HealthEquity Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
HealthEquity Inc. President and CEO Jon Kessler
Jon Kessler

Pros
Cons
  • Because the company is growing so rapidly, the time with management and training can improve (in 10 reviews)

• This growth creates growing pains (in 10 reviews)

"Exciting Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I worked at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exciting company
    Executive Leadership fully engaged
    Fun activities for employees
    Transparency from management

Cons

Some employees resistant to change, but you find that everywhere

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do! I only left due to another opportunity I could not pass up.

"Better than Most"

Current Employee - Operations Team Lead in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Operations Team Lead in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company in general cares for its employees. They're always trying to make things more enjoyable and fun in the workplace.

Cons

They struggle with focusing on developing the actual NEEDS of their departments, rather than building the next big thing for a specific client. There is rarely maintenance of current systems and upgrades to improve things, makes doing your job extremely frustrating, and especially being told to give suggestions for improvement, but never seeing them come to fruition.

Advice to Management

Focus on maintaining your current client base. You can grow more again, but you have to have something that works first. Fire the employees who are useless and causing drama and chaos, and allow lower level management to give the actual direction on where bonuses and raises should be allocated.

"Happy People everywhere!"

Current Employee - Member Services Specialist in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Member Services Specialist in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team members are overall happy here at HealthEquity. People smile and introduce themselves to me. As a new team member this makes me feel great. The two gals (VP and recruiter) from the People team chat me up in the elevator each time they see me. I haven't ever experienced a VP of anything talk to me like I'm an equal. But the VP of People does. They both introduced themselves to me and welcomed me to HealthEquity. They call me by name and say hi. I have had these experiences with multiple team members across the organization. It is truly amazing.

Cons

I'm trying to think of cons but am struggling to come up with any. Maybe better schedules that don't include Saturdays.

Advice to Management

Continue to be purple people. The VP of People exemplifies to me what it means to be purple, remarkable and outstanding.

Feb 17, 2017 – Director of People

Thank you for your review of HealthEquity on Glassdoor. We strive to create a great working environment for our team members, and while we are not perfect by any means, we do have some pretty great ... More

"Do You Believe in Magic?"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture at HealthEquity is positive and engaging. The benefits are terrific and you feel like you are genuinely valued as a person.

Cons

HealthEquity is in an industry that is growing rapidly so there is a lot of work and change happening. I like change and a fast paced work environment, but I could see how being here could be overwhelming to those that like a steady routine.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Make sure we are ready for the next growth spurt with enough team members to shoulder the load.

Feb 17, 2017 – Director of People

Do I believe in magic? Yes, yes I do. Some of those street performers in Vegas are amazing. In all seriousness, you are absolutely right about the growing industry and fast paced environment. We ... More

"Member Services"

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. part-time

Pros

Amazing company with an exceptional culture.

Cons

Maybe we could have more parties lol

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"They walk the walk"

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is for real.
    The people.

Cons

Busy season can be rough.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Love, love, LOVE, how accessible you make yourselves.

"Overall amazing company"

Former Employee - Member Services Specialist in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Member Services Specialist in Draper, UT

I worked at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits packages
    Over $2000 deposited to HSA by company alone
    Opportunity to work from home
    Company has give-always with gift cards or company parties from time to time.

Cons

Outdated policies
    They are a small company who is trying to manage accounts like a big company so the workload placed on employees is quite hefty and employees tend to feel overworked.
    Company works with and manages benefits for very large employers so there is a lot of guidelines expected to be maintained and a lot of information needed to learn for all different companies outside of HealthEquity alone.

Advice to Management

Review your policies and update them because your growth has increased exponentially and you have taken in many more employees and clients, but you are still operating under small business-like rules and policies and your business model seems behind the times.

Feb 17, 2017 – Director of People

Thank you for your review of HealthEquity on Glassdoor. You provide some interesting insights that do becomes challenges/opportunities for high growth organizations. The transition from ... More

"Member Service Representative"

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Draper, UT

I worked at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Supervisors are supportive and help you achieve your goals.
    -A lot of opportunity to advance within the company.

Cons

-The company has expanded their offices into two buildings on the same campus. The separation is creating an environment of "us" and "them". Although many employees began their career at HealthEquity in member services, there is definitely a "better than" attitude forming.

Advice to Management

-Continue the excellent support of your respective teams, but try to continue fostering the company culture of all teams working together to empower members to save money and improve healthcare. If the"us" and "them" attitude takes a firm hold, your company will never be the same and you'll lose loyalty at the ground level.

Dec 15, 2016 – Director of People

Thank you for your review of HealthEquity and your candid comments. You bring up an interesting challenge as we have recently grown into two buildings. We have a better opportunity to succeed as our ... More

"Great culture, problematic compensation policies."

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is fantastic, and the company promotes a healthy work and life balance. Leadership teams express real interest in what makes their teams' lives better when coming to work.

Cons

Unfortunately, just due to the current code release cycle and style of the development teams, the technology department fights fires more than prevents them. HR also has a strict 10% pay increase cap, so tenured workers typically make significantly less than new hires.

Advice to Management

Pressure HR to remove the 10% cap or turnover will be problematic as the industry blossoms in this area, and the worth of technology personnel increases. If you can't compensate competitively, you will lose people.

Nov 16, 2016 – Director of People

Thank you for your review of HealthEquity on Glassdoor. You bring up a great topic on competitive compensation, and I would encourage you to talk more with your leader and/or the People Team to ... More

"Best company I've been able to work for!"

Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Draper, UT

I worked at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-It is rare to find a company that cares for their employees like they do here.
    -Managers and leaders truly care about you as a person and want to help you to succeed as an employee, and even more importantly, care about your life outside of work and encourage you take advantage of it.
    -They had an HR department whose efforts go above and beyond the job. They sincerely care about the people they work with and make sure to reach out to them and let them know!
    -You feel as if you were working with the best friends you grew up with due to the great relationships that start on the first day.
    -Wonderful training program that prepared me unlike any other company has in the past.
    -Can't forget the good deals on food you can purchase in the break room as an employee. A benefit that is very much unseen but was very much appreciated by me.

Cons

-The one con I can think of is that the elevators are slower than a herd of snails traveling through peanut butter.

Nov 11, 2016 – Director of People

Yeah, elevators. You are not wrong. Seems to have been corrected in building #2 but almost to the point that they close before you can walk in. All in all, this is additional Wellness incentive to ... More