Healthcare Scouts Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Recruiter

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bill Morgan

Pros
  • Really great people to work with (in 6 reviews)

• I hope that they find an organization that will offer a work/life balance to them and provide a healthier environment that isn (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Turnover never ends and no job security (in 7 reviews)

• Skip through these positive reviews to the real ones on the next few pages (in 5 reviews)

"Get a life."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HealthCare Scouts provides the opportunity for it's employees to make a good living and gain experience in sales. A year ago, I would not have recommended a friend to work here, but with the positive changes in management, I would proudly recommend HealthCare Scouts as a great place to work. For those who have left and continue to create different profiles to write negative reviews on the internet, some of the changes that have happened lately, you may not even be aware of. Our company now offers a 401k matching program, will no longer have a shared services department, and is still continuing to see growth in revenue. If you are the type of person who plays games on your cell phone all day, comes in 15-20 minutes late each morning, contributes less than 4 submittals each week, AND has a terrible attitude about WORKING on jobs, then this will not be the fit for you. If you have a positive mindset, want to WORK for what is given to you, and have the drive to be successful, then you will succeed here. As a recruiter, what we do is not rocket science, but it does take effort. The utter laziness and poor attitudes of some of the people that have worked here, make it difficult to even hit minimum standards (which in turn, won't make you any money). Although our office space has expanded, we still do not have room for people like that. I am not in management and no one has asked me to write a review on here. I am simply sick of these people using Glassdoor as their voice, when in all reality they did nothing while employed here.

Cons

For the people who are still employed here writing negative reviews, please do yourself, and the rest of us a favor and resign immediately. You're obviously miserable, and that is no way to live your life. If you have been employed here and were looking for a job the entire time, I feel sorry that it took you months to find a different organization that would hire someone with a poor work ethic and attitude like yours. If you have moved on to other opportunities, please stop trash talking our organization and focus your time and energy on your new position...maybe then, you MIGHT be successful.

Advice to Management

Please make some of these obvious changes faster. Continue to invest time in the people who care and want to succeed, who will then give the biggest return.

"Admitting the mistake"

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

98% of the people. A professional environment that hires entry level, trains and develops, and rewards results. My previous employer paid everyone the same, regardless of work ethic, commitment or results. It is nice to work for a company who rewards those who deserve it. Oh, and my Director. She doesn't talk down to me. She doesn't talk down to our team. I leave work everyday thankful I got this job. Leadership, they do listen. They just don't listen to the B.S.

Cons

2% of the the people (I think, not sure how many there are of you). This is the mistake. There are a group of people, who everyone knows. They are tied to the same circle, who think working 1 hour a day and playing candy crush the rest will yield results. No wonder the Directors get frustrated. They don't get called out on social media, they just sit on it all day and blame everyone else. There are also people who claim to have worked here a year, knew from the beginning they hated it and collected a pay check for a year. Get rid of them- if they were good at their job they would have found themselves a new one before a year.

Advice to Management

You know who is on your team. Who cares about the company and the people who work for the company. You know who doesn't.

"This is a toxic company lacking leadership"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a job. Nothing more, nothing less. If you are looking to work they will pretty much hire anyone that presents half way decent.

Cons

I am normally not a review writer, but this situation is toxic. Fake promises, fake leadership, just fake. Most of what you are told during the interview is quickly forgotten after you are hired. Beware.

Advice to Management

Learn the ability to sell and train - then position your staff so their efforts actually pay off. The employee's need to earn their success, no doubt. I see way to many working hard and trying to learn just to go by the waste side. Most of your employees are interviewing elsewhere. They inner circle is too nervous to make a move, but they talk about it all the time. Toxic.

