Health Wright Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 20, 2019

2.4
Mark Vieceli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growth and Positivity"

I have been working at Health Wright Products full-time

Pros

-A rapidly growing company
    -Opportunity for personal growth is abundant
    -Good benefits package
    -Everyone seems optimistic and happy
    -Friendly co-workers
    -Strong safety culture
    -Fantastic bonus program

Cons

-Not enough parking spaces
    -Typical company growing pains
    -No vacation for first 12 months

Advice to Management

Growing pains are a great way to weed out weakness in systems

Jan 8, 2019 – HR Representative

Thank you for your review! We are glad to know that you are having a good experience at Health Wright Products. We strive to be the manufacturer and employer of choice. We do put a lot of energy in... More

"Everyone that works here is miserable"

I have been working at Health Wright Products full-time

Pros

A few empathetic and dedicated leaders that truly care about their teams.

Cons

There is a huge lack of structure and support. The upper management have no idea about what is truly going on and it is clear that the owner puts employee treatment as the lowest priority. Unreasonable expectations and goals are set, and production is pushed to make as much as possible, without regard to quality, and then are reprimanded for not doing enough after working months of mandatory Saturdays. The mission of the company is purely greed driven, and is willing to do whatever it takes, whether it is ethical, moral, or even legal, as long as it is profitable growth. The turnover rate is very high, and very few qualified people remain to train new employees, thus new people are training newer people, creating constant issues. The company is so focused on growth that it is willing to neglect people, assuming they are replaceable, yet struggles to hire and keep any new employees. Every employee I know is very unhappy with the structure and treatment, and morale is incredibly low. I have seen many people crying at work regularly. HR allows supervisors and managers to verbally attack and yell at employees with no repercussions. And many of these events go unreported, as everyone is aware that HR is not trustworthy and more people are scared of the HR team than feel comfortable reporting anything. As a whole, very unprofessional, top to bottom. The amount of stress is not worth the below industry-average wage.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge that your employees are human beings and treat them as such. Focus on retaining employees.

"Just (Don't) Do It"

I worked at Health Wright Products full-time

Pros

* a lot of great people, and opportunities for friendships

Cons

* low morale/mostly unhappy employees
    * negative culture
    * extremely high turnover
    * focus is on getting product out of the building, and not necessarily on quality
    * no vacation for 1 year
    * the bonus is not guaranteed
    * lack of training
    * the president/owner inappropriately brings up politics, and too often
    * employees are disposable, and management does little to retain talent (potlucks to which employees must bring their own food, two company sponsored lunches a year, and a holiday party very few attend don't make up for low wages and incompetent managers)

To do well, you need to be a compliant soldier, and you can't have any self respect. There's a reason 90% of the departments change at least once a year. Overall, this is not a good company to work for. But if you're desperate or need to build your resume, it can be an acceptable temporary solution, much like what most of the employees are to HWP's management.

Advice to Management

None. The purpose of this review is to warn potential employees against wasting their talent and time at HWP, not tell fixtures in management something they already know but continue to do nothing about.

Jan 8, 2019 – HR Representative

Thank you taking the time to submit a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the people that you worked with. Our goal is to hire the best! We take great pride in this. We are very sorry to... More

"For your own health and well-being...avoid this place!"

I worked at Health Wright Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits and there are truly some bright, talented employees in each department with a lot to offer.

Cons

*A leader with a temper who does not seek to learn from others; rather, it's more of a 'do what you're told' environment. Employees act more out of fear than confidence and optimism.
    *TURNOVER...and a lot of it in every department (consider yourself warned and be sure to question them about this if interviewing)
    *You will hear all about the 'MISSION/VISION/VALUES' but they are not consistently adhered to nor demonstrated by leadership.
    *Questionable HR ethics (they are not your ally nor to be trusted...they are there only to protect themselves and carry out what the president wants)
    *The overwhelming feeling that your work is never enough. Love the feeling of accomplishment that can follow a hard day's work? You will work hard, but the good feelings seem few and far between here.

Advice to Management

Genuinely appreciate and daily encourage those who choose to risk their mental well-being and put up with the high stress/little gratitude day-to-day environment that exists. Diligently seek to understand the skills, talents, of each individual - you may be pleasantly surprised at what you find.

Jan 8, 2019 – HR Representative

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you recognize the level of talent we have in our employees. We strive to hire the best!
    We also appreciate the recognition the... More

5. "Leadership/Manager"

I have been working at Health Wright Products full-time

Pros

Great working environment, smart people to work with, fast paced, family oriented.

