HealthSmart "401k match" Reviews | Glassdoor

HealthSmart Employee Reviews about "401k match"

Updated Jun 7, 2019

2.1
HealthSmart Chief Executive Officer Phil Christianson (no image)
Phil Christianson
Pros
  • "Scheduled work from home day once a week and every other Friday(in 7 reviews)

• "No pros working here at Healthsmart(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Nothing negative to say about this company other than it would be nice to have 401k match(in 12 reviews)

• "Work Life balance is lacking, Benefits are okay, no 401k match(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "401k match"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Proposal Coordinator"

Current Employee - Proposal Coordinator in Irving, TX

I have been working at HealthSmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Scheduled work from home day once a week and every other Friday. Gym available on site and free to use during lunch break, before or after work. On site clinic available, free if you have company insurance, $40 if you don't. My department is pretty flexible with working around kids schedule or from home if kid sick.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about this company other than it would be nice to have 401k match.

HealthSmart2019-06-07

"The Cons Exceeded The Pros"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at HealthSmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PTO. Onsite clinic for those with the PPO healthcare plan (premium). They have a gym too but you need to drive to that location since there's two office location. Our last CEO got fired off, and at the time the company was not profitable. We have a better CEO now (hopefully but not sure). For my position, it was a stress free but I know several other departments that wipe (figuratively) their employees.

Cons

You should know this company losing money every year and is working on breaking even. NO 401k matching, Bonus, Pension, raise above 2%, work from home privilege, a large cafeteria with a crew of chefs! My new employer have all of that and then some! No new projects and a slow adapting to adopt new technologies. No room to move up or side way; mostly unprofessional jobs that doesn't require degree are posted. The company does micromanage but it depends on your position and whether you're a skilled worker or not. If you're a skilled worker, you add new capabilities to the organization that the company doesn't have before and can work independently; Like IT. But if you're not skilled then you do what management wants you do and do it as fast and accurate as possible while being micromanaged; which sucks. Certain office space is a no cell phone zone and you're not permitted to use the cell phone in order to meet compliance. Small talk is very rare around here. The casual clothing feels very unprofessional although it could be a pro for some people.

Advice to Management

Focus on automation or outsourcing jobs. Consolidate departments to remove duplication of effort and headcount. Consolidate offices to reduce rent cost. The goals is to keep the most talented with generous offers & raises and keep the organization lean. You should consider ways to automate repetitive tasks by adopting new tools.

HealthSmart2018-02-07

"Claims Consultant"

Former Employee - Claims Consultant in Charleston, WV

I worked at HealthSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

18 days vacation to start

Cons

High turnover. No 401K match.

HealthSmart2018-01-15
  4. "getting better/still needs work"

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at HealthSmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PTO Work from home Benefits are ok - not the best

Cons

no 401K match Pay turnover with Management Management in general

HealthSmart2017-10-16
  5. "N/A"

I have been working at HealthSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company provides growth/advancement opportunities with friendly, realistic, transparent, hard working, intelligent individuals with aligned goals and drive for positive impact. Salary is competitive, PTO is generous, and employees are engaged.

Cons

The Health Care industry is ever changing and evolving to provide individual needs for unlimited conditions. With that in mind, must be able to adapt to change, be open-minded, and be ready to make a difference. Structure/processes need some re-vamping, updating, and consistency. No 401k match.

Advice to Management

-Team building exercises -Town Halls -Suggestion Box -Company Event(s):community engagements, charities, volunteering, 5k, family day/picnic, annual banquet, etc. -Increase/enhance ways to educate, empower, motivate, and share/spread positive experiences

HealthSmart2017-04-25

"Has potential if would get good management"

I worked at HealthSmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A decent amount of PTO and paid holidays, wellness day, and plans for 401k matching. No out of pocket costs for some procedures is a nice benefit.

Cons

Health benefits overall are poor at best with a high deductible. No 401k matching. No PTO rollover. No flexibility with scheduling. It is understood that managers must meet business needs - there is no understanding that employees have a life outside of work and need time for appointments, life events, etc. Management develops improvements to work flow with no input from the staff who actually know how to do the job. Slow hiring process to replace the employees who are fortunate enough to find better employment or a hiring freeze. Most unorganized company I've worked for.

Advice to Management

Try listening to staff. Act like you care about staff. Realize staff have lives too. Live what you preach.

HealthSmart2016-07-04

"Very Troubling Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Senior Management in Charleston, WV

I have been working at HealthSmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are still a few good people in key positions that make the company worth fighting for. Salaries for most positions are decent. There are a few benefits that look really great, but unfortunately they are only available in certain areas and the largest office has been largely ignored in that area.

Cons

The new HR and corporate initiatives are troubling. We are told across the board how many people to reduce without regard to the amount of work and experience that will be impacted. I have employees who routinely work 50-60 hours every week, sometimes more, just to keep the lights on. If they were hourly, that would be one thing, but my team is salary. The insurance benefits are horrible. We have a high deductible plan and as someone who has rarely used it more than for a couple of office visits a year, I can tell you I pay out far more than I have ever used it. We have suggested repeatedly to move to an HSA format so people can spend their own money and have more accountability for their costs, but that suggestion has been soundly ignored. Still no 401K match although it was promised this year.

Advice to Management

As we lose business, we are forced to make staffing cuts. As we make staffing cuts across the board, every area of customer service is impacted and we lose more business. It is a vicious cycle. You have to invest in your business to succeed. Invest in good leadership, good business practices, good product and execute consistency with informed understanding of decision impact. We have an excellent product and some good people still driving to drive this boat, but everything else needs significant work.

HealthSmart2016-06-28

"Definitely worst job I've ever had - miserable place to work"

I have been working at HealthSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very few. Only good thing are the days you have off so you don't have to be at work.

Cons

Very low pay, benefits are too expensive, raises are non-existent, no 401K match, very low morale, extremely high turnover, no incentives, horrible upper management,.

Advice to Management

Get rid of everyone in upper management and start fresh. Stop with the lies and false promises.

HealthSmart2015-07-21

"The absolute worst company I've ever worked for!!!!!"

Former Employee - Intake Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at HealthSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very few. The only positive things are the days you have off. You might get an adequate amount of PTO but the work environment is so unpleasant so you definitely need them. You do get the Friday after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve off.

Cons

The pay is extremely low, raises are non-existent, benefits are expensive, no 401K match, management has their heads buried in the sand and don't care to make much needed improvements, morale is extremely low, very high turnover, many unhappy employees......should I continue?

Advice to Management

Stop ignoring the facts and stop making up excuses and lies. Try rewarding and giving employees a reason to want to work there. Open your eyes and figure out why you can't retain employees.

HealthSmart2015-07-20

"Run Away"

I worked at HealthSmart

Pros

PTO is reasonable. Work hours are reasonable.

Cons

Too many to name. No 401k match

Advice to Management

At least act like you'd like to get to know your employees

HealthSmart2015-05-12