Health at Home Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "CNA Provider"

Current Employee - Certified Nurse Aid in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Certified Nurse Aid in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Health at Home (More than 8 years)

Pros

This job has worked for me being able to care for my brother in the privacy of my home.

Cons

The pay is not that great and I have furthered my education for another field that this company can not assist me in.

Advice to Management

I am now a LCDC, CI

2. "CNA"

Former Employee - CNA in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - CNA in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Health at Home full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the clients were nice to work with.

Cons

Poor management, lack of communication between office and staff in the field. No benefits, no travel time or mileage reimbursement.

Advice to Management

Pay your CNAs if you expect them to travel an hour each way to see a client.

3. "Health at Home"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Nurses assigned to a senior community which may allow nurse to spend the whole day at 1 place, not a lot of cases in residential homes.

Cons

No consistency in management or employees, always under staff, lie to new employees, poor new hire training, and does care about their employees. Too much documentation, too many meetings, and no development within the company. Company does not recognize you for extra work and extra travel, not even generous for Christmas, staff given a $10 target gift card for Christmas. They only care about Medicare dollars and pushing private duty service instead of offering Medicare paid home health aides.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation to staff, do a better job of selecting new employees, and provide adequate training to new employees!

5. "very flexible"

Former Employee - Caregiver * in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Caregiver * in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Health at Home part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great for nursing students, flexible hours

Cons

may be asked to work longer hours

6. "staff"

I worked at Health at Home full-time

Pros

clients were great to work for and care for

Cons

communication with internal office staff was laxidasical.

Advice to Management

treat all employees fairly. employee incentive programs may keep staff.

7. "Was not at all what I expected."

I have been working at Health at Home full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Had great co workers when I first started. Always had coworkers willing to assist and answer any confusing questions I had.

Cons

When some coworkers left and new employees came in. The cohesiveness and communication among staff became a huge problem. No one was willing to back each other up in their absence. Corporate personnel were always willing to critique local staff on various issues, yet never was willing to address major issues at the local level. Other multiple issues as well.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff at all local levels. There are multiple issues that need to be addressed that directors and managers do not. Need to look beyond the directors and managers at local levels and get input from other staff. It's unfortunate, that one individual at a high corporate level can make such an impact and have a huge turnover within one year. It would seem that a higher corporate official would want to find out why there been such a large turnover in employees leaving rather focusing on employee retention.

8. "RN case manager/field RN"

Pros

Great Peers, great pay, good insurance, vehicle

Cons

unorganized, high turn around, constant schedule changes THE SAME DAY, constant management changes

9. "Changing company- and not for the best"

I worked at Health at Home (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros have quickly diminished since the merge with CareSouth. Home Care Home Base point of care software was brought on board with the merge, but with no streamlined, consistent training.

Cons

Salaries have gone down with younger, cheaper, and new employees who don't know the service lines. Their turnover has been almost 100% of old LCS employees, along with many of their own CareSouth long time employees, in their quest to "trim the fat" in this merger. Medical insurance went up substantially, support from corporate has diminished greatly, and greed at the corporate level is unreal. The work morale is very low, with a very unprofessional work environment that corporate stands behind in order to get rid of staff that they otherwise could not dismiss. This company was not a company that had experience of providing care (home care and private duty) to residents in retirement communities, and the common theme from the executive directors in the facilities is how the customer service has been affected negatively during this merger.
    No clear management training or polices- good luck getting time off or lunches when people who are past employees of companies who are now being sued for not giving lunches or breaks, come in to run the show with the mindset that "salaried" means 80+ hours per week without lunches.
     Very sad..I guess Ed Kinney checked out when Caresouth came in. I don't see a growth potential for the company..all you get from corporate is lip service...

Advice to Management

Value your experienced staff and don't discard there input in exchange for the new "visionaries" that you think are going to turn things around 180 degrees. Don't make rash decisions just because you want the old out, and the new in.

"Health at Home is on the move!"

I have been working at Health at Home full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There many many pros for this company. CareSouth recently partnered with Health at Home to take over managment. They have done more in six months than the previous management did in 10 years! Their partnership with exclusive retirement communities makes working for Health at Home a perfect opportunity for any private duty or home health employee. One on One care in one location!!

Cons

They are still in transition stages and moving forward to hire the best people and provide unmatched service.

Advice to Management

Thanks for your vision in diversifying and technology! Thanks for moving forward with good people and trusting they can get the job done. Appreciate the fact that you are honest in that caring for people is also a business, but you truely have to care for them to have a successful business.

"Convenient for a part time job."

Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at Health at Home part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It has extremely flexible work hours. Everyone is nice and understanding. They are easy to get a hold of and look into any problems or discrepancies in a timely manner.

Cons

Management doesn't really remember when you said you can work and when you can't so they call a lot even when you're on vacation.