Hays plc Reviews in Guildford, England | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hays plc CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours can be a struggle but the rewards are great (in 318 reviews)

• Maintaining good work-life balance can be a bit challenging at times (in 80 reviews)

1. "Hays plc"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Guildford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Guildford, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunity to progress in your role and move up the career ladder
    Excellent access to industry leading training
    Excellent opportunity to gain cross-specialism experience
    Excellent opportunity to shape your own career path
    Excellent opportunity to learn how to operationally run your own 'business' and gain the skills required to to this, rather than just be a job filler.
    Fantastic recognition system with everybody working in a meritocracy.

Cons

There is opportunity to gain flexible working hours that suit your personal needs and set these as fixed working patterns (in special circumstances, i.e. for child care reasons, etc). Salary is then pro-rata'd accordingly to suit.

However there is no opportunity to take the odd hour (finish early, start late by way of 'time-in-lieu'. Our culture is that of driven individuals who will put in extra hours to meet their own goals and objectives who would not routinely look to take any time-in-lieu and working overtime is not an expectation put upon them, however the option of being able to taking a little time in lieu could be beneficial for those times were you particularly need it.

Advice to Management

Focus on creating a culture of 'understanding' as to why we have kpi based objectives to hit. I sometimes see people who seek to hit numbers for the sakes of hitting their kpi numbers, rather than understanding the correlation between the inputs that then creates their wanted outputs that will help them achieve their personal goals and the goals of the business.

2. "Outstanding organisation"

Current Employee - Senior Business Manager in Guildford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Business Manager in Guildford, England (UK)

Pros

Expert, Entrepreneurial, Exciting culture & honest. Solid career plans in place and management work with employees of all levels to ensure the highest levels are serviced within the industry.

Cons

not applicable during my time within the business

3. "A dysfunctional employer providing no career progression"

Former Employee - Management Accountant in Guildford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Management Accountant in Guildford, England (UK)

I worked at Hays plc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for work life balance - as long as you arrive on time you can leave on time. There are no real expectations of anyone to think outside the box (this is also a con). Great place to work if you are just looking for a pay check while you study part time.

Cons

There is no career progression available. There is no professional development nor mentoring of any kind.

Advice to Management

There is a distinct need for people leaders and a complete overhaul of processes. Investment in people would go a long way to helping the faulting systems.

Hays plc Response

Dec 7, 2015 – Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you for your review. After reading your comments, I need to clarify a few things - We operate in Guildford but do not have any management accounting roles onsite at Hays and unfortunately we do ... More

5. "Positive culture, industry leading training and plenty of opportunities to develop."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Guildford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Guildford, England (UK)

Pros

Training, development, progression, uncapped commission, ownership of your business

Cons

Basic salary, long hours as you would expect in recruitment

6. "An amazing time with amazing people - loved my job!"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Guildford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Guildford, England (UK)

I worked at Hays plc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked with really great people over a number of years with Hays and made some fabulous friends.

Cons

Shame it all had to end ! :(

Advice to Management

Keep up the fabulous work promoting HAYS plc :)

Showing 5 of 1,414 reviews