Cons

I haven't experienced any yet.

Sep 20, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thank you for reviewing us!
    Our employees are key in helping us recruit top talent such as themselves with reviews on our social media. Your list of “Pros” are all great items that contribute to... More

"Looking for another job immediately"

Former Employee - Runner in Clackamas, OR
    Former Employee - Runner in Clackamas, OR

I worked at Health Wright Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People working inside manufacturing were really nice and welcoming.

Cons

Working in the washroom without any ventilation created an extremely uncomfortable environment for the washer. Having to wear a full body suit surrounded by steam caused extreme perspiration to build up inside the body suit. This threatened the cleanliness of the powder.

Having a temp train a hired-on employee creates resentment from temps who earn $2.00 less an hour for the same work.

Working mandatory overtime on Saturdays for almost a year.

HR had me clock out 2hrs early and leave one day to not be paid overtime for the week. Was extremely upset since i came there to work.

Was overlooked an entry level position that they were having trouble filling with temps. The reason being they would be able to pay a lower wage to a temp rather than a hired-on employee.

Advice to Management

Listen to the production workers who have to work hands-on with the powder.

Mar 22, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear that you had a good experience with our workforce being nice and welcoming. This is an area that we pride ourselves in. We regret to hear that your... More

"Great Place to Work"

I worked at Health Wright Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Wright is a great place to work. This is a privately owned company that is constantly growing. A pro of that growth is exciting change and more opportunities for employee growth as positions evolve. The owner does care about employees. Some fun perks above the benefits i had experienced were a employer paid food truck on site (night shift too), Timbers tickets, and potlucks. Managers do care about employees growth (mine did). But, employees need to show that they are serious about promotions. I also was able to experience changes that allowed for less overtime and more work/life balance.
    Comments or suggestions were encouraged. The owner would even read them at each company meeting so all employees knew about the suggestion and what had been done about it.

Cons

One con is that with growth you experience a lot of change which can sometimes be difficult for people to navigate. Especially rapid growth. I learned that if I was unsure of anything to just ask my supervisor or manager or hr.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do!

Feb 21, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you found our growth exciting and could see the opportunities that come with it. We love that too! We completely hear you about how constant growth... More

"The lowest morale I have ever witnessed."

Pros

Possibly, some benefits (401K, annual bonus).

Cons

I wouldn’t recommend anyone who has some brains to waste your time and efforts working for this company.
    The core values turned upside down here. Culture is degrading from the very top. The more company’s money flow the less they care about quality of their product. I personally would never buy those dietary supplements.
    Management and HR are the most unprofessional I have ever seen in my career. If you come with the problem, that means you are the problem that has to be eliminated. Bosses are getting away with using foul language and creating hostile work environment. Unfortunately, intelligent and highly professional people are not welcome to this company. The less you think and ask questions and the more efforts you put to please bosses’ ego, the better chances for you to work here more than a year and even be promoted. It’s up to you to decide.

Advice to Management

Less politics and more business. Attend anger management classes with quizzes. Work on your IQ. Treat people with respect. They make you huge money for living.

Feb 21, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thank you for reviewing Health Wright Products. We’re happy to hear that our benefits were a positive element of your time with us. We regret to hear that you did not have an equally positive... More

"It was the worst job I have ever had"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

I worked at Health Wright Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give you a yearly bonus very clean environment a eazy job to have

Cons

Turn over rate is crazy especially on swing shift and that's mostly because of the supervisor she would talk to you like a child and would randomly come in the pack room yelling and cursing most of the worker been there les than a year

Advice to Management

Needs to switch out some of the managers and worry more about taking care of there employees treating them better

Feb 21, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thank you for reviewing Health Wright Products. We’re pleased to hear you comment on our clean environment, this is something that we take seriously. We regret hearing about your experiences with... More

"Its a Job"

I have been working at Health Wright Products full-time

Pros

Medical is Ok, not the best or the worse

Cons

Raises are a joke, work enviorment is rediculous machines are all half working constant head ache working there and a high turn over rate of people with 1+ years of employment and new hires aswell

Advice to Management

Get out of the penthouse upstairs and pay more attention to the needs of the production workers

Feb 21, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thank you for your review. It's unfortunate to hear that you have had this experience at Health Wright Products. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us and will be shared with our management... More