"They shed their bad reputation w/ a change in mgmt"

Current Employee - National Recruiting Consultant in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - National Recruiting Consultant in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time

Pros

- They invest in their employees from the very beginning (good salary, training, etc.) even though they are well aware it will take months for you to become a profitable recruiter
    - Hands down, the best company culture I've been apart of... the leadership staff is always going out of their way for their employees; treating the employees with respect and dignity, and also making sure we have a good amount of autonomy when doing our work
    - True open door policy, the president or vice president will take time out of their day to help you with anything you may need.
    - Great work/life balance: They're very understanding of, and encouraging towards, commitments outside of the workplace and will help work around your schedule to help you achieve those (e.g. family, continuing education, etc.)
    - If you've got the personality for it, the work really isn't too difficult at all -- that being said, external recruiting isn't for everyone
    - Very professional and friendly coworkers, always a pleasure coming to work

Cons

- Would like to see a more aggressive health insurance plan, which I've been told was in the works.
    - Sometimes the office temperature runs a little warm, especially in the hot Florida summer

Advice to Management

I was nervous at first when coming to this company, especially being at my former employer for so long, and seeing that it was right in the middle of a growth period for the company (lots of new recruiters). The poor reviews on here didn't do much to alleviate my fears, which I'm guessing either occurred under the previous senior leadership, or by disgruntled employees with an ax to grind. The president got wind of that and pulled me aside into his office and personally addressed every concern I had. Mind you, I was maybe two weeks into the job when that happened. He had no idea if I was going to be a good employee or a bust, but he still made sure to address and explain every concern I had. The VP and President are both extremely encouraging towards personal and professional goals, even if those goals might not line up with you making a career out of Healthcare Scouts - the fact that they do care so much, knowing that one day their employees might leave for something else, is what makes working here so special.

Healthcare Scouts Response

Sep 26, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

Thank you for the review, we look forward to keeping up the culture and continual growth.

"It is what you make it"

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great environment of young hungry people looking to make money. The culture can be fun if you enjoy the people around you, if you are constantly negative you will attain negative results.

Cons

High turnover can create unrest in the workplace, this industry consistently has high turnover. You get what you give, just like everything else.

Advice to Management

Be completely transparent with your employees, no more micro managing.
    "It doesn't make sense to high smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do"
    -Steve Jobs

Sep 12, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

At HealthCare Scouts we empower our employees to make decisions and come to us with ideas. We encourage feedback and transparency at all levels.

"Its call "WORK" for a reason!"

Current Employee - National Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

Pros

I am current employed with Healthcare Scouts and let me tell you it is not at all what some of these "reviews" would have you believe. This is an excellent place to work with great leaders who actually care about the success of their employee's. Because at the end of the day the more successful we are as recruiters, the more successful the company is as a whole. It is called "WORK" for a reason. One must put forth effort in order to truly see results. If you are lazy, need your hand held, and can't be self-motivated. This isn't the place for you. The money is there if you want it. Cheers!

Cons

In any environment there are office politics but that comes with the territory.

Advice to Management

Debbie and Bill! Please keep up the great work! We appreciate you both!

Sep 12, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

Our team puts in the work here at HealthCare Scouts and reaps the rewards. We are proud the work that our team does day in and day out. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.

"No internal mobility"

Former Employee - National Recruiting Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - National Recruiting Consultant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time

Pros

For recruiters- This is great training! You’re learning how to recruit in a wildly difficult environment and on challenging jobs. You’ll do well when you take this experience to your next employer and your next employer will be well aware of the reputation Scouts has. I would advise you do this sooner rather than later.

There are some GREAT people who have/do work here. It is wildly unfair to them and their families how they get tossed around, discarded, and worked beyond healthy levels. I hope that they find an organization that will offer a work/life balance to them and provide a healthier environment that isn’t dominated by fear.

Cons

It’s been mentioned, that Scouts is the lab rat to Health Care Support, or maybe it’s just a demented social experiment for the amusement of the company owner. This couldn’t be more true! He tries things out on Scouts and if it puts more money in his pocket, he implements it at Support. If it doesn’t result in improvement in 4-6 weeks, he reorganizes the entire company all over again. I don’t even bother sharing the stories about what’s new, and what’s changing. It too crazy to even believe and to be present for it is exhausting. At times it feels down right abusive. The lashings come out in the morning and ice cream deliveries come in the afternoon to put a Band-Aid on things and make you forget the sting.

