Health Dialog Reviews in Manchester, NH | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Health Dialog CEO Web Golinkin
Web Golinkin

Pros
  • The best thing about the company were my colleagues and ability to work from home (in 3 reviews)

• Good people: smart, hard-working, good natured (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management not skilled in management concepts (in 3 reviews)

• Current senior and middle management is not one to take it out of its tailspin either (in 2 reviews)

1. "Uncertain Future Lies Ahead"

Former Employee - All Departments in Bedford, NH
    Former Employee - All Departments in Bedford, NH

I worked at Health Dialog full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A more laid back type of environment. Nice location. Promotes wellness.

Cons

Future of the company is very uncertain. Many of the talented employees have left or are seeking other opportunities which hinders the employees left behind. RiteAid recently adjusted the benefits package which was more expensive, less coverage, and less vacation time (Two weeks only now). Vacation used to be three to start.

Advice to Management

Many individuals on the management team have left such as Legal Counsel, VP of HR, VP of Sales.

2. "Once a FANTASTIC Company... now... notsomuch."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH

I worked at Health Dialog full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed all the people that I worked with at Health Dialog. Over the MANY years I worked there one of the best features was always the extremely talented and highly professional folks I worked with.

Cons

After being sold originally to BUPA, Health Dialog seemed to have lost its focus. Although they were a worldwide healthcare company, BUPA didn't seem to know what to do with Health Dialog as its first entry to the US HealthCare market.

Then Rite Aid came along and bought Health Dialog... and they seemed to have one focus, and left the rest of the company to flail. Not sure if Health Dialog will ever recover. I know they will never be the same again!

Advice to Management

Pick a focus, define a strategy... and then WORK THE CRAP out of it! Quit letting the talent either leave or go to waste!

"Once a great place, no longer"

Current Employee - Health Coach in Bedford, NH
    Current Employee - Health Coach in Bedford, NH

I have been working at Health Dialog full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are devoted to the members they support. They still have a goal to succeed.

Cons

No longer care about employees or members. It is all about numbers, not quality

5. "Great people , No vision"

Former Employee - Manager in Bedford, NH
    Former Employee - Manager in Bedford, NH

I worked at Health Dialog full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, Nice life/work balance, Good Co-workers

Cons

Terrible vision and long range planning, not much personal advancement available, Ship began to sink in 2009. Rite Aid bought a hollow shell. BUPA couldn't get it work.

Advice to Management

Need new upper level management, need product vision

"A very positive experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Manchester, NH

I worked at Health Dialog full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the chance to engage with clients and address any of their questions or concerns on how their health benefits worked for them. My co-workers were fantastic to work with, and I gained a great deal of knowledge on how to take better care of my health needs. Everyone looked out for one another and kept in touch when they left the company.

Cons

The company let go of too many good people when in restructured its growth plan. Now they have to go out and spend more resources on hiring for some of those positions.

Advice to Management

Return to the practice of quarterly meetings with people at different sites. Face to face contact between employees and management benefits both parties and gives a chance to address concerns and answer questions more directly

"Good people, leadership lacking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH

I have been working at Health Dialog full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are amazing and supportive people to each other. They truly embrace the company's vision of helping others live longer, happier, and healthier lives. They encourage each other in healthier lifestyle choices. They also co-operate to accomplish the task at hand and are willing to train others in what they do so others can learn more.

Cons

Company is currently redefining their goals and mission. This leads to confusion about where the company is going and a strong detachment between the executive leadership and every day workers.

Advice to Management

No one can follow your vision if you can't connect it to what they do every day. Fixing something for now is never the right answer. Instead of rebuilding the wrong thing, you should take the time to build it right the first time.

"No Vision, No innovation, No Future."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bedford, NH
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bedford, NH

I have been working at Health Dialog full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the technical people are actually quite knowledgeable, competent and smart. Super friendly too. It's when ppl get the word "Director" in their title... that's when things take a wrong turn. I don't think anyone in the company history ever complained that the pay isn't great. One of the highest paying employers around. Flexible hours and awesome work-life balance.

Cons

Forget about growth opportunities. Nonexistent. 4 years ago there were 1800+ employees. Today the number barely crosses 500. Layoffs every 6 months on average for the past 4 years. We might actually be able to break some dubious record in 2012 with 3 layoffs in one calendar year. But it wasn't always this bad. When I started here, the company was doing quite good. Failure to innovate was it's demise. Constant political battles up top. I have seen first hand that all it takes is a handful of selfish senior level execs to absolutely destroy a company. I have seen a top level exec in charge of a legacy system instruct his directs to do whatever they can to sabotage the development of a new system. Go figure. The CXOs must realize that it's "innovate-or-die". That's how this country was built. This company forgot that a long time ago and as a result, it is probably going to close its doors soon. RIP Health Dialog.

Advice to Management

Hey Bupa, Clean house and start from up top. With the CEO. May be you will be able to salvage whatever's left.

"Going.....going.......gone"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Bedford, NH
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Bedford, NH

I worked at Health Dialog full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WAS a great company to work for when it was growing faster than it could handle.

Cons

Ready to go under any second now, a sinnking ship with an incompetent captian and no rudder that keeps tossing the crew (layoff after layoff) and equipment (closing offices and cutting back on every piece of equipment and support contracts) overboard in hopes to keep it afloat. Parent company needs to gain control or sink it.

Advice to Management

You're out of touch.

"Great environment, worthwile work, and support from everywhere."

Former Employee - Inventory Coordinator in Bedford, NH
    Former Employee - Inventory Coordinator in Bedford, NH

Pros

The business is not run blindly or wrecklessly. The managers and supervisors are strong, but fair. With the healthcare industry you have to abide by certain rules and they make sure you do by supporting you and your questions. Upper management, CEO included, are open and welcoming to communications from ALL employees. I enjoyed working there very much and miss everyone.

Cons

As with many companies, layoffs happen and it can be stressful. It can be stressful at first, but once you get the hang of working there and learning about what they do, you can't help but feel good.

Advice to Management

Continue to get your work and messages out to the people. I think what service you offer is important and relative!

11. "Dysfunctional and Disrespectfull"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH

Pros

Some very talented people who work hard

Cons

Teams do not work well together, everyone is concerned on who to blame instead of how to fix it. Team members speaking to other team members with total disregard of common decentcy. Process changes as the wind blows.

Advice to Management

Remove the negative people who do not know how to be team players and remind them of the respect in the work place.