Cover image for HealthEast

HealthEast

Is this your company?

HealthEast

Add a Review

HealthEast Employee Reviews about "great coworkers"

Updated Nov 30, 2020

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 259 of over 259 reviews
3.3
56% Recommend to a Friend
44% Approve of CEO

Found 14 of over 259 reviews

3.3
HealthEast President & CEO Kathryn Correia (no image)
Kathryn Correia

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

13h

an

Adjunct Faculty Member

So I’ve been thinking about a career change to nursing . I am a former surgical technician that moved up the healthcare ranks and received a PhD in public health -epidemiology. I’ve been thinking about transitioning into nursing to obtain a BSN and possibly a MSN. I hang up has been that my science courses are more than 7 years old and I do not want to retake them. Anyone know of any schools that do not require the sciences courses to be within the last 5-7 years?

4 Comments

Healthcare

126.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=HealthEast~18830
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about HealthEast? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with HealthEast employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of HealthEast and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great coworkers"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Dysfunctional leadership

Mar 4, 2017 - Management in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are dedicated and willing to go the extra mile for patients and coworkers. Salaries are competitive in healthcare industry.

Cons

Leadership structure is very dysfunctional and do not set an example of the core values. VBI and LEAN are the sole focus of the organization, yet the employees have no input on change and process improvement.

3 people found this review helpful

SVP Organizational Excellence and Chief HR Officer

It warms my heart to see the kind things you posted about your co-workers. That willingness to go the extra mile for patients is exactly what makes HealthEast a special place. I wish you were still here to see what we’re doing to make sure all HealthEast leaders – all employees, for that matter – know the core values: putting customers first, acting with courage, building trust and finding joy. Skeptics may say those are just words, but I can tell you understand how crucial it is for leaders to set the right example. Happy employees does = happy patients. Your department should’ve been having weekly meetings for employees to talk about the improvement ideas THEY came up with and are working on. That’s where you get to have a say, and that’s where VBI and employee engagement should come together. Current employees: If this is not happening in your area, please call our VBI leader or advisors for help. - Dawn Kessler, SVP Organizational Excellence and Chief HR Officer

2. 3.0

Nutrition Aide

May 9, 2019 - Nutrition Services Aide
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced, fun coworkers, able to be trained in various positions within the nutrition department

Cons

New management that doesn't care about the workers

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. Join the HealthEast team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Only a One-Star Rating!

May 17, 2015 - Lab Technician in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice coworkers most of the time, but when it gets crazy busy people get angry with each other.

Cons

I started HealthEast Care System with an above average wage, but I soon figured out in the long run the wage was actually a lot less than average, because I haven't received a cost of living increase in the last five years I worked there. The benefits aren't what they seem and you have to know the right person to get promotions. I moved on to advance my career and goals.

23 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great coworkers and teamwork - less than great leadership

Jun 24, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good health benefits, graduated PTO accrual based on length of time with company. Most employees I've encountered at 2 different sites have been excellent coworkers.

Cons

Major disconnect between upper management and mid to low level employees. Leadership makes knee-jerk decisions to cut costs which hurts the organization in the long run and the employees that remain have to shoulder more and more responsibility and stress

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Hopsice Team is wonderful to work with

Apr 17, 2016 - Hopsice Nurse in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful Coworkers and paitents. Hospitals are easy to access.

Cons

Patient load was increasing and becoming overwelming for case managers

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Current Employee

There is room to improve.

Oct 10, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Schedule, coworkers, time off accrual

Cons

In the department I work in, one of the directors lacks professionalism, and is quick to discipline staff for very minor issues. It is a very reactive and not proactive environment.

8 people found this review helpful

Senior Director of HR Operations

You’ve got that right … there’s always room to improve. Ensuring that all leaders know what’s expected and have the skills to handle all situations professionally is an area we’re giving special attention. If your situation hasn’t improved, please call or email me. I do appreciate knowing that we’re already hitting the mark for you when it comes to time off, flexible schedules and great co-workers. Here’s hoping that one day we earn the privilege of you recommending HealthEast as a place to work. - Julie Garrison, Senior Director of HR Operations

8. 4.0

Growing Company

Mar 13, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment, coworkers are great. People who really care about patient care work here. Company is forward thinking, what doesn't work is released - what does work is brought in.

Cons

Benefits could be better. By improving benefits to your employees it shows you really value what we bring to the table.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Poor management

Jul 19, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, team environment. Decent pay for part time employement.

Cons

Hostile management team. Zero transparency in regards to policy changes or enforcement of discipline. When issues such as broken equipment was brought up in meetings, nothing was done to repair or replace it.

16 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company to work for

Nov 30, 2020 - Scheduler in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, good pay, insurance

Cons

Little advancement opportunities, stressful work

Be the first to find this review helpful
  11. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Run while you can

Sep 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay & benefits. Some good coworkers.

Cons

Not enough time or space to list everything that is wrong. No work life balance at all because never adequately staffed. Terrible leadership that talks big but doesn't understand the daily work we do. Too much emphasis on VBI cards. Focused more on dollars instead of patients and employees.

8 people found this review helpful

SVP and Chief Operating Officer

Our communities have ever-higher expectations of us, so we are working harder to meet those expectations. Because proper staffing is essential for the health of everyone in those communities, both our patients and our employees, we’re constantly looking for improvement. For example, switching to electronic prescriptions for narcotics has saved our nurses and doctors 500 hours a month. That’s 500 hours they can spend helping patients. At the same time, we’re hiring more people in our clinics, where more doctors can help more people stay well and avoid landing in the hospital. I’m sorry you didn’t feel like your area was adequately staffed or feel appreciated enough. We serve. That’s all we do, so our employees are all we have. - Cathy Barr, SVP and Chief Operating Officer

Viewing 1 - 14 of 14 English Reviews