HealthCare Partners, IPA Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2019

2.7
HealthCare Partners, IPA CEO Richard Merkin
Richard Merkin
  1. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Garden City, NY

I have been working at HealthCare Partners, IPA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing co-workers, beautiful city of Garden City, company is on the right track of growth.

Cons

Reputation in the industry can get better. Staff and field staff working hard are constantly improving relationships with providers.

Advice to Management

Continue recognizing employees and keep the positive changes rolling.

HealthCare Partners, IPA2018-08-22

"Not good management"

Former Employee - Clinical Services Coordinator in Garden City, NY

I worked at HealthCare Partners, IPA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay for the work you do.

Cons

Yearly lay offs and favoritism decides your future

HealthCare Partners, IPA2019-06-21

"Recent positive reviews are fake!!!"

I worked at HealthCare Partners, IPA full-time

Pros

None as the company is on it's last leg!

Cons

For those who are still there, run while you can. HCP is a bootleg version of what a real company should be. Everything mention on previous posts are 100 % accurate. People there with fancy titles who don't have a clue how to run things there. The company is going down, be on the look out for more layoffs.

HealthCare Partners, IPA2018-10-17

"Case management"

Former Employee - Case Management in Garden City, NY

I worked at HealthCare Partners, IPA full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the worst company you could ever work for. Thiey are a hostile environment, these people treat you as if you were a slave, and you will be if you work here. Management is completely unaware of how many lives they have destroyed

Cons

Again hostile work environment, i have nothing good to say about it, it was the worst job i ever had

Advice to Management

Take your heads out of the sNd

HealthCare Partners, IPA2018-10-08

"Confused Company"

I have been working at HealthCare Partners, IPA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location, work/life balance, clean building

Cons

This company is on its last pathetic leg at this point. They recently fired 40+ employees just to post new positions within days. The justification for the distasteful "restructuring" is a joke. Just as the false promise of promotion or being hired within. As for leadership....non-existent. Just because management has a certain degree DOES NOT make them a positive leader. They are self-seeking, condescending,... micromanaging and overall not trustworthy. The spying and mind games need to cease. There is no employee advocate, as much as HR pleads there is. I feel sometimes my resume is tainted due to having listed this company. As mentioned in another post, the conversation amongst employee's is their next move out of HCP. Departments are still overlapping, projects are not clear, therefore you haven't accomplished anything with your "restructuring" and mediocre work suffice. No sick days, must use PTO and hope your not penalized by your

Advice to Management

Your employees, members and other healthcare org's simply do not trust you. Mr. Mid-west= a joke and do us all a favor and stop all the mumbo-jumbo chatting. Employee appreciation goes a long way No excitement No moral

HealthCare Partners, IPA2018-09-14

"HCP’s Eulogy"

in Garden City, NY

I have been working at HealthCare Partners, IPA for more than 3 years

Pros

The big houses are nice to see on the drive in.

Cons

Everything not listed up top.The fluffed up posts delivered from HR are cute but even your benefits are weak! I’m not sure why you would even try to highlight that.

Advice to Management

Finally!!!!! Reading these past few posts I see the truth about this company is finally being exposed. This has actually motivated me to purge my thoughts on this place; I just wish more of the actual employees would take the time to write reviews of what goes on here.  Best way put, this company is a malignant Cancer. Whenever I’m asked by other professionals where I work, I normally pretend I didn’t hear the... question or just say I work in Garden City for a health care company. It spares me the embarrassment and shame of having others know I’ve stooped this low and left all of my dignity behind to collect a paycheck. The first day off of orientation, your co-workers will hand you a Kevlar vest and tell you to get ready for war. The back stabbing, lies, abuse and sexual harassment ensues shortly after. This place is constantly talking about “rightsizing” how about you right size your top leadership?  You have more top people with big titles then you actually have members.  Please be certain if you choose to work here you will lose sleep!!! Anxiety, fear, nerves, sleepless nights, and panic are exactly the things to expect here and are proudly cultivated with enthusiasm. The horror stories you hear about working for terrible companies are the epitome of this place. Every day conversations amongst your peers consist of who was lucky enough to leave before their let go or where their currently applying and interviewing to get out of this purgatory. Every once in a while they like to hold town hall meetings/meet your co-workers 1:1. It’s doesn’t come as much of a surprise that we all use this as an outlet to confirm our disdain and disgust for this place. Those who survive here are the ones who can leverage and brown-nose the best. I think it should be included in the HCP employee handbook on the proper way to brown-nose. Favoritism is rampant here; the fake posts written by the company aim to tell you they have new leadership, staff recognition, diverse culture, activities/events, staff development, and open door policies. Don’t be so naive to believe this ask and reach out to current employees. This company is completely unstable and will be out of business any day now! It must absolutely be noted that staff and management hate it here!! For that simple reason they will NOT want to perform or they’ll do the bare minimum in order to not get fired, who came blame them when every day you walk in this place you still see the remnants and white-chalk outlines of all the bodies that once walked the halls. They hire leaders that speak complete gibberish and like to flash certificates boasting about their accomplishments. The doctor and savior from the Midwest? We’re all just counting down the days till you pack up and head out

HealthCare Partners, IPA2018-09-11

"Wonderful Place to Work, to Learn, and to Grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

I have been working at HealthCare Partners, IPA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly Environment, Team Approach, Professional Development, Diverse Activity Set, Safe Environment, Industry Leaders, Strong and Clear Direction.

