Healthcare Scouts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bill Morgan

Pros
  • Really great people to work with (in 6 reviews)

• I hope that they find an organization that will offer a work/life balance to them and provide a healthier environment that isn (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Turnover never ends and no job security (in 7 reviews)

• Skip through these positive reviews to the real ones on the next few pages (in 5 reviews)

"Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, competitive pay, and the directors/coworkers are always helpful

Cons

A lot to handle at times

"Get a life."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HealthCare Scouts provides the opportunity for it's employees to make a good living and gain experience in sales. A year ago, I would not have recommended a friend to work here, but with the positive changes in management, I would proudly recommend HealthCare Scouts as a great place to work. For those who have left and continue to create different profiles to write negative reviews on the internet, some of the changes that have happened lately, you may not even be aware of. Our company now offers a 401k matching program, will no longer have a shared services department, and is still continuing to see growth in revenue. If you are the type of person who plays games on your cell phone all day, comes in 15-20 minutes late each morning, contributes less than 4 submittals each week, AND has a terrible attitude about WORKING on jobs, then this will not be the fit for you. If you have a positive mindset, want to WORK for what is given to you, and have the drive to be successful, then you will succeed here. As a recruiter, what we do is not rocket science, but it does take effort. The utter laziness and poor attitudes of some of the people that have worked here, make it difficult to even hit minimum standards (which in turn, won't make you any money). Although our office space has expanded, we still do not have room for people like that. I am not in management and no one has asked me to write a review on here. I am simply sick of these people using Glassdoor as their voice, when in all reality they did nothing while employed here.

Cons

For the people who are still employed here writing negative reviews, please do yourself, and the rest of us a favor and resign immediately. You're obviously miserable, and that is no way to live your life. If you have been employed here and were looking for a job the entire time, I feel sorry that it took you months to find a different organization that would hire someone with a poor work ethic and attitude like yours. If you have moved on to other opportunities, please stop trash talking our organization and focus your time and energy on your new position...maybe then, you MIGHT be successful.

Advice to Management

Please make some of these obvious changes faster. Continue to invest time in the people who care and want to succeed, who will then give the biggest return.

"Recruiting Skills"

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership who listens to the voices of their team. For example- 401k match program and dedicated services deparment. Autonomous work environment with no micro management, team contests and incentives. My team and leadership on my team care about be as an individual and a professional. We work hard and have fun at the same time.

Cons

The wrong people are being targeted here. If you come for an interview and sit with me I will be happy to tell you how it really is. I prefer to put my time and energy into making money and building people up. I have the opportunity to do both at Healthcare Scouts.

Advice to Management

Make it clear whose job it is in to bring in clients. Perhaps more time will be spent on doing that versus chatting it up, endless coffee breaks and constant Skype message pings to the recruiters about happy hour. For those working nearby it is getting frustrating.

"Admitting the mistake"

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

98% of the people. A professional environment that hires entry level, trains and develops, and rewards results. My previous employer paid everyone the same, regardless of work ethic, commitment or results. It is nice to work for a company who rewards those who deserve it. Oh, and my Director. She doesn't talk down to me. She doesn't talk down to our team. I leave work everyday thankful I got this job. Leadership, they do listen. They just don't listen to the B.S.

Cons

2% of the the people (I think, not sure how many there are of you). This is the mistake. There are a group of people, who everyone knows. They are tied to the same circle, who think working 1 hour a day and playing candy crush the rest will yield results. No wonder the Directors get frustrated. They don't get called out on social media, they just sit on it all day and blame everyone else. There are also people who claim to have worked here a year, knew from the beginning they hated it and collected a pay check for a year. Get rid of them- if they were good at their job they would have found themselves a new one before a year.

Advice to Management

You know who is on your team. Who cares about the company and the people who work for the company. You know who doesn't.

"We Happy Few"

Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money is good, good is coffee and the company t-shirt's are comfortable. High quality drama, love triangles, affairs, like working in an episode of Real World. Good stuff.