The owner is a snake in the grass. He chooses to point the finger at our former Presidents (plural) and blame them for running his company into the ground. The way he describes the people that were is former go-to people is disgusting, disruptive, and unsettling. Newsflash: Regardless of who sits in the President seat, the CEO stays the same. He is driving force behind all of the cockamamie decisions. As the owner, he won’t go anywhere until ready to sell so please, continue to shame those that have left to divert attention away from your own failings.

Fact: The company has terminated or seen the resignation of 26 people in the past 6 months. At a company this size, that’s over 30%, and how many people are in producer positions? 40? So we just turned 26 out of 40? Yikes. Better make new hires “healthcare experts” in a hurry.

Fact: Of those that left FOUR of them were your senior leadership team, with one of them moving into a different role in the company altogether. Four. That’s the entire leadership group! What is going on here? What kind of company is that unstable? If all the leaders have turned, who’s driving this train…could it be our CEO?

Advice to Management

For those that acquired the former President's clients- keep on keeping on. Yes, you got lucky and were in the right place at the right time, but not before you worked your tails off as recruiters. This role was not handed to you. You earned it, contrary to what these reviews say. Drive your cars and cash your checks.

For leadership- enjoy rebutting this review by posting a new one about how great Scouts is.

Everyone else- watch your back and dust off your resume

Sep 12, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

We take all feedback into consideration and look forward to offering career progression and continuous training to our current staff.

"The positive reviews are fake"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They'll hire pretty much anyone (only because there's no hesitation in firing anyone). So if you're lacking experience this is a foot in the door.

Cons

Expect to be treated like a number.

Advice to Management

Employees who believe that management is concerned about them as a whole person – not just an employee – are more productive, more satisfied, more fulfilled. Satisfied employees mean satisfied customers, which leads to profitability

Sep 12, 2016 – Corporate Support Manager

We are invested and care about our HealthCare Scouts employees and continue to strive for improvement. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

"You Get What You Give"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staffing is not for everyone. This is my first job in the industry and I have quickly seen that this is the type of career where the work either 'clicks', or not. It is not 'rocket science', and is not a technically difficult job, but not everyone is guaranteed success. You are given the tools and training necessary, and are expected to put in the right level of effort to achieve the desired results (this level of effort looks different for everyone...some individuals need to work harder than others but that is the nature of any job, in my opinion). It's a job, so you have to do the work-surprise! Yes, there are expectations and metrics. Yes, you have to be a good 'culture fit', but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that not every shoe will fit on every foot. At this organization you are working with a great group of individuals with outgoing, personable attitudes who are great to be around on a daily basis. You are praised for your successes by your peers and leadership, encouraged along the way, and for the most part have the autonomy to do things as you see fit, without someone breathing down your neck. You can see a clear pattern in most of the individuals that have been with the company long term and have achieved a high level of success...they work hard every single day without becoming complacent, are flexible, and have an open relationship with leadership.

Cons

There are periods of turnover that seem to come in waves and lower overall morale from time to time. It can be stressful to see your peers leave/get let go, but in reality, 90% of the time it is not a huge surprise to anyone when someone leaves or is fired.

Advice to Management

The training (and this has nothing to do with past/present trainers, just the material) is a little bit boring...maybe incorporate some games or activities to make it more interactive, especially for the 'continued education' trainings.

"You get what you put in"

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very metric driven environment that pays off if you're willing to put forth the effort. They offer incentives from small gift cards up to a company car to keep the competition alive within the office. I truly enjoy working alongside my co-workers who are respectful.

Cons

Some turnover, but it's valid as metrics were not being made.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work as you now have a solid leadership team.