Health Services Advisory Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Mary Ellen Dalton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Decision making should be delegated further into departments (in 5 reviews)

• Senior management only concern is hitting their scorecards to make their bonuses (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to work and grow."

I have been working at Health Services Advisory Group full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits, great working environment.

Cons

Need more feedback from upper management on personal performance.

Advice to Management

Would be nice to have a career pathway to be able to stay and grow in company.

Apr 18, 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review! We're so happy to hear you're enjoying the benefits... just one of the many perks our employees can take advantage of while working at HSAG. Our positive and collaborative... More

2. "Project Manager"

Pros

Amazing company to work for with regard to employee benefits, work-life balance etc.

Cons

Tampa office senior executive needs to improve his leadership skills.

3. "Love this employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting Healthcare work
    Fun atmosphere
    Cares about their employees
    Good salaries

Cons

I really enjoyed working there, I would still be there but I got a better opportunity!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do :)

4. "Bad Environment"

Former Employee - IT Geek
    Former Employee - IT Geek

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group full-time

Pros

Great pay, perks and coworkers

Cons

The CIO is a clueless, self-absorbed jerk with zero leadership or people skills, who scapegoats his subordinates to cover his own butt. He lies and takes no accountability while simultaneously running IT into the ground.

Advice to Management

Get rid of incompetent members of the C suite.

"Left to find a better environment"

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay was good. coworkers were great

Cons

management was the reason i left. Beware if you are considering HSAG for employment.

Advice to Management

Changes need to happen if you want to keep quality employees

6. "Consultant"

Pros

I don't know of any pro's

Cons

Worst leadership, C'suite doesn't take accountability. clueless when it comes to Health care initiatives. Looks for a scapegoat to get them out of their "hot seat". Plus they have no confidence in their employees. Sadly, Overall I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Get off your "high horse" Be accountable for your MISTAKES. Believe it or not you have them and pay the quality people you do have more money.

May 3, 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear about your experience while working at HSAG. Our Executive Management Team is always striving to improve its leadership abilities, communication skills... More

"great"

Pros

work with very smart and talented individuals

Cons

not enough communication between departments

Mar 8, 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review. HSAG’s employees are talented and we are very fortunate to have them work for our company. We will continue to strive to improve communication within the organization and... More

8. "Good Company - would recommend to a friend"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits
    Nice People
    Promote from Within
    Competitive Salary

Cons

Training - Improve onboarding and training for new managers.
    Evaluations - Provide feedback to employees. They should know about the good and the bad. Sometimes there is a tendency to keep quite when there is a problem with an employee's work instead of addressing it with them directly.

Advice to Management

Overall, a good company to work for. Don't be afraid to provide feedback, negative and positive, to employees. If they understand what they are doing wrong, most of the time it can be corrected.
    Also, don't let the negativity of some of the reviews make you change too much. It's a good company, that is striving to be a great place to work, with a commitment to high quality.

Mar 8, 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback regarding training as this is something we are working to improve throughout the organization. In terms of feedback, HSAG encourages all... More

"Great Company - Some Poor Leadership"

Former Employee - Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoy the other team members and our mission. I loved working with customers especially in the field. Love the healthcare environment.

Cons

One particular manager located in Tucson has caused numerous employees to leave with more exits coming soon without immediate change. The top performers are looking to leave because of one individuals actions. Poor decision making abounds since they don't value input from employees.

Advice to Management

Don't keep poor leadership in place that is not delivering results or if they driving great employees to leave. Value input and ideas from employees and empower them to improve the company.

Jan 9, 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed working closely with your team members and aligned well with HSAG’s mission! A bonus of working in healthcare is that most people truly... More

"Constraining, micro-managing, plays to opposite of your strengths and indirect of any kind is essentially nonexistent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group full-time

Pros

Competitive salary, very talented staff and very interesting projects. However the benefits of these key areas is more than offset by the senior leadership approach which severely constrains and handcuffs staff.

Cons

Nonexistent overhead for anything like training or travel unless billed to contract and/or approved by the CEO; micro-management abounds within and across offices, constraining staff growth and limiting staff ability to take ownership of a project or part of a project, and preventing most staff from being accountable and visible. Little to no proactive budget management and obtaining a budget projection requires 3-4 levels and layers of escalation—very inefficient.

This results in excessive and excruciating micro-management and senior leadership involvement in tasks and efforts that could and should be handled more efficiently and most cost-effective by very talented but lower level staff or management. Also results in staff rarely working to their highest level of certification or education and instead there is little to no trust in staff by management to do the job they were hired to do. The lack of trust with staff below VP level, to the point of every formal and informal deliverable being scrutinized essentially kills staff morale.

Advice to Management

Reorganize leadership, rethink your approach, and take a hard look in the mirror.

Jan 9, 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review. In order to retain top talent, we have committed to providing our employees with a competitive compensation and benefits package. It’s great to know this is recognized by... More