Health Shared Services Ontario "good benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Health Shared Services Ontario Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Sep 8, 2019

3.6
Health Shared Services Ontario CEO Stacey Daub
Stacey Daub
Pros
  • "Good Benefits, Unionize, Excellent Team and Management(in 7 reviews)

• "Good people and good place to be(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Nice company with short vision from the senior management team"

in Toronto, ON

I worked at Health Shared Services Ontario for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Friendly working environment 2. Good products helping out the home/community care 3. Good benefits

Cons

1. As an employee, lack of opportunities to grow 2. As an organization, lack of opportunities to expand

Health Shared Services Ontario2017-07-20
  2. "Team Assistant"

I worked at Health Shared Services Ontario

Pros

- Good benefits. - Decent pay. - Low stress, don't take any work home. - Good starting vacation time. - Overall, worked as a team.

Cons

- Management not trained well, not good at mitigating conflict, did not help to create a good work environment, did not take employees thoughts or concerns seriously, was not empathetic or sympathetic. - 0 room for growth.

Advice to Management

- More training for managers on how to actually manage a team of people. - More opportunities for growth within the company will entice employees to stay for longer, reduce turnover and hiring fees.

Health Shared Services Ontario2016-12-03
  3. "Good Environment"

Analyst

I worked at Health Shared Services Ontario

Pros

-good benefits -friendly staff. -awesome managers who are very understanding

Cons

-pay is low and progression on pay scale is not much

Health Shared Services Ontario2016-05-12

"Used to be a good place to work"

I have been working at Health Shared Services Ontario

Pros

Good Benefits, drug plan, HOOPP

Cons

Down-top, authoritative, secretive, micro-managers. Mediocre salaries. Lack of flexibility. Highly politicized atmosphere.

Advice to Management

This used to be a good place to work, then everything became politicized and the micromanagement began. Rather than being inspired to do excellent work, now people are inspired to hunker down and stay out of the firing line. Culture change from the top is needed.

Health Shared Services Ontario2016-04-19

"very toxic working environment with dissatisfied staff. CEO and her her executive staff are ineffective and threatening"

I have been working at Health Shared Services Ontario full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good pay good benefits staff plan most of their own day tasks with little intervention by the managers secure government job with a strong union

Cons

CEO and her executive staff are alienated from front line staff. Promotion of toxic environment by CEO and her executive staff. CEO and Executive seem to have lots of opportunities to get higher level ( MBA degrees!) on taxpayer dime - many days away from their job. CEO needs to step down but likely will not happen as Board is very unaware of front line staff dissatisfaction. Stress of working in this... environment not worth money and benefits. Public taxpayer money being wasted in soooo much administrative cost and ineffective meetings it is highway robbery. Lots of fancy promotional information and statistics do not tell the real story to the public. Consultants abound - who is doing all the work instead of management???

Advice to Management

Board needs to take a closer look at lack of satisfaction and respect for CEO and her team and hire more effective managers. Board needs to take a close look at all the management staff who have left over the last year and continue to leave this year and question why the exodus of these good people.

Health Shared Services Ontario2015-01-01

"huge downward spiral over past 6 years with more to come(:"

Former Employee - Case Manager in London, ON

I worked at Health Shared Services Ontario full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Thanks to a great union we had good benefits which are slowly being eroded. I learned how to become a corporate minion. I learned in this organization people you should respect don't necessarily respect you, and may say and do two different things. (Just take a look at your Annual Review in your Personnel file..) I learned not to trust government. I learned the value of documentation (to cover my back) and that... it's almost impossible to work for an employer which is not honest to it's employees. I learned how upset I become when I see my colleagues so stressed they get hives, shingles, elevated blood pressure, sleepless nights. One office even had co-workers physically fighting with each other because of the unreasonable workload and demands placed on them. If there's a new project or program, you pretty much have to figure it out yourself, sorry if you're working alone on late shift. I learned my top priorities are is my health and happiness. Getting sick and stressing out about work? Not worth it.

Cons

Management should look at the faces, the body language of their staff to see how they feel about working in an oppressive environment. If you don't care, start caring or please leave. Is there no "care" in Health care? Management should take on the responsibility of advising clients of changes in service; don't leave it on the CM who will then just be vilified by client & family. How do you think this feels? Do you... care? Enhance work-life balance: who wants to be told that now they have to work nights, weekends, especially in the last few years of their career or if they day care problems? Work together to figure out a way to cover these shifts, not just what works in London. Hello: smaller offices can be much more efficient. Consider the client and family when making service changes, not just what the current *Popular Project* is. Why is there a higher value placed on intensive service for a small group? Does this speak to equity and fairness? And last but not least, let's be realistic. Too much money is spent on manager salaries. There are way too many upper and middle managers, and many do not have the training or skill set to be affective. Promotion does not equal training. Take this recent example: a manager demanded her staff to come in to a certain office on a day of terrible weather instead of working out of an office closer to their home "just because." Staff in other offices were given this option which was more respectful and allowed for staff safety; did it really matter where staff worked that day? A well known understanding in the field of HR: people leave their managers, not their jobs. I did.

Advice to Management

Flush and start over. Talk to clients. Talk to staff. Come up with a plan and adjust it over time. What is so complicated about that?

Health Shared Services Ontario2014-03-13