HealthFair Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Terry Diaz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you believe in saving lives and being part of a family atomphere Healthfair is it (in 6 reviews)

• The company has had its ups and downs; and, like any call center, the only thing certain is change (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • This isn't your every-day relaxed call center (in 4 reviews)

• Busy and noisy work environment (in 3 reviews)

"my review"

I have been working at HealthFair full-time

Pros

I like the company’s mission of saving lives .
    Through preventive testing we can make an impact on someone’s life by early intervention
    I can’t believe how many patients call us to thank us for providing them with a complete set of preventive tests for no charge courtesy of their health insurance company
     unit

Cons

The expectations can sometimes be too high and provides a bit too much pressure.

I don’t like the parking situation at the home office.

I wish there was a more diverse company provided lunch. It seems to be the same/similar kind of lunches on a weekly basis.

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "Sick and tired of lazy losers - We hard working dedicated member service representative s do not need you"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Winter Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Winter Springs, FL

I have been working at HealthFair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loving team that supports us to be successful. They reward hard work, integrity and compassion. We really do save lives. A clean happy place to work with many rewards including incentives,

Cons

They are to patient with slackers sometimes.

Advice to Management

Screen people better. Keep up the great work team. I am proud to work here.

"Saving Lives Matters"

I have been working at HealthFair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked as a sales agent for about a year at the company. One of the non-compliant patients I had spoken to at first refused the testing we were providing. I spent quite a while on the phone with this individual and eventually got him to come in for one of our wellness checkups. A few months later, the man's daughter reached out to me to thank me, the ultrasound tech on the bus found a massive aneurysm and the patient had no idea. The doctors who performed the surgery told her that her father was a ticking time bomb, and that if he hadn't attended, that he would have certainly died. She wanted to speak to me personally to thank me for being persistent.

This interaction has really changed my life. And we get similar responses from our patients every day.

HealthFair as a company is in a phase where it is growing at an insanely rapid pace, and this comes along with a whole load of growing pains. The company has had its ups and downs; and, like any call center, the only thing certain is change. But the work we do every day makes such huge impression to the lives we touch, and that feeling is worth all the blood sweat and tears.

Thats not to say HealthFair remains ignorant of its shortfalls. Im proud to see, and be a part of the work we're doing every day to make working for HealthFair the best experience possible. The best thing about working for this company is the massive upwards mobility. Many of the management and corporate staff have started at entry level.

Cons

The entry level position is more demanding then I believe our hiring ads make it out to be, which leads to false expectations. This isn't your every-day relaxed call center.

""One Big family!""

Current Employee - Coach in Winter Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Coach in Winter Springs, FL

I have been working at HealthFair full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Healthfair a little under a year and have Grown not only as a person but in the organization aswell. I started as an agent where I learned so much. I learned about various different test we offer and what the benefits are. Any time I had a question I had not only my supervisor but I also had a coach whom i could always rely on to help me reach my potential. One thing that really made an impression on me was being able to speak to the Founder of Healthfair on a regular basis. When was the last time the owner,founder of the company you worked or work for asked you "How are you today?" Or maybe the Director of the company asking you "Did you have lunch yet? What do you want?" And if that doesn't happen there's random employee appreciation lunches. The daily snack cart making sure the employees have the fuel we need to succeed. There's soo much more but I dont want to give it all away.Come see for yourself.
    This is normal at Healthfair .We are a family with sooooo much opportunity with growth. The majority of vacant positions are filled with in house employees giving opportunity to feel appreciated and valued.I'm no longer an agent,and i devote myself to helping agents thrive in there positions. I love my job.The people I work with and lastly, I love going home knowing "We save Lives!"

Cons

In any job we have there will be things we may not agree with or struggle to understand but it's up to us to do something about it. Healthfair listens to the employees and is always looking for ways too accomodate everyones needs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work! Thanks for being soo great and dedicated!

"Growing Company. Great Opportunity."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Springs, FL

I have been working at HealthFair full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best thing about working at HealthFair is the mission of the company. They offer a unique service that really changes people's lives. I have personally seen countless cases where they identified a medical problem, and was able to assist the person with getting the help they needed.

They are growing! For the past several year's the company has grown by leaps and bounds creating new jobs in the call center, medical staff, administrative staff, etc. My department doubled in size this year, and will probably triple next year!

They promote from within. I started at a fairly entry level position and was able to experience a large amount of professional growth. Nearly all supervisors and managers started in a different / lower level position.

They have a close knit staff. No matter where you work, you have good days and bad days. There are tasks you like doing and others that you don't. However, having a team that likes working together and is willing to pitch in to help makes a world of difference. My co-workers are great.

Cons

Be prepared to work! If you are a person who likes a relaxed environment and a lot of extra time to socialize with your co-workers, this isn't the place. They expect you to focus on your job and stay busy.

Advice to Management

I have worked for HealthFair for over 10 years, watching the company grow and change. As the company grew in size, so did the opportunities for professional growth. It is company with a great mission and a unique business niche. My long term employment with the company is testament to the opportunity I have been given, and my belief in this organization.

It is disappointing to see the negative comments from disgruntled ex-employees. I can understand that somebody would be upset or frustrated when they leave a job and it's not by choice. However, many of the comments I have seen are not reflective of the experience of most employees.

"Spanish Speaking agent"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at HealthFair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'ts a good environment here they have different events... such as for the employees. As a Spanish speaking agent I get a higher salary for my language skills.

Cons

Parking is an issue but they have a shuttle.

7. "I believe in their Mission"

I have been working at HealthFair full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you want to help people then this is the place for you, I have worked for Healthfair for almost 2 yrs I’ve held a few positions in the company and have grown and learned a lot. More importantly I believe in the mission of the Healthfair Company , which is helping people, Many people’s lives have been saved because of Healthfair. I myself have taken calls from patients that have said had they not gone to the mobile unit they wouldn’t be alive today! Healthfair saves lives! They also care about their employees. It’s the little things that they do Halloween Costume Contest, Pizza on Saturday’s , or Management asking how’s your day that makes Healthfair a great place to work. If you believe in saving lives and being part of a family atomphere Healthfair is it!

Cons

There are pros and cons with everything you encounter in life. it’s how you learn and grow from that that matters.

Advice to Management

Keep believing in your mission and in your employees and Healthfair will continue to grow and save many more lives

"Manager"

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Lots of travel and time away

Advice to Management

Give more time at home between travels.

9. "SMDH--"

Former Employee - Mst in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Mst in Miami, FL

I worked at HealthFair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good preventative service to the community...

Cons

This list can go on and on but I'll list a few...
    Over worked or under worked... Never a happy medium..
    No schedule until the day before you have to travel...
    FAVORITISM!!!!!
    No benefits no growth...
    Don't respect for their employees
    Family employees are not held accountable for their screw ups!!!! However, everyone else's employment is threatened!!!!
    Burn em' and trade em' out attitude said and shown by the CEO is utterly disgusting... He should be ashamed of himself....
    Not sure why anyone would be surprised by the negative comments unless they're one of the favorites or family member... JS..

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter because they don't give a crap anyways and nothing will ever change for the better... Which is why I left...

10. "it's a beautiful atmosphere, it is definitely better then my last job and i go home happy everyday !"

Current Employee - Medical Scheduler in Winter Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Medical Scheduler in Winter Springs, FL

I have been working at HealthFair full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they are very open and honest and understanding.

Cons

none i haven't came across.