Health Fitness Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Health Fitness President & CEO Paul Lotharius
Paul Lotharius

Pros
  • Work-life balance: flexible scheduling, a generous amount of PTO, work-from-home options are very nice (in 6 reviews)

• HealthFitness hires great people and pay is reasonable (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"9+ years and counting!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Health Fitness full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been at HealthFitness for more than 9 years and counting. As with any company and position there are challenging days but I have a great deal of respect for my direct manager and the people I work with everyday. The associates are passionate about doing their best every day to exceed expectations.

I have proved myself and the quality of my work through the years and been acknowledged through promotions and significant merit increases. I also enjoy a great deal of flexibility to work from home and flex my hours to accommodate life with two small children.

Cons

The company has grown rapidly in the 9 years I have been there and as a result have experienced some growing pains. Management is aware of the pains and over the last year has taken a lot of steps to address and fix the problems. As a result, I am optimistic about another great 9+ years with HealthFitness.

2. "Over 20 great years and going strong..."

Current Employee - Recruiting in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Health Fitness full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

HealthFitness has always offered opportunities for career growth, but over the past years the opportunities have expanded into a variety of areas of the business and allowed employees to venture into areas they may have never thought possible. I always feel challenged and supported by management and my co-workers (they are like an extended family) and always there to support you.

Cons

Honestly I can't think of any. I have always enjoyed the company and people I work with.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and expand as a company, so opportunities for associates grow too. Expand on benefit options, great add with Vision Care & tuition reimbursement, maybe some Orthodontics coverage.

3. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Health Fitness Nurse in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Health Fitness Nurse in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Health Fitness part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always willing to work with me and my schedule.

Cons

So far no cons for me in this RN position

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Great company that values their employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Health Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, good benefits, career growth opportunities and development, company culture is fun, access to work out facility in building is free including group exercise classes, and engaging health and wellness programming with a new platform to track your progress and participate in fun activities.

Cons

The company is in a state of growth, and with that can come some growing pains. I am excited about the direction the company is going, so the growth and changes are exciting to experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! We are an industry leader, and with leading edge technology including our new BioVia suite of health management programs and iPads at screening events, we have a very positive outlook for the future of this company.

"Great company, good pay, and professional coworkers."

Current Employee - On Call Screener in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - On Call Screener in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Health Fitness part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is good which includes up to $24 per hour, depending on your education/experience; and mileage reimbursement. You get to choose your own schedule with plenty events to keep you busy. Also, the coworkers are professional, friendly, and helpful.

Cons

As a full time manager, it is hard to balance your personal life and work with all the traveling you must do.

Advice to Management

They are doing a great job.

"I enjoy working for this company, they have great leadership!"

Pros

They help guide you through you career, from entry level on up and become not only mentors but friends. This company is consistently growing.

Cons

Depending on contracts, there may or may not be room for much professional growth.

Advice to Management

NA

"Incredible People, Amazing Potential"

I have been working at Health Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, their passion, leadership, and the ability to make a difference are the highlights of the company. It's not a company that's plagued by politics; rather, it's an organization of hard working, caring, bright, dedicated people.

Cons

The biggest challenge is workload. The organization runs lean, so it takes discipline, time management skills and the ability to prioritize to stay focused.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You're on the right path, in my humble opinion, and I am excited about the future of HealthFitness. Leadership is comprised of some of the most genuine and talented people I have had the privilege to work for.

"Happy employee!"

I have been working at Health Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful training, responsive management team, responsive support from several departments, pretty flexible work schedule

Cons

There is a super quick learning curve, but I don't know that that's exactly a con, just a challenge to overcome. Also, I think it's not really a con either, but perhaps gym membership subsidy? I mean we are a Health and Fitness company, so we compensated with assistance and encouragement to do that. It's a pretty standard benefit these days.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Continue with the great communication long after the employee is hired and encourage professional growth.

"Great place to work at with wonderful management and teams!"

Pros

Very team oriented and access to a variety of services for clients

Cons

Work-life balance is challenging at times.

11. "Health Fitness Assistant"

Pros

Great entry level experience for the fitness industry. Well rounded atmosphere

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. No room for advancing

Advice to Management

Open up more opportunities in the northeast