Healogics "program director" Reviews | Glassdoor

Healogics Employee Reviews about "program director"

Updated Apr 20, 2019

3.2
Healogics CEO David Bassin (no image)
David Bassin
Pros
  • "Wound care as a specialty is extremely rewarding(in 20 reviews)

• "Good benefits including tuition reimbursement(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Position requires a minimum of 150 office visits a month - seems more like a sales job than Program Director(in 17 reviews)

• "If the value proposition is not properly shared with the affiliated hospital partner- contracts can be at risk(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "program director"

Return to all Reviews

I worked at Healogics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company. Growing organization which puts patients first. Opportunities for growth for those who are willing to work.

Cons

Program Directors are given a lot of responsibility.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Healogics2017-04-10

"Program Director Healogics"

Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Healogics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Caring staff Caring Providers Strong support from Regional team

Cons

Position requires a minimum of 150 office visits a month - seems more like a sales job than Program Director If company contract is terminated, the staff becomes unemployed and the company doesn’t offer any type of severance

Advice to Management

The Program Director position is critical to the success of the company- need to better compensate

Healogics2019-04-14

"Cruel Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Healogics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits; including healthcare and dental

Cons

It’s surprising that after the false claims lawsuit, the culture hasn't changed. New employees are not welcomed, and female executives are quick to judge other colleagues. They openly portray deceitful behaviors towards them along with talking poorly about wound care physicians and program directors. One team that I worked with is cannibalizing each other based on three main players, all unprofessional women.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to how your leadership team treats others. If one of your programs isn't turning out revenue after almost a year, look at who's driving the train and who the two are closest to that person. If an employee leaves abruptly, something isn't working within the organization. Bullying, bad behavior and a closed-door policy should not be allowed by leadership. Clean it up and demand a work environment that promotes success for both current and new employees.

Healogics2019-04-20
  4. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Safety Director in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Healogics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Learning a new skill. Daily interaction with patients. Get to see patients heal their chronic wounds.

Cons

Corporate doesn't have much overview of management. Clinic management isn't always productive. Program Directors are able to fly under the radar as long as they are meeting their goals - - even if it isn't through their own efforts.

Advice to Management

Just because someone is meeting goals, it doesn't mean that they are the best candidate for the job. Clinics become stagnant because some program directors are content with doing "just enough". Clinics could grow exponentially with the correct person in place.

Healogics2018-12-30
  5. "It had good moments"

I worked at Healogics full-time

Pros

Benefits were decent. Coworkers were great.

Cons

Former program director talked about everyone behind their back. Had no training.

Healogics2018-10-26

"Happy I Left"

Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Healogics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You will get satisfaction when wounds heal.

Cons

Program Directors are overburdened with senseless reports, meetings, sales calls, etc...Very little time to spend with staff and providers. I am now working in a wound center that is managed by the hospital I work for. Much more productive. I am no longer forced by a management company to tell my doctors how to practice medicine.

Advice to Management

Be careful with dictating to doctors. You will be sued again.

Healogics2018-11-10

I worked at Healogics full-time

Pros

Very good company with good benefits

Cons

Company needs to be supportive of employees that's in Program Director positions, other contract positions. It needs an organized training class ...trainer to help with the process for at least 2 weeks! Otherwise, you are thrown to the wolves...learn the best way you can!

Advice to Management

Organized training and be supportive of your employees

Healogics2017-09-15

"If I could rate 0 Stars I would!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Healogics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People that you work with all help each other other for the most part. Learn new things. If youre trying to break into health care, this is a good stepping stone as its located in major hospitals and it looks good on your resume.

Cons

HR does not back up employees. Program Directors are able to tweak employees job description to suit them. Low pay, horrible and expensive health insurance, you never hear from upper management, you are disposable. Alot of HIPPA violations and disease control nightmare, medicare fraud all day every day. billing for what they dont do. There is also no room for advancement for administrative staff. You will be overworked. Work weekends.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they bring things to your attention. Pay your staff a competitive rate, work with your staff, if your whole staff is telling you the same problem take the time to resolve it.

Healogics2017-09-06

"Program Director"

I have been working at Healogics full-time

Pros

Decent benefit package, over 800 centers nationwide, impressed with talent of peers

Cons

Program director role has high turnover rate. Focus seems to have shifted from operations management to glorified sales rep with some management duties. Quantity of marketing calls instead of quality, Process oriented instead of people oriented. Contract position so if contract ends, you are out of a job.

Healogics2017-01-22
  10. "Improving"

Program Director

I have been working at Healogics

Pros

I've been with Healogics over 4 years and as a company they are improving. So much depends upon your local team and your ability to build the relationships with the hospital partner. They are trying to do better as company as they continue to enjoy a strong growth. New HR team looking and changing benefits and performance evaluations for the better. Their clinical standards promote healing. I don't plan on leaving my position anytime soon as it is a good fit for me.

Cons

They need to support their Clinical Nurse Managers by allowing them to have more time -- for some clinics spending 80% of their time in the clinic means they don't get the administrative work done; just not possible leading to burn out and turn over. While improved, the RDCO's still have too many centers to effectively train and keep up with the turnover. Perhaps more RDCO's would lead to more support of the CNMs and less turnover for that position. Also FOC's need more support and more training. As the push is on to increase new patients, Healogics has not increased the clerical staff needed to get the insurance authorizations, prepare the charts, schedule, etc. Nor is the training there. If the PD is weak in front office operations, your FOC will get little to no training/support. A strong Program Director with a supportive and knowledgeable AVP + a strong RDCO = a solid program and a pleased hospital partner.

Advice to Management

Change in culture comes from the top. I still see too many Program Directors who treat the CNMs as minions. A strong program comes with the team approach and the Program Directors need to see each team member as a vital component. Mentoring your CNM to be the best he/she can be, giving them the time to accomplish Healogics' goals will only add to your program.

Healogics2016-09-09