Health Wright Products Reviews

Updated Dec 17, 2019

2.8
Health Wright Products President and Co-Founder Mark Wright (no image)
Mark Wright

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Blender in Clackamas, OR

I have been working at Health Wright Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Everyone from your department lead to the owner, Mark Wright himself, are very involved in the day to day processes. The leadership team is approachable and very helpful in getting what I need to do my job. If I'm struggling with my job because of timing of lack of training and experience, they're not afraid to jump in and help out or train me where I'm lacking the knowledge necessary. - The people I directly work with are very pleasant and helpful in assisting me and further training me when necessary. - The hourly wage is very generous. - They provide more paid Holidays off then typical companies (including Black Friday and Christmas Eve). - During heavy snow days they compensate their employees an EXTRA $10 an hour if you're able to make it in to work. - The company is rapidly growing and therefore provides many advancement opportunities. - Once a month the Owner and CEO hold meetings with the employees called "Roundtable Meetings," allowing the opportunity to give feedback on your specific position or job, presenting both pros and cons of your given job and trouble shooting them as needed. - Every 3 months Health Wright Products holds a huge quarterly meeting, involving all employees, discussing how we've done for each quarter, the year and what's forecasted for the remainder of the year. - Every December the company hosts a grand Holiday party for all HWP employees. It's a joy to go to. - While basically ALL the overtime is required, there really isnt that much overtime needed. I think theres just enough to give you a healthy work/life balance and keep your wallet happy. I plan to work at Health Wright Products for a long while. It will be hard for me to find a job better.

Cons

- I wish HWP would offer to buy new shoes for their production employees. Shoes specific for work because your normal shoes will never be the same again.

Health Wright Products2019-12-17
  2. "Great people and opportunity for hard workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

I have been working at Health Wright Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

The manufacturing teams are full of a lot of great people that are fun to work with. Many 15+ year employees which helps for training. -Lots of opportunity for growth -leadership are positive and knowledgable -Owner, executives and managers are always around -New expansion is very nice

Cons

-Training relies too much on tribal knowledge -A lot of machines overdue for maintenance

Health Wright Products2019-12-14
  3. "It's a job"

Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at Health Wright Products full-time

Pros

Needed a job, they gave me a job

Cons

Benefits and communication could be better

Health Wright Products2019-12-04
  4. "Great Company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate

I worked at Health Wright Products full-time

Pros

Owner works hard and is at company

Cons

This company has grown very fast in the last few years and it has lead to some issues with inventory

Health Wright Products2019-09-17

September 18, 2019HR Representative

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us feedback. It means a lot. Mark Wright does work very hard to help HWP meet our goals. The success of the business and the success of the employees are very important to him. Growing fast is a good problem to have but you are correct, we have had some inventory issues. We have worked hard to fix them. This has included adding regular cycle counts to our process. We also did a full inventory last week. We are very dedicated to fixing this so that our employees have what they need to do their jobs. If you have any other feedback, please reach out to your former HR team as we are always looking for ways to improve.

5. "More opportunity for existing employees"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Clackamas, OR

I have been working at Health Wright Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good co-workers . I enjoy working with my teammates and other people in the departments

Cons

Bad management and the system . This need to improve to keep employees.

Health Wright Products2019-09-14

September 18, 2019HR Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. It makes us happy to hear that you enjoy the people that you get to work with at HWP. We take great pride in our hiring practices. We regret to hear that you did not have an equally positive experience with members of management. We actively encourage employee feedback and suggestions through comment boxes onsite and through our portal. We would be interested in hearing more from you about this, and encourage you to reach out to any member of the HR team. Feedback plays a very important role in growth.

"Everyone that works here is miserable"

I have been working at Health Wright Products full-time

Pros

A few empathetic and dedicated leaders that truly care about their teams.

Cons

There is a huge lack of structure and support. The upper management have no idea about what is truly going on and it is clear that the owner puts employee treatment as the lowest priority. Unreasonable expectations and goals are set, and production is pushed to make as much as possible, without regard to quality, and then are reprimanded for not doing enough after working months of mandatory Saturdays. The mission of the company is purely greed driven, and is willing to do whatever it takes, whether it is ethical, moral, or even legal, as long as it is profitable growth. The turnover rate is very high, and very few qualified people remain to train new employees, thus new people are training newer people, creating constant issues. The company is so focused on growth that it is willing to neglect people, assuming they are replaceable, yet struggles to hire and keep any new employees. Every employee I know is very unhappy with the structure and treatment, and morale is incredibly low. I have seen many people crying at work regularly. HR allows supervisors and managers to verbally attack and yell at employees with no repercussions. And many of these events go unreported, as everyone is aware that HR is not trustworthy and more people are scared of the HR team than feel comfortable reporting anything. As a whole, very unprofessional, top to bottom. The amount of stress is not worth the below industry-average wage.

Health Wright Products2019-03-21

March 29, 2019HR Representative

We appreciate you taking time out of your day to give us feedback and for recognizing our leadership. They truly are dedicated to the success of all the employees. We are sorry to hear that you do not feel like your experience with the rest of the team has been a positive one. Our mission is “Exceeding our customers expectations in quality, service, and value while maintaining profitable growth.” Our vision is “To innovate and lead the Health and Nutrition industry to be the manufacturer and employer of choice.” Our values are "Integrity first, Accuracy always, Teamwork, Accountability required, Improve Continuously". We believe you can not have one without the others. We are always looking at our processes and seeing what we need to do to be able to make sure we are living true to our Mission, Vision and Values. As for turnover, we are on the low end of what is normal in the state of Oregon in Manufacturing, but we are working hard at trying to get better! We recognize good training is at the core of a good business and we take this very seriously. We have started implementing Round Table meetings with the company owner and the CEO where they meet with all the employees throughout the year to get feedback about what is important and meaningful to them and what they think we need to do to get better. We encourage you to engage in this forum. The HR team is always available and encourages employees to bring forth concerns so they can be addressed.

