Health Carousel Reviews | Glassdoor

Bill DeVille

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Health Carousel part-time

Pros

- Positive Environment
    - Fast Pace Growth
    - Quality Management
    - Expanding opportunities
    - Fun Culture

Cons

I have not had any problems while working here

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Mar 21, 2017 – Health Carousel Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review Health Carousel. We are so glad to hear you have had a positive experience. We value your feedback and hard work. Keep it up!

2. "Great Place!"

I have been working at Health Carousel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are so nice and willing to help. Excellent culture of growth. They love to celebrate their people.

Cons

Can't think of anything really.

Mar 21, 2017 – Health Carousel Representative

Thank you for your feedback and hard work. We are happy to hear you appreciate the communication and support you receive from us!

3. "Different kind of job..."

I have been working at Health Carousel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very progressive company. They like to work hard and play hard. They are up to date with technology and the management doesn't micro manage. I wish I would've found this company 10yrs ago. They know how to treat you with respect.

Cons

The CRM that is used is slow, but as i said very progressive company and coming out with a new CRM very soon.

Advice to Management

Don't fall into the business norm. The way you let your recruiters manage their own business is what makes this job so unique.

Mar 21, 2017 – Health Carousel Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and for all your hard work. We are happy to hear you value our management style and progressiveness!

5. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Health Carousel full-time

Pros

-great culture
    -a company that cares about their employees and their well-being
    -upper level management is approachable and personable
    -management truly cares about your personal and professional development. If you're interested in another area or specialty, you can get exposure or get involved in special projects.
    -work hard, play hard mentality-- there are lots of fun events, team-building, company-wide meetings. everything also seems very transparent for the company's vision and progression as they grow.

Cons

you have to be flexible and patient as this company is rapidly growing. example-you may have a make-shift desk or desk area until new construction for new office space is built, etc.

Advice to Management

-ensure all managers across the board are on the same page with work-life balance/flexible schedules
    -make parental-leave policies more progressive

"Nurse Recruiter"

I have been working at Health Carousel full-time

Pros

Overall positive environment, Opportunity for growth, friendly co-workers, company paid cell phone.

Cons

Lack of schedule flexibility, expected to be available 24/7 but also required to be in office from 8-5, low base salary compared to competitors within the Cincinnati.

Advice to Management

Let your employees know how valuable they are. Company is rapidly growing and increasing revenue, those making the money should have additional compensation not only executives.

7. "Awesome Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Health Carousel (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great company culture that promotes success. Extremely nice benefits package.

Cons

No significant cons. The company is growing very fast so the constant on-boarding of new employees does present some struggles.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Great Cincinnati Company"

I have been working at Health Carousel full-time

Pros

If you are trying to escape the politics of a large company, this is the perfect place to come work. The culture here is very relaxed and flexible, with modern offices and lots of cool amenities and fun company events. Health Carousel is growing very quickly, and there is a lot of opportunity to advance your career, take ownership of projects, learn new skills, and make an excellent salary. There are opportunities everywhere to make an impact and earn recognition for it. A majority of the management team come from large companies and consulting firms; they have a very clever growth strategy for Health Carousel. It's also a great learning experience to work along side seasoned executives who otherwise would not know your name at a large company!

Cons

Since the company is growing so quickly, we are spread out over 3 offices in Cincinnati while a new space is being built. This is a bit inconvenient because it can sometimes make meetings difficult. The 401(k) used to be less than excellent, but it is being upgraded in April/May.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating the vision of the company to all departments so we're on the same track towards the same goals. We need to make sure communication stays strong between departments so we don't develop silo mentalities. Some lower cost investment options on our 401(k) would be nice.

"Tailored Healthcare Employee"

Current Employee - Nurse Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Great culture, amazing benefits, and fantastic pay.

Cons

The technology can be worked on a little better, but other than that no issues.

10. "Great Company to Work For"

I have been working at Health Carousel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health Carousel is a phenomenal company to work for. They truly care about their employees happiness, well-being and success. They invest dividends to help their employee's perform beyond expectations all while giving them the freedom to find what works best for them. There is definitely a 'work hard - play hard' mentality, in that, as an employee, you are expected to give it your all while in the office, but are rewarded with fun activities, meetings and intensives inside and outside the office. Along with that, the employee's are a part of a tight knit community that is there to help and support you when you have questions or need assistance. I am very grateful to have the opportunity to work for a company as great as Health Carousel!

Cons

I truly can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Good people working toward a common goal!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Health Carousel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Carousel has taken great care of myself and surrounding employees. Opportunities to advance into leadership roles are endless and ACTUALLY attainable. The company focuses on taking care of its people and in turn their people continue to take care of them. The work life balance is extraordinary and you don't feel guilty for actually using the 15 PTO days you earn each year. If you want a career in a growing market that isn't going anywhere and are lucky enough to be selected for a position with Health Carousel you won't regret accepting.

Cons

Work here and find me one b/c I can't

Advice to Management

Continue pushing the limits