Cover image for Health Catalyst

70 Comments

Tech

454.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Health Catalyst~746219
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and that is about all that is good about Health Catalyst (HC)(in 120 reviews)
  • "He seems genuine and I believe he wants the best for the team members.(in 106 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership takes feedback very well and seems to do a great job trying to improve the culture.(in 74 reviews)
  • "Great culture, I feel comfortable asking for a one on one discussion with any of the leadership.(in 61 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Health Catalyst and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Company with a Heart for the Team

Oct 7, 2022 - Analytic Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for many companies over my working career, but none of them come close to the integrity and honesty that is shown at Health Catalyst. I have never before felt that I was ‘truly’ valued as a person, before I was valued as an employee – but here I am. Every Monday I “get” to come to work. I work with amazingly intelligent and talented people, who want to make a difference in the company and the world, specifically in Health Care. There are so many good things about working here… TEAMWORK: We work as an actual ‘team’ – if I have questions or concerns about what is being done, any input is welcomed, even if it isn’t what everyone else thinks. We have a SLACK instance, where I can go to, and have gone to for help – and have received help from co-workers within minutes of posting an issue or a question. In return, I also offer to help others when I have the knowledge or background to do so. FAIR: I never feel pitted against others when working – I am evaluated based on my work and my initiative – not how much better/worse I am than those around me. We continue to build each other up and support each other in all we do – to the betterment of our clients and our world. JUST: I encountered a situation where a client team was not demonstrating the same commitment to fairness and honesty as Health Catalyst does and felt torn about what to do. When I shared the circumstances with my management team, they immediately took action and sought to remedy the issue. I was not questioned as to my motivation or thought to be difficult, the management took the right approach and helped make things better for all involved. CARING: In the course of my employment here, I have also had some personal family issues that I had to deal with that were out of the ordinary, but difficult to explain and deal with. When I shared what was happening with my work team, they supported me in taking the time I needed to deal with these issues ahead of work commitments. I will NEVER forget this, as the ultimate outcome changed my life and that of my family for the better. If I had not taken the time to deal with it as I needed to, a lot of people would have been hurt, and would still be hurt. I will never forget that the put ‘me’ first in that situation, and I don’t believe any other company I have worked for would have. This shows the true care and compassion that Health Catalyst has for its team. HONESTY: Just recently, the company discovered that they need to pivot and make some changes that may result in some team members feeling uninvolved or un-engaged. They also, as this same time, realized that they need to let some of the workforce leave to make their financial commitments. At other companies I have worked for, they always played the shell game here (saying things like “you can take this package ‘now’, or wait and see… but if you wait, and you are on the list, you will get less later). I was so impressed when Dan Burton came out and said that to be fair to ALL employees, he wanted to put the offer on the table for EVERYONE – and not only that, but if you decided to stay, and were on the list, you could still get the same package later. This honesty to everyone just increased my commitment to this company and what it stands for. I know that there is not a better company out there for me to work for – the true care that this company takes for the team members (and we really are team members, not just employees, as at other companies) is phenomenal. I am committed to working with my team to come up with the best solutions that we can to help make this world a better place.

Cons

There are still things that the company struggles with, but I know that the best intentions are there. COMMUNICATION: With some of the recent changes, (a paradigm shift in many ways) it has been difficult for everyone to know everything – and the message seems to have been to keep it quiet until a decision has been made, to avoid confusion for people. This may have resulted in more chaos however, as we hear different things from different sources. I hope that in the near future this can be more open, and everyone can be made aware of what changes are/are not happening – even as they are being solidified and worked out. PAY: I know that many people complain that they aren’t being paid what they ‘deserve’, and with the COVID economy being what it is, and the state of health care being what it is, they may be right. However I am grateful for the opportunity to work for a company that is open and honest about what they are trying to do for everyone – and a company that cares about so much: Team members, clients, health care patients, and the company stockholders. I also know that here, work-life balance isn’t a conversation topic – because we all have it if we want it; that is worth so much more than money to me. Compared to the CONS of working anywhere BUT Health Catalyst, these are insignificant, and I am so grateful to work for a company that cares so much.

