Health Partners Plans Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
William George

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Excellent Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I have been working at Health Partners Plans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, positive work atmosphere;
    The CEO cares about the employees and it shows throughout the company’s policies;
    The company provides a lot of opportunity for training and career advancement;
    The work atmosphere is better than any other company I have worked for so far;
    Employees, in general, are friendly and easy to work with;
    The company provides opportunities to volunteer
    in the community;
    The company and its employees really do care about its members;
    Lots of corporate events and employee perks that you won’t find in most companies.

Cons

The company is growing and experiencing some growing pains;
    A few managers are more concerned about their title and showing they are boss as opposed to working in the best interest of the company and the employees below them;
    Communication and cooperation between different departments could be improved.

Advice to Management

Employees should be well trained and nurtured; Investigate and look at the facts when errors occur, listen to your employees, acknowledge when a failure to train employees properly is at fault and correct future training;
    Anger and quick overreaction without evaluating the situation first rarely leads to productivity and open communication.

2. "Ageist organization! Highly political!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Health Partners Plans full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You do great work for the community- although that positive is totally overshadowed by the politics and back biting particularly in my department.

Cons

Upper and senior management is on a crusade to fire anyone who provides constructive criticism. I have seen too many talented older women let go for no good reason. They did nothing wrong; management painted them in a light where people would think they were failing. It's really upsetting that this company which showcases such great qualities to the public undermines those core values behind closed doors.

Advice to Management

Be an inclusive work environment where politics and cliques aren't involved. Listen to employee opinions. Don't just hire people that are complicit and stroke your very large ego. Just because you age beyond 50 doesn't mean that you're totally useless! I hope that you don't tell your customers that, because you probably wouldn't have a business and provide Medicare to anyone. I am actively looking for a job as are many other people in my department. The high turnover rate should speak for itself; I hope to not be here much.

"Culture change"

I have been working at Health Partners Plans full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are great people still here at health partner that will help guide your career in the right direction

Cons

Upper management need to be more in tuned with what going on in there departments and most of the time it caused by them.

"Down the tubes"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I worked at Health Partners Plans full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits and good location, convenient to transportation.

Cons

Don't hold the right people accountable.

Advice to Management

Time to re-evaluate who produces and who does not.

"A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS - in IT !!!"

I have been working at Health Partners Plans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work with most people. Most people are friendly, helpful, resourceful and respectful towards one another as I'm sure the CEO has mentioned we should ALL be towards one another, regardless of title or position. WE ARE ALL PEOPLE - WE ARE ALL THE SAME.

Cons

It is a series of unfortunate events indeed, that have surrounded the environment of this company. People were once happy to work for such a great company. Now it is driven by change, which I'm sure would be received with open arms for the better of the company. However the message is being delivered by a few that feel they are omnipotent. They deliver the messages through non-sense filled presentations that mean absolutely nothing to those with common sense and the delivery of the message is sent with aggressiveness, condescension, bullying, threats such as comments stating, your job can easily be replaced. People are coming out of meetings in shock and disappointment at how they or their peers are being spoken to. Seeking mediation from HR has not been of no help. As HR pretty much says to the employees, "Just deal with it". HR sees complaints as just disgruntle employees, when in fact these employees are being treated with injustice.

Advice to Management

Respect each other and others. Speak like you would like to be spoken to and not yell and blast those that you work with. Our company was once one of the Best Places to Work. I still believe it can be. Change will happen, but you have to change first in order to be successful. Hope the CEO and new Higher Management can help rectify this wrong and see past the Eclipse.

"Not as good as it used to be"

I have been working at Health Partners Plans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location is convenient.
    Positive impact in community.
    Has one of the best CEO's out there.

Cons

Difficult to move from within-management gives positions to friends regardless of ability and posts positions already knowing who's getting the job.
    Friendly, family environment is gone and only seen if CEO is around.
    Management has no people skills. Upper management will pass your desk three times a day and never greet you.
    Company is very top heavy- many managers with only three or four direct reports.
    Employee morale quickly declining.

Advice to Management

Attitude trickles down. Non-management staff should not be the only ones expected to treat people right. If management is standoffish and mean, what do you expect the staff to be? CEO is amazing but those who report to him are not truthful about the current employee experience. Negative and superior attitudes even exist in HR so it's doubtful any meaningful change can come. This company will suffer in the long run if it continues to ignore its internal problems and emerging negative reputation among current and prospective employees.

7. "Administrative Assistant"

I have been working at Health Partners Plans full-time

Pros

Great place for company growth

Cons

There are no cons in my opinion

"IT Department"

I have been working at Health Partners Plans full-time

Pros

- Good Company minus the IT department
    - Friendly Environment minus the IT department
    - Decent Pay
    - Lenient dress code
    - Great location

Cons

- IT hires management with poor skill-sets and poor management ability
    - The IT departments' failure in hiring competent people for the job
    - All new changes are met with resistance
    - Best practices for IT is called "my rules because I think I am smart"
    - College graduates with no experience can perform better than the IT analyst
    - IT analyst with no experience are in charge
    - No one in the IT department has any experience in the "REAL WORLD"
    - Everyone minus a few in the IT department are as effective as monkeys
    - Morale of the team can't be measured, there is none
    - Consultant can run the team with the same power as the CIO and bullies everyone
    - People in the IT department are so cocky and clueless, they fail to look in the mirror to see how deficient their brains are
    - Data Modeling should be called flow charts, it is done incorrectly and stupidly
    - CIO does nothing
    - Simple "CLEANSING" of the team should fix many issues

Advice to Management

Someone needs to clean the house, the hiring of the majority if not all of the "new" management and contractors is a mistake. Keeping the source of the issues (employees with the most seniority) is a very bad idea. Removing some full-time cancers is a good start. There is no culture, no trust, no morale, no leadership and the ultimate goal of everyone in the IT department is to bring people down.

9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Health Care Data Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Health Care Data Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Health Partners Plans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. High growth potential. Great Location. Access by bus or train.

Cons

Growing pains. Can be a little cliquey

"Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Health Partners Plans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO hands out holidays and free money all the time.

Cons

Culture. Very hostile work environment

Advice to Management

None.