Health Net Federal Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Thomas F. (Tom) Carrato

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The people with whom I worked on a daily basis were good people" (in 2 reviews)

• "They're a great company doing a great service for Veterans" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not a lot of room for advancement or growth" (in 4 reviews)

• "Poor management, not supportive to employees" (in 3 reviews)

1. "CSR"

Pros

I enjoyed working with the customers, the pay was excellent,and the staff was great.

Cons

The location of the business wasn't the best.

2. "A & A"

I have been working at Health Net Federal Services full-time

Pros

Centene is a great company

Cons

Needs a rejuvenation, management more reactive than proactive

Advice to Management

Take care of your agents and listen to them

3. "I wouldn't recommend it"

I have been working at Health Net Federal Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are nice, and the schedule is pretty flexible.

Cons

Mandatory OT, little to no pay, no, life outside of the job, favoritism so no real room for advancement.

4. "Csr"

I have been working at Health Net Federal Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We have been purchased by Centene, a multi-billion dollar company. The changes are meant to eliminate the top heavy, useless, wasteful management, which had destroyed Health Net, and has been striving to destroy the Tricare contract. Centene makes hnfs management work for an over-priced living. Thats why upper management is leaving, being a relative or Facebook buddy is not enough. Out with the old and in with the new, Centene, come on down.

Cons

Hnfs management took our parking reimbursement away and Centene gave it back. Hnfs management claimed credit for employee sponsored covered dish lunches.

Advice to Management

Watch and learn from the New Centene management, if you won't learn, then run screaming from the building. The employees want to provide the best customer service to our military families, and we need management that supports that effort too.

5. "Disease Management Specialist"

I have been working at Health Net Federal Services full-time

Pros

Small intimate teams and plenty of special attention

Cons

Poor upward mobility, very little discussion about what other jobs are available for those at this position

Advice to Management

Find ways to get people moving up the company ladder

6. "A decent company to work for."

I worked at Health Net Federal Services full-time

Pros

The people with whom I worked on a daily basis were good people. We were always willing to pick up duties not necessarily our own in order to help our coworkers out. Management more or less left us alone so long as work was getting completed, which is, frankly, what management should do. Salary seemed fair, but in honesty, I have no comparables, as this has thus far been my only position in the industry.

Cons

As the last TriCare contract wore on, there was, IMO, excessive belt-tightening. People would leave, or be terminated, and not replaced, greatly adding to the workload of those of us who remained. Pointless exercises were assigned to field employees in, I believe, an effort to show Uncle Sam our usefulness, and so keep the contract. After the Centene buyout, Centene's policies overrode those of HNFS, and understandably so, but due to Centene's California home base, and California's screwy laws, employees in that home state enjoyed benefits we elsewhere did not, and instead of extending those benefits to all employees, they restricted them only to those to whom the law required they be given.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees the same, regardless of location.

7. "An Employment Opportunity To Pass On"

Former Employee - Authorizations and Appointing Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Authorizations and Appointing Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Health Net Federal Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$14.25/hr pay, Monday-Friday 8a.m.-4:30p.m. schedule, that's about it.

Cons

All it is consists of numbers game & nothing else. No true caring about the Vet, definitely don't give a damn about the employee, just as long as you get those numbers. Lots of favoritism/cliques, no career advancement unless your buddy buddy w/management. God forbid you have a family emergency at home, you best believe you're still getting an occurrence or written up. Lot of backstabbing & even your own fellow team members with a hidden agenda. Lot of cheating that's completely ignored, especially if you're buddy buddy w/your supervisor, so long as your getting them they're numbers & horrendous corners cut. Insurance sucks because the one they pick for the company doesn't want to pay half the bills its responsible for. So ends up costing the employee more oop cost than anything, therefore foregoing medical care just due to not having the $$$ at that time due to bills & other necessary home life costs first.

Advice to Management

Recognize that these locations are making the numbers higher from what the contract says, making it very much a revolving door situation. Know that these sups & workers are cheating so the sups can keep their favorites(top performers that are cheating, we had one on our team who would fail an audit & file audit because she cut corners just for the sake of numbers). If the company cared more about the employees, it might not be a revolving door situation. Also change the advancement protocol around. I tried to apply to move up a position, had the qualifications, but was completely ignored, not even interviewed because my sup had her favorite as the person from our team dead set on. This didn't help my case either since she was doing the interview panel w/her bosses. So open your eyes to where you all are messing up & if you honestly want the company to survive.

"bleh"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Health Net Federal Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay $14/ hr customer service

Cons

everything else/ racist ppl/ expensive food at cafe ($7 for a damn salad)

Advice to Management

get a better trainer that focuses on employee success rather than "gotta keep moving forward even though everyone is lost" if you want employees to stick around, treat them well and understand we're humans and have responsibilities outside of work too.

9. "Be aware"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Health Net Federal Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible
    Nothing else
    Nothing else
    Good to say
    Work only Monday-Friday

Cons

Poor Management
    Favorites
    No career advancements unless you are close friends with the manager

Advice to Management

Treat your employee with respect.. You showed nothing but favoritism. Moved up people that hasn’t been there long and let go of the ones who been there for a long time. You only promote people of nationality, and that are close to you. You treat people unfair.. My advice is find somebody to replace you.

"Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Senior Contracts Administrator in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Contracts Administrator in Rancho Cordova, CA

Pros

Meaningful work that genuinely improves lives for beneficiaries. HNFS serves the military and Veteran communities with pride! I'm proud to work here.

Cons

Processes need to be streamlined and modernized. This can lead to a sense of resignation among folks who have been here for a while and frustration for those who are not used to it.