but get rewarded for it" (in 111 reviews)

1. "IT Recruiter"

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Miami, FL

I have been working at Hays full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since my start in September 2018, I have been impressed with Hays' on-boarding process. Considering this is a new industry for me, I have been able to receive ample amount of hands on training and coaching. With most jobs in career, I always reserve any conclusions until 90 days. That means challenging myself to stay open minded and ask a lot of questions. So far, I have concluded that this role fits all of my professional requirements. It challenges me daily, I have continuous support from my leaders and team, and I'm able to see the fruit of my labor. Coming from the Non-profit sector, you tend to rely on the intangibles to hold you over, but after experiencing quick success, with 3 placements in 3 months; which results in supporting 3 different families with new opportunities. I couldn't imagine a better balance.

Cons

Although the job will require a lot of sitting, I am able to shift my energy and focus towards the task at hand; finding qualified candidates. Be prepared to work hard to over come natural adversity in this job. That means excepting rejection, challenging your game plan and being patient. TTP (Trust the Process)

2. "Perfect working envirnment"

I have been working at Hays full-time

Pros

Free lunch and snack, drink

Cons

Free dinner so gotta stay late

Jan 14, 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback, gotta make it happen! :)

3. "Could be better..."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hays full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good commissions for how hard you work

Cons

not the best health benefits... awful leadership that should of been gone forever ago... CEO is not engaged of US side of things

Advice to Management

Listen to your people - grow your people

Jan 14, 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your candid feedback.

4. "Hays"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office Culture
    Commission Structure
    Access to management
    Room for growth within company
    Competitive benefits

Cons

No cons to report at this time

Jan 2, 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your 5 star review. Glad you're here at Hays!

5. "Great opportunity to grow professionally and personally"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hays full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Variety of tasks in the day-to-day, from interviewing to business development, to account management, to networking...
    - Lots of opportunity for personal development, whether through international or internal mobility
    - Great work environment (frequently awarded the "Great Place to Work" award in several businesses across the world) and corporate culture
    - Really good work-life balance for this industry

Cons

Though we have good internal training, the job can be overwhelming for newcomers.

Jan 2, 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. Your candor is truly appreciated. Agreed, it can be overwhelming in the beginning, but the long term gains are worth it!

"Life Changing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hays (More than a year)

Pros

There is so much to be said about Hays as an organization and what it means to work not for them but with them. Almost a year ago i found myself here on Glassdoor reading review after review in hopes it would provide me enough feedback for me to feel comfortable making a decision to accept an offer or not. People can have different experiences and i came across reviews both good and bad. However, after reviewing quite a few of the reviews i had enough information to be comfortable accepting and i look back and i am more than happy that i did. Since starting with Hays i have had the opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented professionals i have ever worked with and they have mentored me and provided me with some of the best development and training EVER! The company culture is the epitome of work hard/ play hard and we truly do both. I have never had more fun with an organization in my life. It is a rare opportunity to find a company in the sales/recruiting industry that doesn't just advertise work hard/play hard but actually lives it. With the training i have received paired with my hunger/urgency to be successful i have come to distinguish myself as a viable part of the company. In under a year my success with Hays has afforded me the opportunity to pay off student loans and purchase a home! This is a high performing culture and if you are hungry Hays is the place to be. At the end of the day performance is critical to your success and the companies success. If you are ready to perform and enjoy doing it Hays is the right place for you. For anyone wondering, i don't get a bonus or any incentive for my review. I merely get to brag about the company i love and my success and everyone loves to brag!

- Great Holiday/Vacation package
    - Great base pay and lucrative commissions
    - Awesome and high performing team
    - experiencing rapid expansion which allows a ton of opportunity down the road

Cons

I have yet to experience anything that i would consider a con. If/when i do i will update the thread.

Dec 3, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Wow! Thank you for your awesome review...so glad you're part of the Hays family!

7. "Business Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Hays full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hays is the leading global specialist recruitment group, and the market leader in places such as the UK, Germany and Australia. We are the experts in recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people across a wide range of specialised industries and professions. We operate across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.

Cons

In terms of cons the only thing i can think of is we do work long hours (on what is considered an average working week). However these do pass quickly as the workload we have keeps us busy.

Advice to Management

An effective manager is someone who communicates effectively in person, print, texts, and email. Listening and two-way feedback characterize interactions with others. The manager should also open to receiving feedback from colleagues and reporting staff. Avoid a defensive response and be willing to change your behavior when the feedback is on target. But, mostly, understand and act upon the power of interaction.

Dec 3, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Sharing your thoughts helps us to continue to grow and improve.

"Recruiter"

I have been working at Hays full-time

Pros

Compensation - base isn't great but amazing commission structure

Cons

Benefits could be better. Standard 401k, medical, dental, vision, etc. No commuter benefits, no tuition reimbursement, no 'fun' or 'modern' benefits that are attractive.

Nov 5, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your open candor. As we continue to grow and evolve in the US, keep an eye out for changes as we continue to enhance our benefit offerings. We rolled out... More

9. "Recruitment Consultant"

Pros

Good training provided by the firm.

Cons

Stressful role as it is sales oriented.

Oct 31, 2018 – National Internal Recruitment Coordinator

"Good place to develop"

Pros

Great work atmosphere
    Meet different range of professional
    get to know a variety of industries
    Bonus

Cons

Fixed salary
    Management
    Poor work / life balance

Oct 8, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. While we're disappointed to not achieve a 4 or 5 star ranking, it's great to hear you feel we have a number of pros to recommend us.