Headspring Reviews

Updated Jan 8, 2021

4.2
Headspring Founder and CEO Dustin Wells
Dustin Wells
Pros
  • "Core Values that play out in reality(in 14 reviews)

• "Get to work with extremely smart people and work-life balance is actively encouraged(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains are going to happen, especially at the rate we're growing(in 7 reviews)

• "Headspring has a very fast-paced environment(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

A Place You Can See Yourself for a Long Time

Oct 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Headspring cares so deeply about their values. From very intentional career planning to leadership meetings everyone can listen into to random pancake breakfasts, you see the values everyday from the biggest and smallest of actions. There's a lot of developers in this world that have god complexes. None of those types of developers are at Headspring. There's so much intelligence and expertise here, but there's just as much humility and excitement to teach. I feel like everyone here is rooting for my success and ready to help whenever they can. All the benefits are great - solid amount of PTO (on top of week of Christmas off), work from home Wednesday's (or whenever you need), flexibility work hours, catered Friday lunch... the list keeps going.

Cons

No company will ever be perfect, but Headspring is really great at fixing a problem whenever something comes up.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Wow! Thank you for sharing your experience. It really moves me when we receive real feedback that highlights the culture we’ve succeeded in creating. I love what you said about our collective “humility and excitement to teach” and that “everyone here is rooting for my success.” I feel that support myself, every day— and it feels good to know that we have each others’ backs and that we’re on this journey together. I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience. I’m sure it will resonate with others who share the same values.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a great culture

Sep 10, 2020 - Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fair pay, office is in a good location

Cons

Weird culture and if you're not in the in crowd they treat you like an outsider. They are bullies and elitist.

5 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate when former employees give us feedback that we can act on to continue making our company culture stronger and more vibrant. I agree with you that tenure isn’t necessarily a sign of a great internal culture, but I think in our case it’s a sign that we are doing something right. To make sure we have our finger on the pulse of our culture, we run several surveys each year to get feedback from our team. Additionally, we look to external organizations, like the Best Places to Work for in Texas, to help us see how we’re doing - and we’re so proud to have been recognized for eight years in a row on that list. As you might remember, “Own Your Experience” is one of our core values, which empowers each of us to contribute to creating an environment that is inclusive and supportive of everyone. I hope while you were here with us that you took advantage of our many internal channels to raise your concerns and that you helped to contribute to areas where we could improve. My goal in founding Headspring was to create a company where our team members can bring their full, authentic selves to work, learn and grow faster than they can anywhere else, and bring our core values to life in how we serve all of our stakeholders (co-workers, clients, partners and the community). I appreciate your feedback as we’re always trying to find ways to get better.

3. 5.0

Awesome Company to Work For

Oct 30, 2018 - IT Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

People will value you here. They care about helping you grow and the company is very transparent. Everyone is super nice here and it's a great uplifting environment to work in.

Cons

I don't think there's any cons- everyone cares about each other and constantly tries to improve the work place and each other.

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share this! I’m proud of what we’ve created together and I think you’ve hit on two key points that keep us thriving: 1) enabling personal growth and 2) making sure that people are valued. Those happen to be two of our Core Values, and as an employee at Headspring, you know they’re something we take very seriously: we don’t talk about values, we live them. I also love that you called out our desire to constantly improve - it’s something I’m personally committed to and I’m glad that comes through. We’re always wide open to feedback and I really appreciate you sharing your experience here.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Plenty of opportunities for growth

Oct 30, 2018 - Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are lots of opportunities to learn and grow at Headspring. There are awesome benefits, PTO and flexibility. They really want you to have a great work/life balance because people are valued. Headspring is also very transparent so you know what is going on within other departments. Overall. Headspring is the place to be.

Cons

Because Headspring is growing very fast, there are lots of things changing to prepare for that growth, so there are some "growing pains", which is expected.

CEO

I’m happy to hear that you feel the work/life balance we prioritize and transparency we cultivate are real and beneficial. These things are so important to me, personally, and I think they’re essential to sustaining the culture we’ve built as we enter a more rapid growth cycle. As you mentioned, we cannot lose sight of our Core Values as we grow and of the thing that is most important to us: our people. As we talked about in our most recent all-hands meeting, while we’re growth-minded, we will only grow to the degree that our values and culture are not compromised. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here and for reinforcing our commitment to growing the right way.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

They make an effort to promote work-life balance

Sep 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very manageable amount of work

Cons

Clients can kind of be in boring industries

CEO

Thank you for the feedback! It’s great to see that our efforts towards balancing work/life are paying off. As you know, our promise to clients is to “Make their mission our mission,” then it’s up to all of us to connect what we do everyday to the the greater purpose and the impact we are having. I hope you’re enjoying the upgrades we’ve made to the common areas around our Austin office and the new space we’re building out in Monterrey as well. We’re always working to strike a balance to maintain a comfortable-while-productive environment, where our team can do their best work and grow faster here than anywhere else.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Biz Dev Consultant

Jul 10, 2018 - Business Development Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

You'll work closely with the highly intelligent, dedicated engineering team, that truly rock at their jobs. Management wants you to succeed, and genuinely do right by the clients. Great benefits, and good PTO policy.

