Hays "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Hays Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Nov 28, 2019

3.7
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,360 Ratings
Pros
  • "It is definitely a work hard play hard type of company and colleagues quickly become friends(in 140 reviews)

• "Career progression are very transparent(in 139 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Love it here!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work hard, play hard environment. Prepare to work your tail off, but the reward is great!! Awesome commission structure, lot of money to be made, great team building activities, extremely collaborative environment. Everyone on my team is willing to help if they can. Being a newbie can be daunting, but having the assistance of great managers and teammates makes the transition easy. Awesome training program!

Cons

Long hours, be prepared to put in a lot of work early. Some really long days, but they will pay off in the end.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The morale of the office and the culture speak for itself.

Hays2018-03-22
  2. "Good place to work if you are willing to put the work in"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent training, beautiful office, great team members and leaders

Cons

Long hours are required at times

"Business Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hays is the leading global specialist recruitment group, and the market leader in places such as the UK, Germany and Australia. We are the experts in recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people across a wide range of specialised industries and professions. We operate across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.

Cons

In terms of cons the only thing i can think of is we do work long hours (on what is considered an average working week). However these do pass quickly as the workload we have keeps us busy.

Advice to Management

An effective manager is someone who communicates effectively in person, print, texts, and email. Listening and two-way feedback characterize interactions with others. The manager should also open to receiving feedback from colleagues and reporting staff. Avoid a defensive response and be willing to change your behavior when the feedback is on target. But, mostly, understand and act upon the power of interaction.

Hays2018-11-26

"Great career opportunities"

Senior Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hays

Pros

Hays is a fantastic place to develop a career path and build up your experience and expertise in recruitment and specific markets that you can take with you anywhere you go. The culture and people and what makes coming to work every day a positive experience. Providing solutions to your clients and getting that candidate their dream job, is the reason after 8 years, I still love my job.

Cons

There are long hours associated with recruitment, but you get the rewards and the payoff makes up for it.

Hays2015-08-13
  5. "Hays London"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good culture, good parties, nice offices

Cons

micro management, long hours, very rigid, poor benefits, low pension

Hays2019-11-28
  6. "Market leading, professional recruitment firm, good training, systems and tools. High expectations"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Hays full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

* Industry leading training and opportunities for development. If you work hard, hit targets and want to progress you will be given the opportunity to do so * High performing culture * Professional environment, great systems and tools available * Large client base and candidate database * Decent benefits and commission structure is not as bad as many competitors would have you believe

Cons

* The more you do, the more is expected of you however this can be said for most sales environments * Some managers do micromanage staff * Long hours and limited flexible work options

Hays2019-11-26
  7. "Great"

Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at Hays full-time

Pros

Great company, good pay, Friendly

Cons

Long hours, fast paced and hard at times

Hays2019-11-19

"Training"

Current Employee - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Colchester, England

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Hays for 6 weeks now and i have by far received the best training. I had never been in Recruitment before joining hays and i was apprehensive about going into Recruitment. I have just returned from a week away Module 1 training where i learnt all the tips and tricks in the world of recruitment. I have returned to work feeling confident about my journey of success at Hays. The support and... training is unreal, you will never feel unsure of anything as your questions are always listened too and answered.

Cons

Long hours and hard work.. but worth it in the end!

9. "Hmm"

Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Hays for more than a year

Pros

Good team and office environment.

Cons

Long hours. Mundane work. Poor salary for the fact you do the same work as full time permanent staff

Hays2019-11-17
  10. "Hard work but well rewarded"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Leicester, England

I worked at Hays full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good incentives Knowledgeable colleagues Interesting work Good development opportunities

Cons

Long hours (as with all recruitment) Backwards thinking when it comes to flexible working/work-life balance initiatives Great when it is going well, but management struggles when it is not

Found 441 reviews