4 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Good Company

Nov 6, 2022 - Client Services Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

HCAT has tons of perks. Office allowance, phone and internet reimbursement, health/wellness annual allowance, and more! They don’t just say they value their employees, they show us.

Cons

Wasn’t a good fiscal year. They had layoffs. (But even then, they offered everyone in the company a nice severance package for voluntary leave.

3. Join the Health Catalyst team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company, off year

Nov 9, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health Catalyst has a great culture, a really positive mission, and leadership does what they say they’re going to do. Benefits are great, openness and transparency with team members is a refreshing change of pace from anywhere else I’ve worked, and the company really tries to do better, including sharing these reviews directly with team members and addressing any constructive feedback publicly.

Cons

This year has been a really rough year at Catalyst, at least in my department. A change in leadership, and games being played between departments, led to lots of starts and stops, lots of attrition from people unwilling to weather the storm, and a big lack of trust in our department head. The CEO loves and breathes transparency as much as possible, but our department feels like we’re still in the dark, nearly five months after a major shift and everyone asking for more detail, more information, it has been like pulling teeth to understand what our jobs might be in the next three months. Leadership is aware of this lack, and has promised to do better, meanwhile individual contributors still find themselves wondering if/when they will get real information, and team leads are left guessing and reading tea leaves to figure out how to keep developers occupied. I’m sure the new cloud-based platform will be great, but the way it rolled out (over the top of another cloud based platform) has left a sour taste in the mouths of an entire business unit.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Great Company

Oct 27, 2022 - Senior Data Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company

Cons

Needs to catch up on salaries

6. 5.0

A company that cares

Oct 19, 2022 - Analytics Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits and fantastic company culture. Great leadership.

Cons

It's a large company so it can be easy to feel like a small cog.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Headed in the Right Direction...Again!

Oct 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health Catalyst's leadership and team members are truly devoted to the company mission and continue to live up to its deeply rooted core values. While we took a temporary detour, I feel very relieved to see that difficult decisions have been made and that we're once again headed in the right direction. The company and its leadership continue to make tough decisions and even personal sacrifices to ensure team members' and the company's success. They continue to put team members first by offering a very generous benefits package, competitive salaries, and prioritizing work/life balance.

Cons

Acquisitions and course corrections have led to frequent strategy changes and reorganizations that left many feeling unsure of direction and role.

8. 5.0

Transparency

Oct 3, 2022 - Product Manger in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I appreciate the transparency the leadership shares. Clear messaging is important.

Cons

Although the support of DE&I groups is there, when pushback from employees surrounding the these groups happens there is not enough public comment from leadership!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Still a great company

Sep 24, 2022 - Sr. Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Healthy culture, honest leadership who leads by example. Managing bumps transparently and respectfully.

Cons

May be over correcting at times, lots of internal changes that may not be needed.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

What's left when the growth is gone?

Sep 24, 2022 - Senior Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ I have never seen more alignment across the span of the organization than the current time. + Product strategy solidifying. + Above average benefits + Caring CEO

Cons

- Loss of key talent for a variety of reasons - Slow growth ahead. - Spent too much time over the last several years on diversity vs getting the business strategy right. - Poor communication and strategy formation over the last 2 years.

8 people found this review helpful
  11. 3.0
    Current Employee

Review of Health Catalyst

Oct 4, 2022 - Senior Data Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of benefits that are outside the norm like phone, internet and gym membership

Cons

Seems to be that there is some confusion on what is the best direction for the company with several recent changes in leadership positions

Viewing 1 - 10 of 596 Reviews
</>Embed

Health Catalyst Reviews FAQs

Health Catalyst has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 643 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Health Catalyst to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Health Catalyst employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Health Catalyst. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

82% of Health Catalyst employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Health Catalyst 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Health Catalyst to be culture, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be compensation, career development.

Popular Careers with Health Catalyst Job Seekers