Healthcare Services Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Healthcare Services Group CEO Ted Wahl
Ted Wahl

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "With hard work and patience good things will come" (in 25 reviews)

• "Great support from upper management" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not enough upper management support" (in 84 reviews)

• "This makes it extremely hard for the account managers to do there job because the workers are only receiving 8" (in 59 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Long Term Opportunity"

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group full-time

Pros

Competitive wages, team work environment and a value system that works towards employee satisfaction. Flexible work weeks. Full benefits and stock purchase options.

Cons

No significant cons for this opportunity.

Advice to Management

Continue to pursue employee development.

Oct 8, 2018 – HCSG

Thank you for your kind words! We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your career at HCSG and we look forward to many more years to come!

2. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good communication between teams and a lot of opportunities for career growth

Cons

Not a great place to work if your not independent or a self starter.

Apr 2, 2019 – HCSG

We’re thrilled to hear about your positive experiences at HCSG! Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

3. "Fast Paced Training and Strong Leadership Qualities Required"

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

fast pace environment, bi-weekly training, weekly meetings, open dialog between management at different levels, communicate effectively and efficiently.

Cons

a lot of stress for the amount of work provided, high turnover industry, bench being created is not strong enough.

Advice to Management

This is a good job for those people looking for advancement within the organization, but there is a lot of nepotism within the organization. There are individuals that are given an opportunity to lead but it eventually results in high turnover of employees.

Apr 23, 2019 – HCSG

As a company that is dedicated to offering a great work experience to our employees, your feedback matters to us. If you have additional comments, please contact our HR department by calling... More

4. "Opportunity, Opportunity, Opportunity!"

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This a job, so the most important pro is the opportunity for professional growth and development. It will likely take time, and nothing will be handed to you, but people who are driven, reliable, and can operate independently are likely to find opportunities. Why is that the case? Because the company continues to grow and evolve to meet new challenges, and needs people to step up to manage the growth and fill needs that address the challenges. The evolution aspect is particularly encouraging because management is aware of areas the company needs to improve and is taking steps to address those issues. The change may not be as fast as some would like to see, but the company has changed quite a bit for the better in the past 5+ years and seems poised to continue that trend.

The other significant pro of the company is the people. In a company this large there is bound to be a bad apple or two, and that's just life. However, the vast majority of people care very much about the residents we serve and the co-workers around them and are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

The healthcare industry is a difficult environment to work in, and the services HCSG provides require hard work and careful attention to detail in order to protect the residents. As a result, the work is not easy.

Also, although HCSG is a large company the services it provides do not result in huge profit margins. That means that the company has to operate on a budget and the pay and benefits are somewhere in the middle. Not terrible, but not amazing either.

Advice to Management

Continue to embrace change and provide opportunities for professional growth.

Apr 23, 2019 – HCSG

We’re glad to have provided you with a great work environment! Thank you for your kind words!

5. "Ehh"

Current Employee - Dietary Aide
    Current Employee - Dietary Aide

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice staff to work with , management is very nice and easy going , slow work pace

Cons

10.00 hr & some over time , definitely not paid enough to live off of . But it’s something to start with . This job is definitely for those in their crawling parts of life aka a stepping stone job . They are short staffed in the kitchen , which means more work to pick up . It’s not really that hard of a job anyone could do it .

Advice to Management

Pay more

Apr 23, 2019 – HCSG

We appreciate the time you took to leave us your comment. If you have any additional feedback, please call our HR team at 800-363-4274.

6. "Not the greatest"

Current Employee - Registered Dietitian
    Current Employee - Registered Dietitian

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair salary, flexible schedule, mileage reimbursement

Cons

NOT enough training, policies and procedures differ from building to building making things difficult to keep track of if working in different locations, questionable oversee from management.

Advice to Management

Don't be condescending and over-demanding

Apr 23, 2019 – HCSG

Thank you. Your opinion is appreciated and will be deeply considered. If you have any additional comments, please contact a member of our HR department by calling 800-363-4274.

"An ok RD job"

Former Employee - Registered Dietitian in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Dietitian in Conroe, TX

I worked at Healthcare Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Good work colleagues in the facilities
    2. Job autonomy (no micro-management)
    3. Salary is fair in regard to market value

Cons

1. Promises made were not kept
    2. Very poor benefits
    3. Annual performance increase minimal
    4. Mileage reimbursement minimal (not national standard)

Advice to Management

1. Improve benefits package
    2. More employee focus and respect from corporate (acknowledge that your employees have families who need cared for)
    3. Honor professional promises (stock options taken away, gas allowance taken away, flexible schedule taken away, etc)

Mar 19, 2019 – HCSG

Your opinion matters to us. If you have additional feedback on how we can continue to improve, please contact our HR department at 800-363-4274.

"Not great"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Healthcare Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company which provided opportunity to transfer to other states

Cons

Expected Account Managers to be able to work as line staff, while still completing all of the account manager duties as well. Often worked 2-3 weeks in a row without a day off. But still got reprimanded when I got so exhausted that I really needed it. Staffing budgets for the accounts need to be increased as well.

Apr 2, 2019 – HCSG

As a company that is committed to our employees’ satisfaction, your opinion matters to us. If you have additional comments, contact our HR department by calling 800-363-4274.

9. "The New Jersey Area needs much improvement"

Former Employee - Management in Neptune, NJ
    Former Employee - Management in Neptune, NJ

I worked at Healthcare Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy to get hired for a job

Cons

Management, rate of pay for the work you do. No raises in years. No communication from area and regional managers down to on site managers.

Advice to Management

Ok, On and off I have worked for this company for about a total of 6 yrs. In that time I have worked at many locations because of their request to help out and it was still the same mess. I mean honestly I don't know how they keep the contracts they have with buildings, let alone their employees. People have to work for a living and working for this area of the company is not right. Many times I have seen shady actions made by this company's management they actually made me a part of it (stealing equipment that they knew wasn't theirs) and left me to "clean up". No this isn't some hate on hcsg rant , this is more of a shed some light on some dark corners that maybe others don't know of. Another issue is that of pay raises that have not been administered in years for some people. How does that even compute to being fair especially for those individuals that have been employed for over 10 yrs with them. They've been loyal and hard working for you and the reward is screw you and your service, you can be easily replaced? On one hand you have the good ol boys ( those that are in good graces with the upper level management in the area) that can't do no wrong but do the most corrupt, on the other you have those that just do honest work and get the short end of the stick because they speak up about the wrong doings and in turn become a target. I can't speak on behalf of the whole company but I can speak on the New Jersey area of this company. A serious change needs to happen from the top on down. Work for them at your own risk. Next time I may name names they know exactly who they are.

Apr 23, 2019 – HCSG

Your opinion is valuable for us in order to create a great atmosphere for all of our associates. If you have additional feedback, please contact a HR representative at 800-363-4274.

10. "Great Company more like a family"

Current Employee - National Account Manager
    Current Employee - National Account Manager

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for HCSG for over 16 years and have had a wonderful experience. I would recommend a career with HCSG to anyone willing to work hard to create a name for themselves in business. There is no other management experience like it that I know of. What better way to give back to the older generations then seeing that they have a clean comfortable homelike environment or that they have amazing food to eat on a daily basis.

Cons

There are amazing programs and training on the horizon I would like to see them come to light sooner.

Advice to Management

Continue the path to be "The Choice of our Customers"

Mar 18, 2019 – HCSG

We appreciate you for taking the time to leave us such a fabulous review! We’re so happy to hear your great experienced with HCSG!