Cons

Suffered for several years under the leadership of an unscrupulous exec, who had no business running a company of that size, much less a technology company. As a result of his capricious business decisions and grating personal style, the sales team lacked cogent leadership or strategy for long periods of time. CEO has since taken back the reigns, and he's out.

EVP, Operations

Thanks for the feedback. We're always open to exploring new lines of business and areas of practice, especially when it helps us deliver on our mission of transforming organizations with great software. AI and machine learning are definitely a growing area in the market, and we're looking for client opportunities in that space, as well as others, that complement our core competency of custom application development. We're excited about the opportunities in front of us and where we're headed as a team - thanks for being a part of it with us!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Empowering, Transparent, Growth

Feb 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having spent a decade in the learning and development industry - I can honestly say - Headspring stands out above the rest. The values are reflected in how we show up with one another. One of those values, Open and Honest Communication, supports a genuine and transparent environment. We have weekly all team meetings, daily stand-ups and an open invitation to join Executive Meetings. There's also an infectious curiosity and genuine desire to do and be better. The investment that's been made for learning and career growth by our leadership team is refreshing. Really great team members all around.

Cons

Typical growing pains you'd expect at any organization - it's a high class problem to have.

CEO

I am so excited to see your feedback. Thank you so much for sharing. For me, everything starts with values. If we get that right, then the rest will fall into place. I love what you said about "an infectious curiosity and genuine desire to do and be better" and your feedback about our investment into learning and career growth. As you know, we are always striving to find a better way and to create an environment where you can learn and grow faster here than anywhere else. I am so pleased that you took the time to share. It really means a lot to me, and stories like this is how I measure my success as a CEO. Thank you!

8. 4.0

You will grow!

Feb 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked anywhere close to Headspring. Everyone wants to be there and everyone is as passionate and caring as myself.

Cons

Expectations are high and it is easy to catch the imposter syndrome.

CEO

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story. I am so happy to hear that Headspring ranks in the top of your work experiences! I am really glad to know that you are passionate, and that you see your peers bring that same passion and caring to work every day as well. That's one of the keys to growth and driving purpose. I will definitely take your advice and continue to listen to our team, to learn, and to make meaningful change towards making us a great place to work.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A breathe of fresh air - outstanding company

Nov 14, 2017 - Breaking Glass and Moving Fast in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership - this company has strong leadership that is willing to go the distance, leading by example. I have been thoroughly impressed with the level of transparency displayed throughout Headspring. The teammates all care...care for their work, the overall environment/culture as well as each other. Headspring is a company where you can realize your full potential, as leadership empowers the team to grow and develop. I haven't been at a more collaborative and transparent company in my entire career. The work done here is transformational across a wide body of work and use cases. I am grateful to be a Headspringer!

Cons

The only cons I can think of are that we are growing pretty quickly and could use some great engineers. We'll be fine in the interim, but we will need to add high performing talent going forward...and that is a testament to our ability to deliver world-class software to our clients.

CEO

Thank you so much for your feedback. We will continue to lead by example and to provide visibility into all areas of the business. In 2018, we are doubling down on what's working today to make it work even better. We expect a great year. I am so grateful to work with such a talented team delivering transformational results for our clients...and for each other. Thank you for being a part of Headspring and thank you for sharing your experience!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Place to Grow and Impact

Oct 30, 2017 - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Headspring is a company that lives up to it's core values (People are Valued, Honest Communication, Passion for Learning and Growth, Drive for Excellence, Own Your Experience). The leadership strives to ensure that decisions are made not just for the benefit of the company, but for each of the Headspringers it will impact. A culture of learning, growth, and professionalism ensures that each individual is given opportunities to improve in every way and excellent feedback across the board helps foster insight and reflection. There's a fountain of knowledge and experience here for anyone willing to step up to the plate.

Cons

Not so much a con, but a friendly FYI: If you prefer to hide behind corporate policy walls or isolated to a cubicle, this place isn't for you. Headspring lives and breathes its core values, and part of that requires you to be willing to step outside your comfort zone. There's help and guidance here, but you have to be willing to grow and adapt... and be honest with yourself about whether or not you're willing to do so. If you are, an incredible journey awaits.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hello and thank you for the kind words! We work so hard to make the best decisions that are aligned with our core values. I am so happy to see that you are experiencing that. Also, regarding personal growth, you nailed it! There is no hiding here and Headspring is a great place if you want to learn and grow. I totally agree that to be successful here, you have to be flexible and adapt. As you mention, you have to be "willing to step outside your comfort zone," and I believe that is when growth happens. Growth is hard, and I hope we can be a resource for anyone that is willing to put in the time and effort. Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback and to let others know what it is like to be a part of Headspring.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 64 English Reviews