Health Net Federal Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Thomas F. (Tom) Carrato

1. "Case Manager"

Former Employee - Case Manager II in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Case Manager II in Hampton, VA

I worked at Health Net Federal Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good compensation
    Enjoyed working with military families

Cons

Poor management, not supportive to employees. Senior management listens to middle mgmt so does not have any idea how the bottom line employees are being treated.

Advice to Management

Find managers who work well between upper management and bottom line employees with better communication on changes and new policies regarding changes in a timely manner.

"Health Net needs a SERIOUS self-evaluation!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Health Net Federal Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having weekends off, the rate of pay, insurance was eh, new one was going to suck though especially getting screwed out of Healthy Pathways. Working indoors, sitting, no face to face customer interaction. When we still got to wear jeans before lame new dress code.

Cons

Some people can be favoring cliques, daily wishy washy changes, no real stability on lasting ways to do things. Things really need to be stabilized. Company is not looking out for their employees nor Vets, they're more worried about the $$$ they can make. Dress code was a joke because if customers aren't seeing us in person it made no sense not to allow jeans! Not everyone has $200 to drop on a new dressy wardrobe especially due to the cost of clothing much less business clothes.

Advice to Management

Care more about BOTH the employees and Vets first before how much of a profit you could make. Have things more uniform rather than being told one day to do things this way & another way the next day. Also recognize EVERYONE'S hard work and little better, not just the same Joe Blow's causing every other hard worker busting their duff just as hard to feel unnoticed. Give a care more about employees, care more about quality employees & recognize this!!! Don't hold your workers back when they're trying to apply throughout the company. Don't keep lazy trash over quality, hard working,dependable employees.

"Stay away"

Current Employee - A&A in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - A&A in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Health Net Federal Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fellow employees. helping vets get care

Cons

Management has no idea what they are doing. They tell you one thing then the next day it's another. Place was ok until they merge with Centene. They cut the good perks and benefits. They raised health insurance and demanded increased production plus mandatory overtime. They only promote from the "in crowd: and not based on performance. They care more about numbers and less about getting vets the care they need.

5. "Great Place to work, if you like sitting in front of computers all day."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hampton, VA

Pros

Don't get me wrong. The pay is decent and so are the people. You train for a couple of weeks and then they put you on the floor, just to be trained again directly. You sit in front of two computer screens in your cubicle and you can only talk when you are dealing with a Veteran or Physician.

Cons

If you are brought on through a temp agency, then prepare to have ALOT of rules. You need to always clock in within your time frame of you will receive a write up. Any more than two and you will be sent home.
    When on the floor, you are literally feet away from your neighbor but you are not aloud to talk at all or your supervisor may write you up.
    Not a lot of room for advancement or growth.
    No benefits for temps. Even taking a sick day is at your own risk.

Advice to Management

Take pride in all of your workers, full-time, part-time, and temps. Majority of the time, they are all doing the same job.

6. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Health Net Federal Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Generous Salary. Day to day rewarding job.

Cons

Will be better once Centene merger complete.

7. "Many opportunities"

Current Employee - Referrals in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Referrals in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Health Net Federal Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health Net Federal Services has many opportunities for growth, competitive pay, great benefits and flexible hours. I also love the managers in RAOC.

Cons

This department has unrealistic production goals for my specialty team quality control while every other teams production goal has been lowered, there is too much responsibility and different tasks for our team of 8 people.

Advice to Management

Management cannot expect as good of quality of work with production goals as high as they are. Our training department as a whole is broken, there is not adequate training for new associates and department moral has really gone down hill since Mary left. Micromanaging us only helps in the short term.

8. "Third party administrator"

Former Employee - Third Party Administrator in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Third Party Administrator in Hampton, VA

I worked at Health Net Federal Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, good hours, easy work, love workibg with the veterans who helped served our country. To be able to administrator care for them.

Cons

If your not permanent there are no benefits. They treat you like robots....its a OK place to work but personally i wouldnt want to go back an work there.

9. "my review"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittston, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittston, PA

I worked at Health Net Federal Services (More than a year)

Pros

enjoyed talking to different people every day

Cons

did not like some of the language customers would use

Advice to Management

n/a

"Medical Customer Service"

Former Employee - Medical Customer Service Representative in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Medical Customer Service Representative in Hampton, VA

I worked at Health Net Federal Services (Less than a year)

Pros

The work was rewarding. The functions of the job were minimal and fairly easy to complete. I met wonderful people but most of us have moved on to other jobs elsewhere.

Cons

I worked on the Choice First After-hours team. So the first problem is the fact the its after hours.(4pm-1230am). Coming to HN straight through is a joke. Everyone is hired through a service such as Kelly Services. When I began the position I was advised by management that this would be an on going position with room for advancement. Speaking with other employees, I found out that there were people who had been working temp for more than a year.

We were blatenly lie to regarding to ability to move into a day shift position, but training classes that came after us were being placed in days. It also came to my attention that a new center was opening in Tampa and all employees were being hired as permenant. Also, forget time off for an emergency. If your kids are sick and your single you might as well quit. They do not accept valid Dr's notes for any one but yourself. Like I'd leave a sick kid home alone... Uuuughhhh. This place is not the typical call center but still watch your back!

Advice to Management

My supervisor was amazing, always helpful and never rude or condicending. The attendance policy needs a major overhaul. I would like to think that retaing good employees would be more important than processing an obsurde amount of incorrect work. Also, seniority & performance should dictate which employees are able to obtain a better shift or position. Management should be competent enough to assist and guide new associates. Think carefully before bestowing a title on an idiot. Who comes to another agent for answers.

"disease management"

Former Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Health Net Federal Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

~ doing work that is worthwhile and makes a difference in the live's of others.
    ~ good benefits (health, dental, etc).

Cons

horrible manager...very unprofessional...micro-managing....has been violent (throwing things, cursing, slamming doors, etc)....numerous complaint to HR have done nothing so really strong associates have left and are leaving.
    VERY high turnover in 3 years.
    pay for clinicians is not adequate
    IN A NUTSHELL, dont work in this dept. with the merging going through with Centene, it is likely they will ax the program and use Centene's program.

Advice to Management

take anger management classes, medications, or find a new career... whatever you do, you dont belong in mgmt and you never will. you have failed at everything you've tried to do here and sooner or later the heads above you are going to figure it out and fire your arse. mark these words. after your fired, you will have no where to go b/c everyone in the department either fear you or loathe you.