KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Hays

Is this your company?

Hays

Add a Review

Hays Employee Reviews about "work hard play"

Updated Jan 19, 2021

Found 155 of over 4,396 reviews

3.7
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,965 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fast career progression, rewarding position, great people(in 161 reviews)

• "There are lots of incentives to work towards eg race days or office parties, very sociable and young working environment 'work hard play hard'(in 157 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Certain times of year bring long hours(in 495 reviews)

• "Not much flexibility around working hours(in 141 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hays and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work hard play"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Life Changing Opportunity

Nov 30, 2018 - Recruitment Consultant in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is so much to be said about Hays as an organization and what it means to work not for them but with them. Almost a year ago i found myself here on Glassdoor reading review after review in hopes it would provide me enough feedback for me to feel comfortable making a decision to accept an offer or not. People can have different experiences and i came across reviews both good and bad. However, after reviewing quite a few of the reviews i had enough information to be comfortable accepting and i look back and i am more than happy that i did. Since starting with Hays i have had the opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented professionals i have ever worked with and they have mentored me and provided me with some of the best development and training EVER! The company culture is the epitome of work hard/ play hard and we truly do both. I have never had more fun with an organization in my life. It is a rare opportunity to find a company in the sales/recruiting industry that doesn't just advertise work hard/play hard but actually lives it. With the training i have received paired with my hunger/urgency to be successful i have come to distinguish myself as a viable part of the company. In under a year my success with Hays has afforded me the opportunity to pay off student loans and purchase a home! This is a high performing culture and if you are hungry Hays is the place to be. At the end of the day performance is critical to your success and the companies success. If you are ready to perform and enjoy doing it Hays is the right place for you. For anyone wondering, i don't get a bonus or any incentive for my review. I merely get to brag about the company i love and my success and everyone loves to brag! - Great Holiday/Vacation package - Great base pay and lucrative commissions - Awesome and high performing team - experiencing rapid expansion which allows a ton of opportunity down the road

Cons

I have yet to experience anything that i would consider a con. If/when i do i will update the thread.

5 people found this review helpful

Director, Talent Acquisition

Wow! Thank you for your awesome review...so glad you're part of the Hays family!

2. 5.0

"Recruitment Consultant"

Feb 12, 2018 - Corporate Recruiter in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hays offers a highly energetic and competitive work environment. I have worked with Hays in two countries to date and the people are what make it stand out. Most have been with the company from the start of their careers and worked their way into management. They lead by example and for a sales environment it's extremely collaborative. The greatest benefit is definitely the earning potential with the uncapped commission structure. You are truly rewarded for your hard work and always have room to grow. Additionally you are surrounded by people who are mature and hardworking and are constantly breaking their own belief barriers by setting new records.

Cons

This is a sales environment where what you put into it is what you'll get out of it so it's not for everyone.

Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. Very interesting, intercontinental, perspective!

3. 5.0

FAMILY FIRST Environment-Denver/Veredus

Feb 25, 2017 - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Great training program; excellent support and structure(from Corporate & entire office) * Challenging and supportive culture with the ability to lead and grow * Excellent management and "team-oriented culture" * We all have a voice and the ability to shape the office culture through leading different initiatives * Constant positive feedback and contests rewarding hard work and effort * "Family first" environment; flexible and accomodating * If you work hard, you will be rewarded, make good money, earn trips and extra bonuses

Cons

* Benefits/healthcare-expensive and the deductibles are high

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Love it here!

Mar 22, 2018 - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work hard, play hard environment. Prepare to work your tail off, but the reward is great!! Awesome commission structure, lot of money to be made, great team building activities, extremely collaborative environment. Everyone on my team is willing to help if they can. Being a newbie can be daunting, but having the assistance of great managers and teammates makes the transition easy. Awesome training program!

Cons

Long hours, be prepared to put in a lot of work early. Some really long days, but they will pay off in the end.

Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your insight! Great things come to those willing to work hard and go that extra mile!

5. 5.0

Incredible company and office

Feb 27, 2017 - IT Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Veredus is an incredible company to be a part of. The leadership team goes above and beyond to make sure that all employees have the resources necessary to be as successful as possible. The culture and environment is great, and the synergy among employees reflects that. The Denver office is one of the funnest "pit cultures" I have been a part of. Kyle leads the team with a vigorous work hard, play hard energy that is extremely contagious. I believe there are some really great things in store for the future of this office.

