Hays plc Reviews in Basingstoke, England | Glassdoor

Hays plc CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours can be a struggle but the rewards are great (in 324 reviews)

• Maintaining good work-life balance can be a bit challenging at times (in 88 reviews)

"A Long Term Career"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for a great company like Hays gives you unlimited career development, learning opportunities and earning potential. You'll get world glass training from your first day and throughout your long term career, which can provide you with the opportunity to work anywhere in the world!

Cons

You're responsible for how successful you are and you've got to be committed, hard working and more importantly consistent with the effort you put in. Recruitment has a reputation for long hours and hard work, which can be true but if you listen, learn from the experience around you and work smart you can be very successful personally and financially.

Advice to Management

System issues locally can be a real problem over the last 12 months we've had numerous problems with slowness, network/ server issues which can take a lot of time out of the working day - especially when you have deadlines for tenders, CVs submissions, Interviews etc.

May 31, 2017 – Head of Internal Recruitment

I appreciate your advice to management and yes, we have had server issues of late and that can be very frustrating when you're trying to do your job. Rest assured that this has now been resolved and... More

2. "Hays PLC"

Current Employee - Director in Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Director in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent training with ongoing development and promotion opportunities. Uncapped earning potential thats purely based around your ability to succeed. Good incentives and improving employee benefits. Great opportunities to work overseas if of interest. So many of my colleagues (including me) have gone to work overseas with Hays and get fantastic life experiences!

Cons

Recruitment Consultant role is not for everyone. Very target driven and real confidence needed to pick up the phone and engage with customers. Client meetings also a crucial part. Some people will struggle if they come in and think its and HR job - Its not!

Advice to Management

There are some excellent managers in Hays. The Managers are an integral part of developing your career and ensure that you are the best you can be.

Oct 12, 2016 – Head of Internal Recruitment

Appreciate your comments from Basingstoke.

3. "Associate Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc (Less than a year)

Pros

Really Supportive team, great work environment and culture, excellent training programme.
    I have only been here 2 weeks - and have been to 3 training sessions already! Best company I have worked for.

Cons

Sometimes it can be tiring - but its definitely worth it!!

Jul 5, 2016 – Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you for your review from Basingstoke. We're very happy to hear you're enjoying your journey with Hays and are utilising our industry leading training. Yes it can be tiring but as you say, it is... More

4. "Great place to work - I would recommend Hays"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hays is a great place to work if you want a career. When you start, your career path is mapped out for you and each time you reach the next step, you are immediately told what you need to do to get that next promotion. You manage your own desk so you are very much in control of your own success but you always have support to help you as much or as little as you need it.

Cons

It is a sales job so you do have to hit KPIs and fee targets, which can be stressful. As much as you are in charge of your own success, sometimes the market can affect how well / badly you do each month. If you do not like sales then this isn't the job for you.

Advice to Management

I have had great support and I have always had enough support but also enough freedom to do what I like so I do not have any advice.

5. "Quality Company to work for"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are tenacious career and money minded they meet all the criteria.

Cons

There is not a downside except of course my product I am selling is people so the highs are high and the lows low.

Jul 6, 2015 – Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback.

Showing 5 of 1,495 reviews