Healthcare Scouts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Bill Morgan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Really great people to work with (in 6 reviews)

• when people say they love what they do, but I truly love waking up and coming to work every single day (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Turnover never ends and no job security (in 7 reviews)

• Skip through these positive reviews to the real ones on the next few pages (in 5 reviews)

"Positive changes"

Pros

The company has made a lot of positive changes since I started. The President is highly respected at all levels, recruiters to directors. Company meetings are positive, quick and to the point. Current leadership treats everyone on even playing field, and the sales/recruiter relationship mirrors a team vs silo. We have some of the best clients and job orders I have seen since I started.

Cons

Lack of consistency in performance metrics. For ramping recruiters or recruiters moving into a "tenured" status there is a lack of understanding and possibly direction in expectations. On the flip side, established recruiters and sales are held to their activity expectation. With a green team this can cause in congruency in activity and placements, putting more pressure on those already hitting their metrics and a sales team with a bunch of unfilled jobs.

Advice to Management

This place went from an environment where the vibe of the office changed as quickly as the weather in our Florida summer to a place where people enjoy coming to work. Thank you. My only feedback would be that everyone needs to contribute to the growth objectives of the organization. Finding a way to add layers between sales and recruiting can help keep the activity expectation visible and consistent as we continue to add talent.

"Work Hard and Make Money"

Current Employee - National Recruiting Consultant
    Current Employee - National Recruiting Consultant

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The harder you work, the more money you will make. Those that complain, or sit there doing nothing and wonder why "no one picks up," or "I haven't gotten a placement in a month" don't have a real understanding what recruiting is. It isn't for everyone, but it sure is for those that want to make really good money without the hoops to jump through. Your work is a direct correlation to your success at HealthCare Scouts.

Mele, the Corporate Trainer, has trained the best of the best recruiters, and was trained by some of the best of the best Account Directors. I owe her quite a bit of my success by how she trained me. All of the directors, Olivia, Danielle, Willie, Caroline, Christie and Sheree, as well as the Director of Recruiting, Todd, are beyond busy... but always there for recruiting advice (and if you simply need a friend that day).

The newly promoted Account Managers, Taryn, Jana, Deanna and Judy are CONSTANTLY working their tails off to ensure we keep getting fast feedback, new jobs... and therefor money in our pockets!

Cons

If you're not someone that can stay positive during the slow or hard times, you're never going to last in recruiting. We're dealing with peoples' lives. There are things out of our control as recruiters-- if someone falls off or doesn't call you back, there's 10 others that will. There's ALWAYS someone that will.

Advice to Management

Having a CEO, CFO, President, Vice President, Corporate Trainer, and Director of Recruiting constantly focused on helping recruiters be the best they can be is a great change from a corporate environment (who can say that their President and Vice President walk around to say hi almost every morning at work?? I can!) Thank you for the hard work, and please stay true to that as you have been.

"Overall great experience"

Former Employee - National Recruiting Consultant in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - National Recruiting Consultant in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working at Scouts. Period. There were ups and downs but that's what will happen with any company. Recruiting isn't for everyone - if you can't manage the roller coaster ride (don't get me wrong - I was known for my outbursts when things went sour) that is recruiting then you should just go now. It can be hard as hell to find a nurse CM in the middle of no where California but once the commission hits your bank account it's all worth it. It isn't easy and you have to work hard to get to a point where you will be one of those recruiters that doesn't look like they put much effort in. Believe me - they did and you have to too. So suck it up and ask for feedback or help - get as much knowledge from those people because they know what they are doing. Yeah client feedback sucks real bad sometimes but it's not entirely your account managers fault. Sometimes you have to annoy (nicely) to remind them. They are managing a lot! Also I'm sure it has change in the past couple of months since I left - had I not relocated I wouldn't have left. Once you prove yourself to the company, they will work with you 100% for your outside needs. They welcomed me back with open arms after maternity leave. I pretty much loved going to work everyday to be honest and all those nasty reviews are from former employees that didn't fit the recruiter life. Like I said, it's not for everyone. From what I see and know Scouts is trying to grow and advance in the healthcare recruiting field. It seems they have some great outings and perks too - they did when I left and it's continued. All I can say is I miss my HCS fam!!

Cons

I think my biggest concern was client feedback - but again that could be on me somewhat too. Also, I remember the lines being blurred between teams - people getting placements for something they shouldn't have been working on. But that again is the name of game in recruiting. Gotta jump on the hot job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. From my stand point you guys are making Scouts a phenomenal company to work for. And thanks for helping mold me into a great recruiter!

"Growth comes with opportunity"

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time

Pros

I have been here for less than a year and it is obvious that people who make the effort get rewarded. They are completely transparent which makes it feel very inclusive.

Cons

It is a young company with young people, so gossip and a means girls club is inevitable.

Healthcare Scouts Response

Jun 6, 2017 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are growing and evolving constantly to create a great company culture, we appreciate the feedback.

"Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, competitive pay, and the directors/coworkers are always helpful

Cons

A lot to handle at times

Healthcare Scouts Response

Jun 6, 2017 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

Thank you for your feedback!

