Health Net Reviews | Glassdoor

Health Net Reviews

Updated July 25, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance, great people, everyone is like family, good benefits, your not micro-managed (in 23 reviews)

• Great co-workers, good benefits, some telecommuting allowed (in 30 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great culture despite frequent changes. If you can't be adaptable to change & have no sense of humor, you won't last."

Current Employee - Manager, Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Health Net full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People, culture, general building facilities. Strong camaraderie amongst staff, for the most part. Access to senior leadership is possible. If you are resourceful, and can think outside the box vs always just checking the box, you'll get noticed but it doesn't mean you'll get rightfully promoted.

Cons

Multitude of changes, most often not the right ones, therefore bringing chaos to day to day work. Lack of discipline. Some get promoted unnecessarily while others who contribute greatly go unnoticed and remain stuck in their positions.

Advice to Management

Listen to mid-level managers before making impactful organizational decisions. You have talented employees with a warranted voice and tons of experience. Learn about their skills, use them and reward them.

"Senior Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst, Senior in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst, Senior in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Health Net full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, growing industry, opportunities to transfer to countless different departments internally.

Cons

Large corporation - you are literally just a number. Depending on department, can be very strict on a rigid schedule, with no room for empathy or compassion (even among exempt employees!). Company is organized into fiefdoms, with constant politics and in-fighting, unless you are lucky enough to be hired by a boss you end up liking. Plus, it's health insurance. LITERALLY the most boring thing I can think of. I prefer to watch grass grow or paint dry.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like adults. Communicate. Allow flexibility for things like traffic accidents or sick kids. Consider more flexible schedules like working from home part of the time for exempt employees. It's 2017.

"Don't work for this company, especially this office!"

Former Employee - Data Support Specialist in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Data Support Specialist in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Health Net full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office was close to my house

Cons

I thought this company (formally Health Net) would be a good place to work, boy was I wrong! I really wish I had listened to my gut instincts and other reviews here on Indeed before I accepted this position. Working here was one of the worst experiences in my life. The work is hard, boring and not at all rewarding. Seriously, this job is very mentally difficult and they are strict about everything you do! The people here are not nice and can be rude and nasty if you have a question or need help, especially the leads and supervisors. I heard this company was bought out by another company (now Centene) and are moving most their jobs out of state. So I question if the Huntington Beach office will be around that much longer. You have been warned!

Advice to Management

Stop being so rude and nasty, you could risk getting sued!

"Business Development"

Former Employee - Business Development in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Health Net full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people working at Health Net are positive and enthusiastic - knowledge of health care and operating in the current environment

Cons

The business changes constantly because of political interference.

Advice to Management

Value the knowledge of the employees, Centene has negatively impacted the company culture.

5. "CSR 1"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Health Net full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only pro is that they are a 24hr call center so you could select the Evening schedule and so other things during the day.

Cons

Lots of work demanded from workers with not enough pay. I literally get paid more than a Lead at HN and I do way less work now at my new job.

Advice to Management

Better support & resources for your reps.

6. "HealthNet has been a great environment with amazing people with generosity and curtousy to provide to all."

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Health Net full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Set schedule. Weekends off. Friendly and helpful people. Exceptional training procedures and trainers. Overall great place to be.

Cons

The only real con is having to sit in one spot all day.

7. "Customer"

Pros

Good pay friendo Pol all

Cons

Stressfull at times a por of Work

Advice to Management

Need better benefits better pay

8. "Company Review"

Former Employee - Finance in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Finance in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Health Net full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company would try to stay competitive by trying new ways to run itself more efficiently. It offered good salaries and generous benefits. Employees were treated with respect and were empowered to express their opinions.

Cons

Tried to reduce General and Administration costs by out sourcing to the Nth degree. This caused many internal reorganizations almost on an annual basis, made work challenging.

Advice to Management

Don't loose Health Net's rich culture under the new administration.

9. "Authorization & Appointments setter"

I have been working at Health Net full-time

Pros

Good enviroment for the most part... Good benefits, good hours.

Cons

Supervisors were unprofessional they picked favorites on their team and if you werent one of their favorites it made working there very miserable. They fire you for missing more than 4 days in 1 year even if you have pto and your absences are excused, if your not one of their "favorites". They are always adding new rules and regulations daily and caused alot of employees to get frustrated.

Advice to Management

Hire better supervisors and make sure they are professional and fair to their whole team. Be fair to all employees when it comes to absences and dont treat some employees like crap because they dont make the most appointments offer them help if they are struggling.

10. "A Quality Operation"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Tigard, OR

I worked at Health Net full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High quality management and company leadership. Employees valued and supported. Work Life balance encouraged. More than most company's the aspirational goals regarding customers are much more than empty slogans. Women appear to have real opportunity for advancement.
    Employees work collaboratively and support one another.

Cons

Concern about ability of Health Net to continue now that it's been acquired by a larger company.