Hays plc Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hays plc CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours can be a struggle but the rewards are great (in 300 reviews)

• Maintaining good work-life balance can be a bit challenging at times (in 72 reviews)

1. "Hays is a dynamic company with a huge success story and continuous growth and development."

Current Employee - Regional Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

Hays is a very focused company where personal growth as well as successes are rewarded.

Cons

There aren't any really Hays is a good company to work for.

Advice to Management

It was good to hear from the new CEO at a recent meeting of all the changes that are taking place.

2. "Not for plodders, fantastic for the ambitious"

Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, strong ethical values, high rewards for success, consultancy environment gives a variety of opportunities to learn and develop

Cons

Lack of strong central support functions sometimes lets the business down, braver investment would sometimes be of benefit.

Advice to Management

Keep focussing on the right balance between centralisation and delegation, and between systems and people

3. "Enjoyable, fantastic training and development!"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exceeded my expectations working at Hays, the support you receive from management and colleagues is overwhelming and really makes you motivated to achieve more. The work environment is fun and young, and there are loads of social activities. As long as you work hard and achieve your results, there are clear steps to achieving career progression. I have learnt a great deal about myself, recruitment, and the market I am recruiting for and look forward to the future!

Cons

Hours are rather long but the demand of the business does require such input from the employee. The rewards make up for it.

5. "I have been working at Hays for over a year and have had an amazing time, brilliant culture with great career prospects"

Current Employee - National Internal Recruitment Coordinator in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture within Hays with an evident work hard play hard culture.
    There is a clear career progression structure and Hays is a very meritocratic company that awards based on performance

Cons

The challenges at Hays are that the KPI's and targets set can be quite demanding however they are there to push you and ultimately help you succeed.

6. "Challenging and rewarding"

Current Intern - /Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Intern - /Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Hays put a lot of focus into their training. I feel like a lot of time and effort is being invested in me and my future to help me in my job here at Hays as well as my future career. The company values and rewards hard work which shows in the work hard, play hard culture at Hays.

Cons

The nature of the job means that you have to be very resilient. Working with people results in unexpected events occurring which can make you feel like you have wasted a lot of your time on a specific candidate or client and nothing comes of it.

Advice to Management

Management could help with further integration i.e. within specialisms, working closer with colleagues to understand their work, this could be achieved though brief weekly meetings. Prizes for hitting KPIs will increase work and ensure One Touch is kept updated.

7. "Great opportunities for entrepreneurial minded people who are comfortable in a people driven environment."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The progression opportunities are amazing and you have a good chance to make a name for yourself.

Cons

I don't have any as of yet.

Advice to Management

NA

8. "Offer lots of opportunities to pro-active employees"

Current Employee - Account Resourcer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Resourcer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The variety of roles are fantastic. Always opportunities for internal moves.

Cons

Old processes, and senior people who fight change

Advice to Management

Listen to mid-level people who do the job daily

"Excellent place to work of you're career driven and ambitious"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent opportunities to progress your career, 'build a business', earn lots of money AND attend lots of fun incentives. You can double you're salary in a year plus and keep going, you're in control of what you earn. Its also really good to work for a leading recruitment company recognised within the market and you're seen as a specialist in what you recruit for.

Cons

very long hours and the role can be stressful and quite up and down. One day it feels like the best day of your life and the next is pretty bad. The main thing is if you're ambitious, confident and a people person who is motivated by money and success they're a fantastic company to work for.

Advice to Management

Perhaps make the basic for the associate programme and the consultants a bit higher.

10. "An amazing journey!"

Current Employee - Travel Administrative in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Travel Administrative in London, England (UK)

Pros

Very friendly, good career opportunities and lots of support

Cons

No cons really. Longer than normal hours but I enjoy being busy.

Advice to Management

None. Very good management structure. Keep doing it :)

"A place where your full potential can be reached"

Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great team ethic and the company brand is improving every single day. The overall length of service from within my teams shows the longevity and success that can be reached if you have the desire and drive to succeed. Its a sales business and like all businesses you need to make money overall so this isnt a place to just come in and 'relax'. if you dont want to be successful in sales then my advice is dont go into recruitment. Any sales job in the world will have a fee target attached to it.

Cons

Basic salaries need to be better and inline with the market.
    Comms schemes need to be made more appropriate to particular desks.
    Top 'sales' consultants need to be rewarded better. Losing these consultants to the competition is just criminal.

Advice to Management

Sales people are driven by making money, increase the SR level higher but make the size of commission levels far more attractive. Set a 10k SR and then a flat 20% from 10-20k, 25% 20-30k and on everything above 30k make it 30%. That would drive most consultants that i know in the business.

Showing 260 of 1,337 reviews