"Recruiting Skills"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership who listens to the voices of their team. For example- 401k match program and dedicated services deparment. Autonomous work environment with no micro management, team contests and incentives. My team and leadership on my team care about be as an individual and a professional. We work hard and have fun at the same time.

Cons

The wrong people are being targeted here. If you come for an interview and sit with me I will be happy to tell you how it really is. I prefer to put my time and energy into making money and building people up. I have the opportunity to do both at Healthcare Scouts.

Advice to Management

Make it clear whose job it is in to bring in clients. Perhaps more time will be spent on doing that versus chatting it up, endless coffee breaks and constant Skype message pings to the recruiters about happy hour. For those working nearby it is getting frustrating.

"Get a life."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HealthCare Scouts provides the opportunity for it's employees to make a good living and gain experience in sales. A year ago, I would not have recommended a friend to work here, but with the positive changes in management, I would proudly recommend HealthCare Scouts as a great place to work. For those who have left and continue to create different profiles to write negative reviews on the internet, some of the changes that have happened lately, you may not even be aware of. Our company now offers a 401k matching program, will no longer have a shared services department, and is still continuing to see growth in revenue. If you are the type of person who plays games on your cell phone all day, comes in 15-20 minutes late each morning, contributes less than 4 submittals each week, AND has a terrible attitude about WORKING on jobs, then this will not be the fit for you. If you have a positive mindset, want to WORK for what is given to you, and have the drive to be successful, then you will succeed here. As a recruiter, what we do is not rocket science, but it does take effort. The utter laziness and poor attitudes of some of the people that have worked here, make it difficult to even hit minimum standards (which in turn, won't make you any money). Although our office space has expanded, we still do not have room for people like that. I am not in management and no one has asked me to write a review on here. I am simply sick of these people using Glassdoor as their voice, when in all reality they did nothing while employed here.

Cons

For the people who are still employed here writing negative reviews, please do yourself, and the rest of us a favor and resign immediately. You're obviously miserable, and that is no way to live your life. If you have been employed here and were looking for a job the entire time, I feel sorry that it took you months to find a different organization that would hire someone with a poor work ethic and attitude like yours. If you have moved on to other opportunities, please stop trash talking our organization and focus your time and energy on your new position...maybe then, you MIGHT be successful.

Advice to Management

Please make some of these obvious changes faster. Continue to invest time in the people who care and want to succeed, who will then give the biggest return.

"We Happy Few"

Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money is good, good is coffee and the company t-shirt's are comfortable. High quality drama, love triangles, affairs, like working in an episode of Real World. Good stuff.

Cons

90% of the staff is pretentious, expect that. Everyone sports a fake smile, but you can see the misery in their eyes. Seasoned staff has a cult like mentality about the place. There's a few happy people there but they work in accounting.

Advice to Management

Work/Life Balance - your people need it bad.

"This is a toxic company lacking leadership"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a job. Nothing more, nothing less. If you are looking to work they will pretty much hire anyone that presents half way decent.

Cons

I am normally not a review writer, but this situation is toxic. Fake promises, fake leadership, just fake. Most of what you are told during the interview is quickly forgotten after you are hired. Beware.

Advice to Management

Learn the ability to sell and train - then position your staff so their efforts actually pay off. The employee's need to earn their success, no doubt. I see way to many working hard and trying to learn just to go by the waste side. Most of your employees are interviewing elsewhere. They inner circle is too nervous to make a move, but they talk about it all the time. Toxic.

"They shed their bad reputation w/ a change in mgmt"

Current Employee - National Recruiting Consultant in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - National Recruiting Consultant in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time

Pros

- They invest in their employees from the very beginning (good salary, training, etc.) even though they are well aware it will take months for you to become a profitable recruiter
    - Hands down, the best company culture I've been apart of... the leadership staff is always going out of their way for their employees; treating the employees with respect and dignity, and also making sure we have a good amount of autonomy when doing our work
    - True open door policy, the president or vice president will take time out of their day to help you with anything you may need.
    - Great work/life balance: They're very understanding of, and encouraging towards, commitments outside of the workplace and will help work around your schedule to help you achieve those (e.g. family, continuing education, etc.)
    - If you've got the personality for it, the work really isn't too difficult at all -- that being said, external recruiting isn't for everyone
    - Very professional and friendly coworkers, always a pleasure coming to work

Cons

- Would like to see a more aggressive health insurance plan, which I've been told was in the works.
    - Sometimes the office temperature runs a little warm, especially in the hot Florida summer

Advice to Management

I was nervous at first when coming to this company, especially being at my former employer for so long, and seeing that it was right in the middle of a growth period for the company (lots of new recruiters). The poor reviews on here didn't do much to alleviate my fears, which I'm guessing either occurred under the previous senior leadership, or by disgruntled employees with an ax to grind. The president got wind of that and pulled me aside into his office and personally addressed every concern I had. Mind you, I was maybe two weeks into the job when that happened. He had no idea if I was going to be a good employee or a bust, but he still made sure to address and explain every concern I had. The VP and President are both extremely encouraging towards personal and professional goals, even if those goals might not line up with you making a career out of Healthcare Scouts - the fact that they do care so much, knowing that one day their employees might leave for something else, is what makes working here so special.

Healthcare Scouts Response

Sep 26, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

Thank you for the review, we look forward to keeping up the culture and continual growth.