Cons

90% of the staff is pretentious, expect that. Everyone sports a fake smile, but you can see the misery in their eyes. Seasoned staff has a cult like mentality about the place. There's a few happy people there but they work in accounting.

Advice to Management

Work/Life Balance - your people need it bad.

"This is a toxic company lacking leadership"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a job. Nothing more, nothing less. If you are looking to work they will pretty much hire anyone that presents half way decent.

Cons

I am normally not a review writer, but this situation is toxic. Fake promises, fake leadership, just fake. Most of what you are told during the interview is quickly forgotten after you are hired. Beware.

Advice to Management

Learn the ability to sell and train - then position your staff so their efforts actually pay off. The employee's need to earn their success, no doubt. I see way to many working hard and trying to learn just to go by the waste side. Most of your employees are interviewing elsewhere. They inner circle is too nervous to make a move, but they talk about it all the time. Toxic.

"They shed their bad reputation w/ a change in mgmt"

Current Employee - National Recruiting Consultant in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - National Recruiting Consultant in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time

Pros

- They invest in their employees from the very beginning (good salary, training, etc.) even though they are well aware it will take months for you to become a profitable recruiter
    - Hands down, the best company culture I've been apart of... the leadership staff is always going out of their way for their employees; treating the employees with respect and dignity, and also making sure we have a good amount of autonomy when doing our work
    - True open door policy, the president or vice president will take time out of their day to help you with anything you may need.
    - Great work/life balance: They're very understanding of, and encouraging towards, commitments outside of the workplace and will help work around your schedule to help you achieve those (e.g. family, continuing education, etc.)
    - If you've got the personality for it, the work really isn't too difficult at all -- that being said, external recruiting isn't for everyone
    - Very professional and friendly coworkers, always a pleasure coming to work

Cons

- Would like to see a more aggressive health insurance plan, which I've been told was in the works.
    - Sometimes the office temperature runs a little warm, especially in the hot Florida summer

Advice to Management

I was nervous at first when coming to this company, especially being at my former employer for so long, and seeing that it was right in the middle of a growth period for the company (lots of new recruiters). The poor reviews on here didn't do much to alleviate my fears, which I'm guessing either occurred under the previous senior leadership, or by disgruntled employees with an ax to grind. The president got wind of that and pulled me aside into his office and personally addressed every concern I had. Mind you, I was maybe two weeks into the job when that happened. He had no idea if I was going to be a good employee or a bust, but he still made sure to address and explain every concern I had. The VP and President are both extremely encouraging towards personal and professional goals, even if those goals might not line up with you making a career out of Healthcare Scouts - the fact that they do care so much, knowing that one day their employees might leave for something else, is what makes working here so special.

Healthcare Scouts Response

Sep 26, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

Thank you for the review, we look forward to keeping up the culture and continual growth.

"It is what you make it"

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great environment of young hungry people looking to make money. The culture can be fun if you enjoy the people around you, if you are constantly negative you will attain negative results.

Cons

High turnover can create unrest in the workplace, this industry consistently has high turnover. You get what you give, just like everything else.

Advice to Management

Be completely transparent with your employees, no more micro managing.
    "It doesn't make sense to high smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do"
    -Steve Jobs

Sep 12, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

At HealthCare Scouts we empower our employees to make decisions and come to us with ideas. We encourage feedback and transparency at all levels.

