HealthEquity Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2020

3.3
HealthEquity Inc. President and CEO Jon Kessler
Jon Kessler
Pros
  • "Executive leaders that really care about the company and the team members(in 20 reviews)

• "They work hard to maintain work/life balance(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Due to growing pains, the company org chart is changing consistently(in 12 reviews)

• "Because the company is growing so rapidly, the time with management and training can improve(in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"It truly is a REMARKABLE place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

HealthEquity is, hands down, the best company to work for. Not many companies truly care. HealthEquity cares about the people who work here and the members and partners we serve. Doing what is right is part of our DNA and when the "right" thing is the compass, you head in the right direction and do amazing things. Purple is real (disregard reviews stating the contrary) but the culture is the people! The people who don't get the culture just don't fit the culture and that's okay - they'll find another place to collect a paycheck. HealthEquity believes in people and trusts in people - that may mean taking a gamble on someone that doesn't have 40 years of experience but has drive and passion and values that align with the company mission - and we have awesome, smart, talented, engaged team that gets results because of it!

Cons

Integrating HealthEquity and WageWorks is a lot of work - that can be a pro or a con depending on who you ask. I see it as an awesome opportunity to learn, grow and be a part of something great! Whether you see the glass half full or empty, the next couple of years will be challenging but we'll all be better for it.

Advice to Management

Just keep it up - keep listening to team members. Keep being transparent. Keep caring and doing the right stuff!

HealthEquity Inc.2019-12-05

"Exciting opportunities ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of great opportunity for this company to grow and make a difference in the industry. Feels great to have a meaningful purpose to what you do every day. The founder is passionate about our mission and spreads that enthusiasm. Leadership is focused on being impactful and making a difference. There is a lot of great talent coming on board to make that happen. The company culture is very positive. The company works hard to provide competitive benefits, pay, perks and a great work-life balance. HR is called "people team" and employees are called "team members" to show how much they care. I've seen that concern and respect for all team members.

Cons

Company growth has been challenging for those who have been here since the company was much smaller and don't want to see change. Culture shifts and the pains of a large acquisition have left some upset. Those of us who are new are having a great experience. There's a lot of excitement for what this company is about and can achieve moving forward.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing on great talent and driving for change while striving to maintain that remarkable "purple" culture.

HealthEquity Inc.2020-01-22

"Customer Service and Efficiency Driven Company"

Current Employee - COBRA Client Services in Irving, TX

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They want the Employees to succeed and be happy. This company is consumer driven

Cons

working inbound call center could use white noise to better hear clients

Advice to Management

Keep that drive and positive energy and be readily available to address client escalations for a quick and satisfied client. Client should could what they need the first call

HealthEquity Inc.2020-01-18

"Could be a good place with changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture seems good Compensation if fair Products are needed Locations are good

Cons

Leadership team they kept is smart but limited Didn't retain any WageWorks leaders which makes no sense CIO is resigning just 4 months into combined company Talented folks are looking elsewhere Cost of Healthcare is terrible v. what wageworks had Integration is proving difficult

Advice to Management

Draper is a nice place to visit but talent isn't going to flock there. Realize you have multiple locations. Hire senior levels who didn't grow up in company and have had more than 1 senior job and will visit other sites. Check COO's arrogance.

HealthEquity Inc.2020-01-09

"Made something out of 3 years of turmoil but would not recommend"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at HealthEquity Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No Weekends were required Sometimes gave out food during overtime

Cons

Make this job your last option No structure in the training , be prepared to go on the phone with no real preparation Zero accountability for workers, you can be subpar an get away with all of it making it harder for people who care about the job Way too much mandatory overtime, once you leave you realize how much time you're required to be there Management gets all the vacation while your stuck figuring out PTO and hours

Advice to Management

Stop promoting and keeping the people who are not good, there is zero accountability

HealthEquity Inc.2020-01-08

"Had Great Culture - Uncertainties around Acquisition"

Former Employee - Middle Management in Draper, UT

I worked at HealthEquity Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I truly enjoyed the several years I worked there. I felt a sense of pride working there and strongly believe in the HSA and empowering Americans to become financially stable regarding their Healthcare. The friendships I made were fantastic and the people I dealt with were generally really good people. The different clubs and social activities are really great and the perks they pull out for ALL the employees come out of nowhere and are really cool.

