Healthcare Scouts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Bill Morgan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Really great people to work with (in 6 reviews)

• when people say they love what they do, but I truly love waking up and coming to work every single day (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Turnover never ends and no job security (in 7 reviews)

• Skip through these positive reviews to the real ones on the next few pages (in 5 reviews)

"My new career!"

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like the staffing industry and like the company a lot! They really care about their employees and provide us an opportunity to make a lot of commission. We do fun things and get involved in community events by going to expos and supporting charities. Team building is a big focus too!

Cons

None. Just do your job and you're in great shape.

Advice to Management

Management is really good. Genuine and care about our goals and helping us get there. Would be nice to have a company 401k match of some kind.

"If you are money-motivated, this is the where you want to work."

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Two weeks of hands-on training and plenty of manager/leadership support. Great Benefits, strong base salary to get you started, awesome atmosphere. Great incentives beyond commission (car incentive, annual trips, beach condo, etc).

Cons

If you don't like sales goals or working productively for a full 8 hours a day, then I guess you could say that's a con. It is made plain and simple during the hiring process that it is a results-driven employment. Work hard, stick with it and the rest is simple.

"RUN, RUN, RUN! IF...you just want $35K, want to hide behind everyone else's success and want a free ride!"

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

These poor reviews are a joke and probably come from people who couldn't handle being part of a winning team that actually holds you accountable. The company is set up for producers and team players NOT slackers. Get over yourself and move on to your next average job where I'm sure you will continue to be average at best. Everything is explained up front several times about expectations, training, culture and more. If you don't work you won't last period. There's no secret in this and there's nothing wrong with this. Some people might find it harsh but I appreciate that the CEO Don Langmo and COO CJ Rodriguez weed out these people. They put in a new Director of Recruiting, Christy Byrd who is great too! They gave me and many others who didn't have experience a chance to learn recruiting and make a good career. Yes, I have seen turnover but why would a smart company want to hold on to unproductive people and why would YOU want to stay somewhere that you don't like. I don't appreciate people who come in and are okay making $35K and want to complain that their feelings are hurt because they can't handle a REAL conversation. To the reviewer who "cant wait to find another job"... you are EXACTLY why I appreciate the CEO & COO. Stop trying to slam a good company, quit and let us who are here for a real career and to help people actually do it. I believe the good reviews are REAL!!! I'm a current employee and I DO approve of the COO, CJ Rodriguez. I've met some really great people here that have become my friends. There are a LOT of perks:

- Advancement (not based on favoritism but on actual PRODUCTION!)
    - Good base slary + excellent commission
    - M-F 8am - 5pm (I've only had to work OT once but they DO pay for OT) and it's never on weekends AND they are flexible if you have kids, school, etc.
    - Good benefits
    - PTO
    - Company trips
    - Car incentive program
    - Award & recognition
    - Team outings
    - Potluck luncheons
    - Training (Lots of it!)
    - AND MORE!

Cons

NONE, none, none. Just do your job.

Advice to Management

Keep up EVERYTHING you are doing! I have goals and don't want someone coming in working on my team orders and not doing a good job. This takes money away from me and others here to make a great living and career.

"Good things happening with this company"

Current Employee - National Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - National Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my first experience working with a recruiting firm even though I have many friends in the business. I've compared a lot of notes over long conversations with my colleagues and healthcare scouts is ahead of the game on a lot of levels. My buddy's compensation is lower than ours and they have a cap or draw in most cases. The environment is reAlly good. It's competitive with some edge to make certain your on top of your game all the time which is great because I'm a pretty competitive person and like to rank in the top. We get highlighted all the time but we are also held accountable. The training is good too. Very thorough and leadership all the way to the President is approachable and takes time to stop and connect with you to see how things are going.

Cons

None really. We just went through benefits enrollment and there isn't a 401k match but overall the benefits that we can select from are good.

Advice to Management

It's been mentioned that we are bringing in some additional heavy hitters to help continue to grow the company. My goal is to continue to grow and prove myself so that I can be considered for those advancement opportunities. Keep your eye out for internal performers. I've seen some good movement in their promoting from within and feel they have a good balance here.

"Endless opportunities here!"

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really great people to work with. Leadership is accessible and open anytime. Recruiting is everything I hopped it would be. Get to help good people and make a solid living if you work hard and make no excuses. I like that leadership holds people at the same standard. Nice to see that I can grow and move up based on my own efforts and not be trumped by someone who doesn't work as hard or have the same level of production just because they've been here longer. Very fair and positive environment. I've never seen this much business and can't wait to continue to help people.

Cons

Candidates can impact your reputation no matter how hard you work. That can make the job feel like you have added pressure when your trying to meet company metrics. I'm learning I have control over a lot of things. You just need to stay positive.

Advice to Management

I like the direction of where the company Is going. It's good to see more leadership is being hired to help everyone in the company.

"I like this company!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is really a good company to work for. I'm sad to see haters who probably didn't do their job tear it up with bad reviews. I have not seen or expereinced anything negative here. There is a core group of producers that are outstanding and have helped me A LOT! Leadership is direct and very open to ideas, change and helping us. I've gone into their office at different times and they have always helped me no matter what. I believe they really do care and the President's message is easy to follow. If you wk hard and do your job you can have a great career here. There's been several promotions foe people since I've been here and it's because they worked hard and brought results.

Cons

Neative people are draining! It's tough sitting next to someone who always complains when they aren't producting. If you are one who tends to go with that flow - don't apply. You won't last and that's a good thing for me!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people who want to work hard and be part of a great team!

"National Recruiting Consultant"

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time

Pros

Great People!
    $$$$$ "All I see is dollar signs!"
    I worked at Scouts for a while and left on my own terms. No company is perfect but you get out what you put in! I'd come back and work for them if I could, but it's kind of hard when you move out of state!

Cons

It's always freezing! Invest in a heater and a coat

Advice to Management

Keep your head up! A lot of stones being casted but you've overcome greater!

Healthcare Scouts Response

Feb 13, 2016 – President

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you are on the road to a great career outside of FL. Our current space definitely has fluctuations on temperature but we are excited to share that we will... More

"A-Plus Company!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good starting salary, unlimited bonus/earning potential, great atmosphere with a very nice and helpful team

Cons

There are no big cons to address

Advice to Management

Recent changes have had a positive impact and team morale is high; keep it up!

"Best place to work!"

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. I love it here. I have been here for over a year and a half and enjoy waking up and coming to work every day. Everyone is extremely friendly and I have made some great friends here. We have really good benefits and great incentives like a company car, trips, bonuses, and much more. The management really cares about their employees and strive to make it a great company culture.

Cons

I don't have any negatives about my job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work :)

"Amazing career opportunity"

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons that I love working for Healthcare Scouts is the fast opportunity of growth that comes with working in such a fast growing organization. I also have the pleasure of working with an amazing group of individuals that are not only motivated to succeed but also driven to push themselves every day. Working at Healthcare Scouts has proven to be one of the most rewarding yet challenging experiences of my professional career but I can honestly say that I am a much better person today because of those challenges. I am very proud to work with a company that focuses not only on its own growth but in the growth of its employees, it might sound cliché when people say they love what they do, but I truly love waking up and coming to work every single day.

Cons

Every company has its pros and its cons I personally have not experienced any cons while working at Healthcare Scouts. If you do your best every day, work hard, have a positive attitude, as well as dedicate your time to master your craft you will like me have a positive rewarding experience with Healthcare Scouts.