Health4Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Management in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Management in Boston, MA

I have been working at Health4Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good People - The people here are great to work with. They are all very smart and nice. I truly feel like we have a community within this large network and everyone is always willing to help out.

Creative Work - I work with some of the best creative people here and I am very proud of the creative campaigns that this company produces.

Work/Life Balance - Like any other advertising agency, there are some late nights. But you are never alone and there is a sense of comradery. The company also appreciates when you have other passions or activities outside of work and is very accommodating to that.

Benefits - Overall benefits are great. Good salary, health plans, commuter benefits, discounts on a phone plan, travel, entertainment, etc.

Cons

Opportunity for growth - Would like a more structured way to provide formal feedback. New hire generally receives a 3-month review, but then there aren't any formal reviews after that.

2. "Middle Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, NY

I worked at Health4Brands (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, innovative environment, lots of growth and opportunities.

Cons

Frat boy atmosphere, my boss didn't understand what I did all he cared about was selling business....whether the client needed it or not. Larger clients are the focus. The smaller ones get lost in the fray.

Advice to Management

You probably don't need 3 partners....figure out which one should go.

"Can I give negative stars?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Health4Brands full-time

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, some of the people, the salary, and location are great.

Cons

Work/life balance? What balance? The salary is great, but keep in mind you're also getting paid to work 2 out of 5 weekends of the month, and work most nights until at least 7 (but more frequently 8, 9, 10, midnight, 1 am) with little to no advance notice.

Most senior leadership cares more about making their numbers (and their bonuses, which are not shared with the rest of the team), than the sanity of their employees and it shows with the lightspeed of turnover (staff of 20, with 20 people who came and went in a year).

For many departments, there is no learning curve, it is trial by fire (which is also a factor in the turnover).

High stress, high anxiety, fast turnaround, low reward.

"Grew too fast"

Current Employee - Art Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Art Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Health4Brands (More than a year)

Pros

Midtown location with easy access using public transportation.

Cons

Creative leads that posing as genius but with a very poor background on the making. Upper management having affairs with lower level employees. Very outdated creative leads, crowded and noisy facilities, promotions are not given to qualified or hard-worker employees but to yes-men.

Advice to Management

You have to realize that the frat-boys days are long gone. Please take the business seriously and screen properly your leads.

6. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at Health4Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the few positive things I can say about H4B is that the pay for my position was decent. There is free beer on Thursday and Friday's.

Cons

Making the transition from Hill Holliday to here was definitely a downgrade, at least for the account side.

I worked here for a few months, and I have never felt so mistreated and underutilized before. Coming from a temporary employee's perspective, I was misguided from day one as to what my role would be here. My manager expressed to me how I would be included in virtually all meetings for my client and that I would have full ownership on projects. This never happened, even though I put in much more time and effort that was expected of me. I had to ask for work nearly every single day I worked here, since I always finished early. Please do yourself a favor, and stay clear of this place, unless you are desperate for a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Have the decency to tell your employees the truth, and reward them for their hard work. I will say that the Directing Manager has a lot of potential, but will need much more help from the employees under him to succeed as a business long-term.

"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Health4Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the most intelligent people I have ever had the chance to work alongside. Tremendous focus on knowledge exchange and strategy.

Cons

Overwhelming focus on money and billing to the point where it got in the way of the work. Employees driven extremely hard with no excuses tolerated.

Advice to Management

Google "the importance of culture" and read a few articles. Then try to apply the thinking.

"fratty"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Health4Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

fun place to be if you get to be in the clique
    very casual day to day experience
    creative participates in a lot of pitches, which is fun but exhausting when there are many happening simultaneously

Cons

inter-office hook ups and senior management plays favorites. make sure you're able to keep up with the fast-paced environment... which involves heavy drinking in order to impress your boss.

Advice to Management

grow up

"Great people and culture, stale leadership and scattered direction"

Former Employee - Creative in Hamilton, NJ
    Former Employee - Creative in Hamilton, NJ

I worked at Health4Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Genuinely fun people to work with, team mentality is very strong and bonds between team members are easily made, hire very good cultural fits, benefits are very good, salary is somewhat competitive, liberal work-from-home policy, hands-off approach to workers lets them get things done, well-thought-out work stream process, willing to update policies and procedures to make things work better, exposure to industry leaders from the HAVAS network, opportunity to collaborate with world-wide sister agencies within the network, great attempts to build culture and encourage a feeling of community, creative process often involves people from many teams not just a few high-ranked employees, ambitious company that wants to be a big dog in the pharma world, great workspace and facilities

Cons

Promotions and raises are few and far between, often hire from outside rather than promote from within, bring in "experienced" talent rather than hire up-and-coming or innovative/finger on the pulse employees, rigid bonus policy rewards leadership and very few others, what is told to employees and what is really going on is not always aligned, little to no investment in developing talent (you've got to do it yourself), think matching job offers is a way to give raises rather than offer proactive rewards for good work, lack of on-boarding leads to inconsistencies from brand team to brand team, same leadership team for the past several years touting the same strategy as they were when the agency was started, does not understand the importance of digital integration into healthcare marketing, very numbers-driven business model results in hard pushes to meet goals at the end of months, sell the same tactics over and over to different clients (a shop for vis aids and digital vis aids)

Advice to Management

Ambition is good, but don't forget who you are and who got you there, or lose sight of what constitutes a realistic goal. Mix in innovative and young talent to go with your experienced leadership team. Reward employees who do a good job, even if they aren't the ones winning new business. Remember that a smaller proactive reward will beat a larger reactionary offer for most employees. Cost of living adjustments would be nice—costs go up every year, but salaries do not.

"Asleep at the wheel"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA

I worked at Health4Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice building and view. Back Bay is a great place to shop and forget what a terrible company you're working for!

Cons

The place started out great, but got bad quickly. The company has only been open for 2 years and has acheived an 80% turnover of staff. This has nothing to due with the issues associated with a start up, but simply, inept leadership and a bullying atomosphere. I have never worked for a more unprofessionally run company in my life. It's a real shame what has happend there. It could have been a wonderful place to work.

Advice to Management

Reqires a change of leadership ASAP.

11. "Best of AgencyLife"

Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at Health4Brands full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

H4Brands, Back Bay, Boston is an outstanding place to work. A wonderful working environement, even tempered people, and interesting, challenging projects to work on. Also located in a fantastic part of Boston

Cons

None that I can really see!

Advice to Management

Keep things going as they are.