Cons

Loved the Culture, although it was deteriorating with hard-nosed, bottom-line focused, Senior Management external hires that made it difficult for the more home town values and Team Member focused atmosphere around the office to continue. But I guess if you want to take over the world with the HSA, like they are trying to do, it's probably the right type of people you need. If you like meetings, this is a great place for you.

Advice to Management

As with any acquisition, there are uncertainties. I felt somewhat betrayed/blindsided by some of my Leaders during the whole process of restructuring the company and after years of high performance and recognition for excellence, it didn’t seem to matter any longer. My loyalty, performance and dedication to the company didn’t hold as much weight as I thought. I understand it’s a business, but the acquisition to me seemed like a move that may be the downfall of the Purple Culture if not handled with care. I would recommend you look at revamping the Performance Review structure that pits co-workers against each other and renders minimal increases to good, steady employees that get over shadowed by the squeaky wheels/Extremely High Performers.

HealthEquity Inc.2019-12-18

"By far best Call Center to work for"

Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

The love for each team member and willingness to work with everyone to help them succeed in their roles as well as find where they want to go and are meant to go is tremendous. Everyone helps everyone, you are taught to

Cons

You have to wait 6 months before eligible to move to other roles etc.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good culture and work environment.

HealthEquity Inc.2019-12-09

"Love it here. Great company. Great coworkers."

Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love that my schedule was worked to fit my needs. Location in Draper is close to my home. Pay and benefits make my time away from home and family worth it. Desk that I can make my home away from home. It is a call center. But as call centers go this one is by far the best I have ever seen.

Cons

Working in Draper during the winter... the roads can be slippery.

HealthEquity Inc.2019-12-07

"Customer Oriented...NOT"

Former Employee - N/A in San Mateo, CA

I worked at HealthEquity Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Prior to HealthEquity purchasing WageWorks the atmosphere, people and job made coming to work enjoyable. During 2017 they ran into some hick-ups with the financials and once resolved they were purchased which never is a happy ending.

Cons

HealthEquity acquired WageWorks and blew a lot of smoke about how customer friendly they are and that the goal was not to layoff people only where there were reduncies. Well no surprise they laid off 500 people. We were provided COBRA some for 1 month others for 3. The service they have provided is off the charts horrible and this is one of the services they claim to be an expert in. Stay away.

Advice to Management

Management several years back definitely needed people and business training.

HealthEquity Inc.2020-01-14

"No longer 'purple'"

Former Employee - Manager in Draper, UT

I worked at HealthEquity Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at HealthEquity for many years. When I started there it was an amazing company to work for. I loved everything they stood for and I loved the work that I was doing.

Cons

I am one of at least 10 extremely talented employees who have now left the same department in the last few months, most whom have no other job lined up, we just couldn’t tolerate or condone the way leadership treated us. The majority of the resigned employees are women in leadership roles who were tired of being treated as inferior for many different reasons. Being demoted by having their direct reports taken from them and given to male leaders. Being passed over for promotions so that the Executive leader could bring in another one of his buddies. Being refused resources necessary for your job on multiple occasions only to have those resources go to someone else in the ‘good ol’ boys’ club. Also, no one at HealthEquity will listen or say no when other departments constantly request things and demand them in ridiculous time-frames. It is always “Assume positive intent” or you aren’t being very “purple”. I am sorry, but this has to work both ways! You can’t really think that being purple means running to your executive leader every single time someone says they have something more important to do than your project that YOU left until the last minute. These issues along with many more have consistently been brought up with the people team and they continue to do nothing about it. The amazing place I came to work for years ago is now a thing of the past. There is a night and day difference from when I started working at HealthEquity to what it has become today. HealthEquity has become a hostile working environment. And to be clear, this has nothing to do with the WageWorks integration and EVERYTHING to do with the management from the executive level.

Advice to Management

Listen to what your employees are telling you and DO something about it.

HealthEquity Inc.2020-01-09