KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Health Carousel CEO   Bill DeVille
Bill DeVille

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Besides low pay, hard to earn commission, and the guilt of working OT without the pay.(in 10 reviews)
  • "You will be paid a very low salary with absolutely no room for upward mobility or pay increases.(in 10 reviews)
  • "You will get your candidates stolen by another manager who acts like she’s still a recruiter and she will get away with it.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Recruiting is the most difficult position in this company but can also be the most rewarding if you work hard.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Health Carousel and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great place to work!

May 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team Oriented Great Culture Amazing Employees

Cons

None, it's a great job.

Health Carousel Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback! We love to hear when our employees are enjoying our culture! If you have any questions or continued feedback please don't hesitate to reach out to your manager or HR.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Decent Company, Not long term

Jun 30, 2022 - Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can make great money and great culture.

Cons

Have to work excessively the first 2 years to get anywhere. Company is messy and no clear rules. Young managers without experience.

3. 4.0

Travel Nurse Recruiter

Jun 2, 2022 - Travel Nurse Recruiter in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, uncapped commission, company events, and culture

Cons

difficult job on mental health, lack of work life balance, low base salary

Continue reading

Health Carousel Response

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the culture and flexibility but we are concerned about your comment on pay and mental health. Health Carousel leaders work continuously each year to ensure that our employees are compensated fairly based on local and industry benchmarks for their position, skill level, and their ongoing performance and productivity. In addition to this we continue to provide coaching, tools, and resources to support all of our employees' mental health but if you have additional concerns, we encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR so we can address.

4. 3.0

Great environment but

Jun 7, 2022 - Recruiter in Dayton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment is awesome, and you really can make a lot of money.

Cons

After about a year or so the “minimum requirements” to maintain your job become much harder and ultimately unrealistic. This creates a lot of stress, and worry of when you will be losing your job, even though you are creating tons of profit for the company. Terrible work life balance. You are expected to be available 24/7. Even on your “days off”

Continue reading

Health Carousel Response

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the culture and compensation but we are concerned about your comments on flexibility and stress. Health Carousel leaders work continuously to provide coaching, tools, and resources to support all of our employees' personal and professional wellbeing but if you have additional concerns, we encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR so we can address.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Review

Jun 2, 2022 - Travel Nurse Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great office environment, super fun, can wear casual clothes, all managers and teams are very approachable. Company always doing happy hours and business outings.

Cons

Day to day work is somewhat monotonous. A lot is out of your control, which can get frustrating.

Health Carousel Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback. We are glad to hear you are enjoying the culture and your team at Health Carousel! If you have additional feedback or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR so we can help determine the best solutions to support you in your career here.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Opportunity and Caring

May 16, 2022 - Director in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to grow, visibility to leadership, ability to contribute to decision-making. The industry outlook is strong and the work every employee does matters within the organization and to the client healthcare organizations, healthcare professionals, and patients served.

Cons

The pace of work might be daunting for some but just what others seek.

Health Carousel Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your time with Health Carousel! If you have any other feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out to your manager or HR so we can be sure you have the tools and resources you need!

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Okay if its your first job

Apr 6, 2022 - Nurse Recruiter in Dayton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, lots of company wide events that keep it fun

Cons

Low pay for all the work you put in. Comission not all that great.

2 people found this review helpful

Health Carousel Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are happy to know that you are enjoying the time with your team at Health Carousel, our office, and your team. Our leaders work continuously each year to ensure that our employees are compensated fairly based on local and industry benchmarks for their position, skill level, and their ongoing performance and productivity, and our nurse recruiters actually have uncapped earning potential. We encourage you to reach out to your manager if you're concerned about your commissions to see how they can help coach you to increase your earnings.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Work Enviroment

Mar 22, 2022 - Legal Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, clean and spacious work place.

Cons

Compensation, organization, some leadership, work load.

1 person found this review helpful

Health Carousel Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the time with your team at Health Carousel and that you enjoyed the office culture. Our leaders work continuously each year to ensure that our employees are compensated fairly based on local and industry benchmarks for their position, skill level, and their ongoing performance and productivity but it sounds like you were ready to take the next step in your own journey and we wish you best of luck in your next position.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Apr 6, 2022 - Sales in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Good Good Good Good

Cons

Nothing bad to report at this time.

Health Carousel Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback! We are so happy to hear you are having an awesome experience with your Health Carousel team! If you have any other questions or feedback for how we can continue to make Health Carousel a great place to work for all, please don't hesitate to reach out to your manager or HR.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Friendly & easy to work with

Mar 17, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Henderson, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great connection with my recruiter, genuine guy.

Cons

Lower pay packages than other agencies

1 person found this review helpful

Health Carousel Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this feedback. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time working with our Health Carousel family of brands! Please don't hesitate to reach out to your recruiter if you have any other questions or feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 158 Reviews

Health Carousel Reviews FAQs

Health Carousel has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 180 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Health Carousel to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Health Carousel employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Health Carousel. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

64% of Health Carousel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Health Carousel 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Health Carousel to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Health Carousel Job Seekers