"Just (Don't) Do It"

I worked at Health Wright Products full-time

Pros

* a lot of great people, and opportunities for friendships

Cons

* low morale/mostly unhappy employees * negative culture * extremely high turnover * focus is on getting product out of the building, and not necessarily on quality * no vacation for 1 year * the bonus is not guaranteed * lack of training * the president/owner inappropriately brings up politics, and too often * employees are disposable, and management does little to retain talent (potlucks to which employees must bring their own food, two company sponsored lunches a year, and a holiday party very few attend don't make up for low wages and incompetent managers) To do well, you need to be a compliant soldier, and you can't have any self respect. There's a reason 90% of the departments change at least once a year. Overall, this is not a good company to work for. But if you're desperate or need to build your resume, it can be an acceptable temporary solution, much like what most of the employees are to HWP's management.

Health Wright Products2018-12-26

January 8, 2019HR Representative

Thank you taking the time to submit a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the people that you worked with. Our goal is to hire the best! We take great pride in this. We are very sorry to hear that the rest of your experience was not as positive. Our goal is to create a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to learn and grow through our training program, which we are always looking at ways we can improve. The quality of our product is just as important as to the success of our business as the quantity in which we can produce. We have been focusing on the growth of our Quality department to ensure that we have the all right people in place to make sure we are always sending our customers the highest-quality product. We are constantly looking at our Benefit package as a whole and welcome any feedback regarding what is important to people. We recently had a company meeting where we asked all our employees what was important to them and made some great changes due to the feedback we received. We welcome you to reach out to your former HR Representative to share your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.

8. "Growth and Positivity"

I have been working at Health Wright Products full-time

Pros

-A rapidly growing company -Opportunity for personal growth is abundant -Good benefits package -Everyone seems optimistic and happy -Friendly co-workers -Strong safety culture -Fantastic bonus program

Cons

-Not enough parking spaces -Typical company growing pains -No vacation for first 12 months

Health Wright Products2018-08-24

January 8, 2019HR Representative

Thank you for your review! We are glad to know that you are having a good experience at Health Wright Products. We strive to be the manufacturer and employer of choice. We do put a lot of energy in to offering a good benefit package as we know that they are important to most people. We also greatly value our safety culture. It helps protect our #1 asset, our employees! We do recognize that parking can be a challenge. We have now taken over the whole building so more parking spots have been added. As we continue to grow, we will constantly evaluate what our needs are and try and get creative to make sure we have what we need to ensure our employees can be successful. Also, thank you for mentioning vacation. We do have PTO that employees have access to after 90 days of employment that can be used at the employee’s discretion. We are always looking at how our full benefit package can best serve our employees. Please feel free to communicate with anyone in Management or HR regarding any topics you would like to discuss 😊

"For your own health and well-being...avoid this place!"

I worked at Health Wright Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent benefits and there are truly some bright, talented employees in each department with a lot to offer.

Cons

*A leader with a temper who does not seek to learn from others; rather, it's more of a 'do what you're told' environment. Employees act more out of fear than confidence and optimism. *TURNOVER...and a lot of it in every department (consider yourself warned and be sure to question them about this if interviewing) *You will hear all about the 'MISSION/VISION/VALUES' but they are not consistently adhered to nor demonstrated by leadership. *Questionable HR ethics (they are not your ally nor to be trusted...they are there only to protect themselves and carry out what the president wants) *The overwhelming feeling that your work is never enough. Love the feeling of accomplishment that can follow a hard day's work? You will work hard, but the good feelings seem few and far between here.

Health Wright Products2018-09-02

January 8, 2019HR Representative

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you recognize the level of talent we have in our employees. We strive to hire the best! We also appreciate the recognition the benefit package that we offer. We work really hard to provide our employees with a good benefit package. We know this is important to a lot of people. We are sorry that the rest of your experience was not a positive one. Our goal is to create a working environment where everyone is working towards a common goal, the success of Health Wright Products. With the success of our business we can continue to help people grow in their personal and professional career goals. We have an Employee Events Planning Committee that works on putting events together to appreciate all of the hard work that our employees bring to the table. Just a few of the events that were had in 2018 were an Ice Cream Party, Coffee and Donuts, a catered BBQ, and a Capsule counting Contest with prizes and more. We always encourage the people that we are interviewing to as us any questions they may have. A interview is not only time for Health Wright Products to decide if a potential candidate is a good fit for us but time for the potential candidate to decide if we are a good fit for them. As for our turnover rate, we are on the low side of what is normal in Manufacturing in the state of Oregon. I encourage you to reach out to your former HR Representative to discuss these concerns as well as any other that you may have had during your time of employment at Health Wright Products. We are always open to feedback as it helps us grow.

10. "Leadership/Manager"

4.0

I have been working at Health Wright Products full-time

Pros

Great working environment, smart people to work with, fast paced, family oriented.

Cons

I haven't experienced any yet.

Health Wright Products2017-09-19

September 20, 2017HR Administrator

Thank you for reviewing us! Our employees are key in helping us recruit top talent such as themselves with reviews on our social media. Your list of “Pros” are all great items that contribute to job satisfaction, not to mention those are all important things that align with our company mission, vision, and values. We are so glad that you have not experienced any “Cons”! Please feel free to come back and update your review as you grow with Health Wright Products with any additional info (pros and/or cons!) that will help potential team members make informed decisions. Thank you!

Found 20 reviews