Health Net Reviews in Rancho Cordova, CA | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Health Net President, CEO, and Director Jay M. Gellert
Jay M. Gellert

Pros
  • Good work life balance, great people, everyone is like family, good benefits, your not micro-managed (in 22 reviews)

• Great co-workers, good benefits, some telecommuting allowed (in 29 reviews)

"Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Health Net full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary and benefits. Option to telecommute. Some people in select departments are extremely passionate about helping our members receive quality care and empowering our providers.

Cons

Many employees have low morale due to the merger and come to work everyday with a poor attitude which overflows to others. Training for new hires is nonexistent, which leads to inefficiency and low quality work. It takes forever to gain access to requisite software and systems to do your job. Network issues are rampant and it takes forever for IT to fix them. Some departments do not believe in data integrity and validation, so when you request data and reports from them, you have to check their work. When you find an issue or error in their work they give you attitude and refuse to correct their ways. These situations are not escalated because people would rather avoid conflict than change the system for the better. Lots of employees in the Sacramento office are incredibly unfriendly and keep to themselves, which makes the experience unpleasant when a person's entire department is at another location.

Advice to Management

Ensure that new hires receive appropriate training and access to key software/systems early on so they can hit the ground running. Take feedback about employees' poor attitudes seriously - instead of brushing it under the rug, try to understand why employees find some departments difficult to work with.

2. "Claims analyst"

Former Employee - Coordination of Benefits in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Coordination of Benefits in Rancho Cordova, CA

Pros

It's a job that paid me. Not much on the pro side unfortunately.

Cons

I was hired for a claims position. 2 weeks into training was told I wouldn't be in claims but coordination of benefits. Was in cob for a month and was told I'm going back to claims.

Advice to Management

Get organized and communicate!! Worst company I've worked for by far. Get it together management.

3. "Claims Examiner I"

Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Health Net full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of room to move around within the company.

Cons

There's no union so mandatory overtime is out of control. Has been ongoing for years (has not gone away yet). Too much micromanagement. Management is disorganized at times. Structure needs work.

Advice to Management

Need to put more time into planning when you know changes are coming to avoid "winging it" all the time. Issues should be dealt with as they come up and not later on down the line. Both issues put unnecessary stress on employees.

"I won't miss it."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Health Net full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My coworkers are wonderful people.

Cons

The systems never work, management doesn't know much about the products, too much favoritism and unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees than your bonus and they might hate it less.

"The employee comes last."

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Health Net full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. There's really not much else to say that's good about this company. It was fun keeping track of who was in charge of this sinking ship from week to week.

Cons

Everything and I mean everything comes before the employee. We were kept in the dark, decisions were made without input and then changed again and again.

Advice to Management

Merge with United Health Care and get it done

"Time for new new management"

Current Employee - ITG Associate in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - ITG Associate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Pros

Good benefits, before recent management decisions there was good team work.

Cons

Lacking senior management, poor ITG planning. Failed projects.
    Our HN One project was a MAJOR fiasco costing the company millions with NO net plus to the company and abandoned before completion. Our infrastructure is running on outdated systems and outdated thinking regarding the systems. We have a CEO with no vision or understanding that senior management bonuses for axing employees is not really good for the morale of the company and stock holders.
    The lack of vision and proper management has lead to the outsourcing and loss of valuable ITG associates leading to a loss of a knowledge base that will take a long time to recover from.

Advice to Management

Quit, find knowledgeable people and let them do their job.