Cons

No cons to disclose for the office...

6. 5.0

Senior Recruitment Consultant

Mar 5, 2018 - Senior Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Flexible time off once you hit a certain level (this came about from yearly surveys done throughout the company and the company taking these into consideration) *Great leadership team that care about you as an individual *Endless career advancement opportunities throughout US and Hays Global *Great social life and work culture It's a very "work hard, play hard" environment and you get out what you put in for this job. My first year was extremely tough and I didn't think I'd make it past 6 months. However, I put the effort and time in and have done great since. Your career advancement is completely up to you. If you want to get to the top, you have to be willing to put in a lot of hours and time to get there. I have very much enjoyed my time at Hays and couldn't ask for a better leadership team, office family (and overall work family), and support from our company. I have made some of my biggest strides and best friends since joining Hays.

Cons

The hours are very long and a lot is expected, especially from those who are used to succeeding which in itself can cause a lot of pressure and undo stress. It's definitely not an environment for everyone and you have to be willing to put in the work here. *Free food and snacks are only at some offices *Would like to have more corporate perks across the board (tuition reimbursement/continuing education, fitness discounts, free food/snacks in all offices, work from home policy) *Salaries are low (but the commission is great)

1 person found this review helpful

Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your insightful thoughts.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to work for!

Mar 13, 2018 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I currently work for Hays and I have never been a part of an organization that truly wants you to succeed and also give you the tools to do so. The pay in fantastic and we have a great office atmosphere. It is definitely a work hard play hard type of company and colleagues quickly become friends.

Cons

If you aren't a hard worker than this is not the job for you. You must be willing to put in the time to reap the rewards!

2 people found this review helpful

Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. It's awesome to hear from you. Wishing you continued success with Hays!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Technical Recruiter

Jan 29, 2018 - Technical Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very ambitious sales environment that rewards you for your hard work! Uncapped commission allows you to determine your success. Training is excellent, management truly cares about setting you up for success. Would recommend Hays to individuals with a strong work ethic and eager attitude to succeed.

Cons

Your first year will require putting in extra hours to set you up for years to come, but it is worth it!

Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. Wishing you a very successful career here at Hays!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Exceptional training, development and management team

Dec 8, 2019 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Committed and hardworking managing and director team who are keen to upskill employees and keep them in the business. You can have a very successful career at Hays. Team is chatty and we have fun everyday in the office. Lots of progression on offer if you show drive and ask for it. Lots of incentives and rewards which make staff valued and rewarded for our hard work. Your success is what you make of it, if you put the hard work in you'll see results.

Cons

Expectations to be in the office for 40-50 hours per week is too much and way above industry standards. Very corporate office environment. Lack of flexibility even with "flexible working" - 1 hour either side and approved by management beforehand is not flexible and no options to work from home. Maternity pay is standard and based on base salary no matter how long you've been in the business or what level you are. When you start there is luck of the draw in whether your desk is hot, warm or cold and promotions are based on fees not effort so that impacts new recruits. Only take on entry level recruiters due to salary being too low for market rate. Salary and commission is a LOT lower compared to market rate.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Highly rewarding with lots of progression in return for hard work and ambition.

Nov 26, 2019 - Senior Manager in Ipswich, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hays is a great company to join if you want to have a long-term career in Recruitment with a global leader and you aren't afraid of some hard work! As a business, it has really progressed in recent years in the way that it develops, trains and supports it's staff. With industry leading training, but also with the support of colleagues and management, those that are new to the Recruitment sector have the best chance of being successful at Hays. Throughout your career, Hays will develop and push you further. You will have access to numerous benefits including a generous employee share scheme, flexible working, access from home, retail and restaurant discounts, discounted dental and health care schemes, black tie events, plus lots of incentives including anything from a bottle of bubbly to an all expenses paid holiday! Hays offers competitive salaries and a rewarding commission scheme. As you gain experience, you may get the opportunity to manage your own team which allows you to earn more, plus, can lead to you managing an office, a region, or even a country in the future. As a global PLC, a huge benefit is the ability to relocate with Hays abroad, or to take a sabbatical and return to a guaranteed job. This is a great option if you want to travel or explore the world.

Cons

The hours can be long and the work can be tough, but if you are willing to put in the effort and work hard, it can be hugely rewarding.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 155 Reviews