KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Hays

Is this your company?

Hays

Add a Review

Hays Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

3.7
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,812 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fast career progression, rewarding position, great people(in 161 reviews)

• "There are lots of incentives to work towards eg race days or office parties, very sociable and young working environment 'work hard play hard'(in 157 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Certain times of year bring long hours(in 495 reviews)

• "Not much flexibility around working hours(in 141 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hays and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love it here!

Mar 22, 2018 - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work hard, play hard environment. Prepare to work your tail off, but the reward is great!! Awesome commission structure, lot of money to be made, great team building activities, extremely collaborative environment. Everyone on my team is willing to help if they can. Being a newbie can be daunting, but having the assistance of great managers and teammates makes the transition easy. Awesome training program!

Cons

Long hours, be prepared to put in a lot of work early. Some really long days, but they will pay off in the end.

Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your insight! Great things come to those willing to work hard and go that extra mile!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work if you are willing to put the work in

Nov 4, 2019 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training, beautiful office, great team members and leaders

Cons

Long hours are required at times

Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your review. We're very proud of our training at each level of one's career - new hire training, advanced training, emerging leader training, leadership development. We invest heavily on our people to help them build skills that will make them successful inside and outside of the workplace. As with most commission environments, a career in recruitment doesn't fit into a 9-5 model. Often times the people we need to reach aren't available during the workday and require conversations after hours. But there's an awesome payoff - earning a great living and helping change people's lives!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Business Manager

Nov 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hays is the leading global specialist recruitment group, and the market leader in places such as the UK, Germany and Australia. We are the experts in recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people across a wide range of specialised industries and professions. We operate across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.

Cons

In terms of cons the only thing i can think of is we do work long hours (on what is considered an average working week). However these do pass quickly as the workload we have keeps us busy.

1 person found this review helpful

Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Sharing your thoughts helps us to continue to grow and improve.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great career opportunities

Aug 13, 2015 - Senior Manager in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hays is a fantastic place to develop a career path and build up your experience and expertise in recruitment and specific markets that you can take with you anywhere you go. The culture and people and what makes coming to work every day a positive experience. Providing solutions to your clients and getting that candidate their dream job, is the reason after 8 years, I still love my job.

Cons

There are long hours associated with recruitment, but you get the rewards and the payoff makes up for it.

2 people found this review helpful

Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you for your honest and accurate review from Orlando. We're very glad to hear you're enjoying your job after 8 years in the business. Here's to another 8.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great people and systems

Jan 19, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Experienced and knowledgeable colleagues Good name in the market (most areas) Strong emphasis on ethics and compliance Huge psychological safety - always felt supported

Cons

Salary and commission structure could be improved Processes can lack agility - feeling of being a couple of years behind the curve Formal dress code in all areas as standard Long hours

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Working for Hays Recruitment....

Jan 20, 2021 - Section Manager in Launceston
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to grow, supportive teams, good training

Cons

4 weekly pay, long hours and often demanding workloads

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear of your appreciation of the industry leading training, development opportunities and positive company culture. We encourage you to discuss your feedback with your Manager or Regional Director. Alternatively, if you would like to speak to a member of our People & Culture team, please contact Holly Riddell, our HR Advisor at Holly.Riddell@hays.com.au.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Very positive experience

Jan 11, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast career progression, rewarding position, great people.

Cons

Long hours but not much else

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

If you put your all into the task, you can achieve anything!

Sep 14, 2020 - Senior Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office Environment and colleagues Opportunities across personal development Meritocracy

Cons

Long working hours can be a challenge, if you are not used to them

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company if you are a hardworker

Dec 4, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Colchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career progression, positive and fun atmosphere, rewards and recognition for good work, support from management, business is growing a great reputation

Cons

Long hours. Lots of hard work needed to get success. High KPI's and targets

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work as a junior rec con

Nov 18, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Driven yet fun workplace. Given good direction from managers... rewards and bonuses to work towards. Given freedom to build own network of candidates and clients. Conduct interviews and meetings alone. Very good for confidence and own personal growth.

Cons

Long hours 08:30-18:00. Not very flexible on home working.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 495 Reviews