"The Real Deal"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a current employee, I feel slightly ashamed that I haven't put up a post until now. Mainly because like most working people that have a great job, it doesn't occur to me that I should go to a website and tell people about it. However, after reading the reviews, I feel compelled to do so, and NO I am not in management nor has anyone at Scouts asked me or anyone to my knowledge to write this. Let's start with the facts, most of the individuals that are hired here are for sales roles (news flash, recruiting is a sales position) since we are a sales organization. If you do not have an interest in sales, or in calling people and being on the phone all day, recruiting isn't for you. Recruiting can be difficult for a lot of people. It takes a certain type of personality to do well. Sometimes its hard to tell who will succeed in this business and who will not. Because of that, like most sales organizations, there is turnover. People leave because the job isn't for them and people are exited eventually for the same reason. Nothing more. I have been in sales for a long time and attrition in sales environments is nothing new. What makes this company stand out among other recruiting opportunities and other opportunities in general, is the openness of the leadership team, the above average pay and commission that can be made (and they don't change the commission structure every year so that you never know what you are going to make), work/life balance, and the overall attitude of the majority of those that work here. Its a great group of people and plenty of them have been here for many years.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of the reviews on here are either from people that did not see success in this business or the success they were hoping for and are disgruntled over it, or those that think its "greener on the other side". I get it, I've been there too in my life. I have worked for large corporations and small entities, and I can assure you, this is a great place to work. Period. Is this the last job you will ever have? Probably not, but you will have the ability to make great money and learn a great business alongside great people. Yes, management has turned over a few times, but each has brought something new to the roles they serve and the company has been better for it. The current management seems to truly care about the employees and maintains a fun and energetic environment and is extremely open to new ideas. I get the sense that they really want everyone to be able to come in each day, make a great living and enjoy the time they spend here.

I could go on for awhile about the reviews I have read on here and how absolutely absurd they are, to be honest, but I will not waste more time targeting them. I would encourage anyone interested in working here to come in and see for yourself. Talk to some of the employees at random, ask them whatever questions you have and I think you will find something different then many of the reviews on this site would have you believe.

I did not come from recruiting, or the healthcare industry when I was hired here. I was in sales and sales management looking for a company I could believe in. I worked hard as a recruiter and was rewarded and continue to be. I have gained an immense amount of knowledge during my time here, and will continue to do so. I love being a part of Scouts and look forward to what we will continue to accomplish together.

Cons

To work here long term or to make good money, you have to work hard...bottom line. If you are not ready or willing to do that at this point in your career then this is not an industry for you. You are also going to have to invest some time. A few months will sometimes not be enough to evaluate a new career choice.

And change...yes there is continual change here as this small company continues to evolve into a much larger and stronger one. Keep this in mind, change is constant in any business. That is why we have the saying that the only constant...is in fact change. I learned well before working here to embrace change, even when that change is incredibly uncertain. Working at Scouts has only helped me embrace it further.

If you really want to split hairs, ancillary health benefits could be a little better, but considering we are a small private company, they are better than most. I know they do their best to provide us the best they can. The way they treat employees and how they handle personal needs far make up for anything on that front anyways.

To continue on the honesty front, parking can be tough, so you have to get here early.

Advice to Management

Change can be hard, continue to be transparent in the direction you are moving the company. However, since change can be difficult for some and the majority of employees have not had a lot of exposure to it, be mindful that the changes you are making may need more foresight and explanation then you feel necessary. Make sure there remains to be an open forum to express concerns or ask additional questions and, above all, ask for feedback, ideas and improvements, no matter how small.

I believe in the direction we are headed, but belief and trust can falter when you feel like you are wearing a blindfold. We can only get there, together.

Sep 12, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

We appreciate the feedback and have a management philosophy of transparency and will continue on our growth pattern. We agree we can only be successful together.

"Its call "WORK" for a reason!"

Current Employee - National Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

Pros

I am current employed with Healthcare Scouts and let me tell you it is not at all what some of these "reviews" would have you believe. This is an excellent place to work with great leaders who actually care about the success of their employee's. Because at the end of the day the more successful we are as recruiters, the more successful the company is as a whole. It is called "WORK" for a reason. One must put forth effort in order to truly see results. If you are lazy, need your hand held, and can't be self-motivated. This isn't the place for you. The money is there if you want it. Cheers!

Cons

In any environment there are office politics but that comes with the territory.

Advice to Management

Debbie and Bill! Please keep up the great work! We appreciate you both!

Sep 12, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

Our team puts in the work here at HealthCare Scouts and reaps the rewards. We are proud the work that our team does day in and day out. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.