Health Services Advisory Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mary Ellen Dalton

Pros
  • Ability to travel, great benefits (in 4 reviews)

• Great people throughout the company (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Executive management is too insular, the offices outside of Arizona receive little or no oversight (in 3 reviews)

• Now that I work somewhere that allows staff to work from home, I'm more frustrated than ever because no one holds my peers accountable (in 3 reviews)

1. "Quality Control Coordinator"

I have been working at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, excellent working conditions, compressed work schedules, and excellent holiday package.

Cons

In need of a better way for incorporating new employees.

Feb 22, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your feedback and review. We're pleased to hear that you're enjoying HSAG's benefits, work environment/culture and not to mention... 13 paid holiday's per year! Our Executive Management ... More

2. "HSAG Continues to Improve"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

HSAG has come a long way in the past few years and continues to improve. It is an excellent company for people just graduating and looking for a company they can learn from, or for those who have been in the workforce and are looking for a company to call "home." The company consists of hardworking and intelligent individuals with fantastic support teams (Finance, HR, etc.).

Cons

It can be challenging to have HR and Finance located in a different office.

Jan 23, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the feedback! We continually try to improve our processes and business practices to make it better for the employee. While HR and ... More

"Not for everyone"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

well known company within healthcare community.

Cons

The company has a incredibly high turn-over. There is a lot of nepotism within the company. A LOT. Those happiest are those whose main focus are an outside sources (kids, travel, etc). The company is ran with a very small business mentality where you will be nickeled and dimed for not parking in the correct airport lot when the difference is a dollar but asked to pay for work related travel out of pocket to be reimbursed 6-8 weeks later. I have witnessed outside contractors not being paid for 6 months. "duties as assigned" clause in job descriptions will be used to its full effect. A predominated female environment, there isn't very much diversity or individuals that are culturally sensitive.

"Employee experience depends on who your manager is."

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group full-time

Pros

There are some really great people to work with who want to do their best. There are A FEW excellent managers.

Cons

Probably the most cliquish and political place I've ever worked at in my life - at the Program Director level. If one has a problem with you they will poison the rest regardless of the reason - making your life miserable. If you are favored you can do what you like. If not it will not matter how hard you work or how good your work is. Sadly I've seen them let too many good people go.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at the Tampa location - at the Program Directors. It could use a bit of housecleaning. Don't keep people who aren't good managing the contract just because they are named on it.

Jan 30, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your feedback! We will work with the Executive Management Team in Florida in an effort to determine opportunities for improvement.

6. "Favoritism, Nepotism, and Incompetence Live Here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are many great talented employees that really care about health care quality and the other people they work with.
    The pay is above average for area and field
    Junior employees can learn a lot about health care

Cons

Executive management "manages" in cycles of neglect followed by micromanagement
    Executive management tolerates and participates in favoritism
    Someone that is a favorite is allowed to do almost anything: scream, treat other employees with disrespect, not do their jobs, etc.
    Nepotism is widespread and friends and family of executive management are promoted over those with superior skills and experience.
    If you are not a favorite or family you will do their work. You will be working long into the night as the favorites and family drive away in their BMWs promptly at 5:00 pm.
    If you are not a favorite executive management will ignore your advice and when things go south blame you.
    If you are not a favorite, the minute a contract ends you will be fired.
    Executive management feels entitled to do anything they want, ignoring the advice of HR in doing so. (Definitely agree with other reviewer that HR are the secret heros at HSAG). And speaking of entitled, take a look at the positive reviews of HSAG. Don't they read remarkably the same?

Advice to Management

Agree with other reviewers. Management is the problem. They should retire and clear out all the deadwood friends, favorites and family. Let the people that have been doing the work run the company.

Jan 30, 2017 – HR

HSAG appreciates all feedback in an effort to improve. All Glassdoor reviews are referred directly to the Executive Management Team for discussion regarding improvement opportunities.

7. "The Tampa office location is extremely responsive to staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Tampa management is listening to staff about coworkers who are not pulling their weight. They try to help these non productive staff improve or they help them to move on.

Cons

Sometimes I wonder why management wastes time trying to help people who really just do not want to do a good day's work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I love working at the Tampa office.

Dec 12, 2016 – HR

Thank you for your feedback! Management will be coached to analyze each employee's level of motivation to work.

8. "Best Company Ever"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Leadership focused on employee satisfaction, retention, wellness, work/life balance, creativity and innovation, balance of hard work with ample social activities during holidays, gives and supports employee giving to the community for social causes, animal protection, and cancer awareness, provides a more generous compensation packet than anyone's standard, supports veterans, and has an amazing reputation within the community as being a highly reliable company that is respected as a leader in healthcare quality.

Cons

After almost 2 years of employment, I can't come up with a con.

Advice to Management

Integrate leader rounding into your weekly schedule to increase visibility to employees. Create a standard employee orientation/on boarding program, regardless of role that provides overview of company purpose, mission, vision, business lines, tools and resources, safety, etc.

Dec 12, 2016 – HR

Thank you, those are excellent suggestions! HSAG's management team & HR department will build this into our strategic plan.

"Nepotism Abounds"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice building and nice location. Tarbell's is a very nice restaurant and is just across the street...

Cons

If you are not a relative or close friend of the family, promotion is not in your future. If you are ok with reaching a certain position and remaining there throughout your career, this is the company for you. Nepotism. Cliche-y. Few resources for advancement. Too much travel for some.

Advice to Management

See above.

Dec 12, 2016 – HR

Thank you for your constructive feedback. Out of our 600+ employees, there are four that are considered relatives. Anyone related must work in a separate division and have no reporting relationship ... More

"Don't work here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of workmates are nice

Cons

If you want a bad experience, just try there.

Dec 2, 2016 – HR

HSAG welcomes any specific feedback that impacted your feelings and decision. We welcome criticism and will use it to improve our organization. Please feel free to contact our HR department.

11. "Heathcare Analyst I"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team to work with.

Cons

So far there are no cons

Advice to Management

The management has been doing a good job