Cons

Past image perception issue, recent restructure, work space shifts.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees. You're doing a much better job recently at listening and implementing our ideas.

HealthCare Partners, IPA2018-08-07

"HCP inner working details...PLEASE BEWARE!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Garden City, NY

I have been working at HealthCare Partners, IPA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Location, Nice offices, Timely pay

Cons

Everything not listed up top. Thankfully ppl are bright enough to notice the fake reviews posted by the company. It only confirms even more what everyone is saying!

Advice to Management

As someone who has worked for this company for many years, I will aim explain the inner workings of this disastrous company. BEWARE this company has seasonal layoffs, it’s worse than holiday’s at Walmart. Over a 6 year span this company has had 3-4 layoffs each consisting between 30-60 employees they will re-hire and layoff again. If you talk with recruiters or healthcare companies within the industry each will say... the same thing “ohh we heard they had another layoff” or “ohh we’ve heard the stories of that place”. The company is owned by Its parent company based out of California who pulls the strings from across the country caring little about the effects it has on its employees in NY. Every 6-8 months they bring in a big name Exec who likes to flash their accolades and numerous degrees. Please note they will be gone before they’ve even had time to learn their Assistants name. Each big name that comes in makes wild incoherent decisions impacting the lives of many employees without care. Any licensed clinician knows to stay away from this place because the work their asked to do is without direction and will only be based on meeting the bottom line number; the members care suffers in this place. The company has one contract that it hangs onto for dear life, it loses that contract the company is gone. The company has been plagued by sexual harassment cases, HCP has done payouts underneath the table to keep quiet and stay out of the media. Ask around to previous/current employees they will confirm the same. The leadership is a joke, anything that is said to them in private expect it to be leaked to everyone and retaliation to follow soon after. You’re better off explaining it yourself in a company email to all because it will be leaked. The company will ruin and devastate the lives of its employees and patients as it struggles to constantly stay out of the red. After they get rid of half the company, they usually like to take everyone to a nice swanky hotel and give you a nice motivational speech asking you to jump up and scream like a deranged cave man and telling you everything will be great moving forward ohh and we mustn’t forget the brown paper bag lunch they hand you on the way out. Next time you hear from Sr leadership will be when it’s time for the next round of layoffs. There are so many great companies in the industry to choose from please stay away from this company you’ll save yourself anxiety and frustration. All great talent they get either leaves or stays long off to get let go. The moral in this place is so low most employees have stated they would prefer to be mauled by a bear then to have to continue working here. Managed care??? More like manage these dollars so they can pay for the “MANS” private jet. Once a year he flys in to hand out a healthcare innovation award, that’s satisfies his good deed for the Year. Besides that, he sends in his henchmen to do the dirty work.

HealthCare Partners, IPA2018-09-04

"Confused Company"

Former Employee - Quality Management in Garden City, NY

I worked at HealthCare Partners, IPA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay, human resource department, parking

Cons

Everything else outside of pros

Advice to Management

I was hired by this company as a Quality Management Advocate. I was excited to use this position as a way to gain experience in the healthcare administration field. I wasn’t given much training opportunity and had to learn the responsibilities as I went along. I had very good coworkers that were able to give me advice as I worked. Despite this, I still wasn’t able to get fully comfortable with the position. That... wasn’t an issue though, because after only TWO MONTHS, I was terminated from my position due to “financial hardship that the company cultivated.” The department I worked in terminated half of the employees and absorbed the other half. The department’s leadership staff were also terminated. I wasn’t there long enough to earn benefits, even! Why would a company hire an employee if they couldn’t afford him? Unbelievable. I don’t see this company lasting very long and I doubt that even a majority of the company’s employees are happy. Most healthcare professionals and clients know that this is a very unstable company. Its reputation precedes them. Avoid this company if you can.

HealthCare Partners, IPA2018-09-04
  10. "Anonymous"

I have been working at HealthCare Partners, IPA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New leadership team understands employees' needs. Activities and Events recognize and include everyone. Creating an environment where we are working together to be successful in the healthcare industry. Coworkers are nice!

Cons

The culture has improved a lot, office doors are now open and we are listened to respectfully. Hope this continues.

Advice to Management

Enjoying being part of the new HCP , keep it going. Communicate. Deliver performance reviews on time. We want to work for a company where managers listen and respond. It's happening now.

HealthCare Partners, IPA2018-08-07