Hayward Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Clark Hale

"Hard work but great place to work"

Pros

Good co-workers, Nice and clean, lots of perks

Cons

None Yet!Looking very positive towards the future

Advice to Management

Bring in more skilled team members

"Review"

I worked at Hayward Industries full-time

Pros

The company provided good benefits as well as a large amount of time off. A bonus is offered in addition to standard pay.

Cons

The pay was below industry standard and the bonus is somewhat inconsistent. There is not a lot of mobility in the company

Advice to Management

No advice here. Keep doing what you are doing. The leadership at the company is quite good and cares about employees.

3. "Freedom and Opportunities"

Current Employee - Robotics Engineer Intern in North Kingstown, RI
    Current Employee - Robotics Engineer Intern in North Kingstown, RI

Pros

As a robotics engineering intern I had everything I needed. My boss was always supporting me and gave me a lot of free space to develop everything I wanted to do my automation project. Also, the internship was very productive and in the end of it you will have many interesting experiences. There is also a lot of space for experimentation and the environment is not stressful at all. Nice people to work with!

Cons

There aren't any major cons when you work there. It's a company with few young engineers but this tends to change. Also, knowing Delphi is quite important for some departments (not necessarily a con, but kind of obsolete).

Advice to Management

I was satisfied with management and they want to continue to grow. As an intern I didn't have to deal with management a lot though.

"This could be the job you RETIRE from!!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Clemmons, NC
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Clemmons, NC

I have been working at Hayward Industries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hayward Industries REALLY cares about their employees...providing access to free physicals/biometric testing on-site, free flu shots, gym membership reimbursement, tuition assistance, cookouts during the summer, Thanksgiving/Christmas meals, ice cream and SnoCone treats; sometimes when it's really hot, they've brought in free bottled water for the plant.

There are many opportunities for growth here, especially for employees in the plant. We have many employees who have been here 10, 20, 30 years and over! That says alot about the company! The people I work with are great and I look forward to coming into work each day! I feel blessed to be working here and I do plan on retiring from Hayward! Also, their pay is very competitive and employees are given the chance to earn bonuses throughout the year!

Cons

I am having difficulty coming up with any Cons. Really. I know everyone's perspective can differ, but my experience here so far has been a pleasure!

Advice to Management

There is always room for improvement with communication. Employees need to be comfortable approaching their managers to discuss whatever they need to.

6. "Summer Internship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clemmons, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clemmons, NC

I have been working at Hayward Industries (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff from the operators on production floor up through management. Everyone is very helpful and welcoming. Vast opportunities in varying fields. Increased experience in valuable areas for all types of engineers.

Cons

Chance of obtaining overtime is very low. This would be a pro to many but for the select few who like the option, the need sporadic

Advice to Management

Keep the company going strong

7. "Graphic Designer"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Hayward Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am able to work on a variety of projects. I have a flexible work schedule that enables me to telecommute.

Cons

Lack of communication. I am the only in-house designer and there aren't any levels of advancement with my field.

8. "Administrative"

Current Employee - Administrative in Clemmons, NC
    Current Employee - Administrative in Clemmons, NC

Pros

Great people to work with. A lot of great things changing since the new president started it. Love seeing the communication and growth opportunities formalized.

Cons

Need more staff in certain areas to support growth of engineers and sales.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

9. "Complete task in a manner without interfering with daily schedule"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Hayward Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I get to work as a as400 administrator and desktop(windows) Trouble shoot users Pc, scanners and printers issues as it relate to the network connectivity.

Cons

I was working all shifts and the sleep deprivation was hard. I would prefer the third shift.

Advice to Management

I can adjust to any management.

10. "Computer Scientest"

Former Employee - Computer Programmer in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - Computer Programmer in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at Hayward Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice employees, nice managment

Cons

Long hours.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"World-class production department"

Former Employee - Production Engineer
    Former Employee - Production Engineer

I worked at Hayward Industries full-time

Pros

Hayward has a phenomenal, world-class production department-- management in the department is rational and supportive, which isn't a given in the production world. All of the people at Hayward are super nice, they're very hospitable even towards new hires. The company has a pleasant, relaxed culture despite the constant buzzing of the factory. Everyone has the same big-picture goal-- keep that factory running!-- so it isn't a big deal to help people or ask for assistance yourself.

Cons

The company is fairly tight with their budget-- you are constantly optimizing things and not always for the better. They don't offer the most competitive salaries either. The engineering department, specifically R&D has had some management issues for a while. Production and R&D are often at odds over new products-- new designs are rarely optimized for ease of production, which causes quality headaches.

Advice to Management

R&D needs some serious restructuring, there has been a vacuum of leadership in that department for years and it is a constant stumbling block.