KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Healthcare Services Group CEO Ted Wahl
Ted Wahl

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "The DM only wants to scream and yell when something isnt done right and the staff is offered low hours with low pay!(in 107 reviews)
  • "No benefits to acct mgrs(in 99 reviews)
  • "Poor upper management.(in 74 reviews)
  • "Poor management and lots of lying and forging signatures(in 68 reviews)
  • "The people in charge of overseeing the facility dietary managers don't have the appropriate experience to be in charge.(in 61 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Healthcare Services Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Enjoying working for HCSG

Jun 17, 2022 - Registered Dietitian in Albuquerque, NM
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a dietitian working in a LTC facility, my hours are very flexible. In addition, I feel very supported by my lead dietitian and regional dietitian.

Cons

Honestly the only issues I have it the cost of health insurance that is offered by HCSG. However, they did add additional options for dietitian but it is still not affordable (for a family of 5). I think this is with most companies right now though.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Team, Great Company

Jul 19, 2022 - Account Manager in Andover, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

lots of perks, resources, opportunities, structure and order

Cons

being part of an outside company excludes you from perks that the rest of the building gets

Healthcare Services Group Response

Thanks for leaving us your thoughts. As a company committed to providing a supportive atmosphere to all employees, your opinion matters to us. -The Employee Engagement Team

3. 4.0

Trusted and Professional Organization

Aug 6, 2022 - District Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with! Employees care for residents that cannot always care for themselves.

Cons

Compensation is not on par with our competitors. There isn't an established review process.

Healthcare Services Group Response

Thank you, your feedback is appreciated. We are continually striving to identify areas in which we can improve. If you would like to share additional feedback, please reach out at 800-363-4274. -The Employee Engagement Team

4. 3.0

Certified Dietary Manager

Aug 6, 2022 - Certified Dietary Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment and team to work with, the don’t mind working.

Cons

Health insurance doesn’t cover anything and is too high.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

its good

Aug 2, 2022 - Dietary Aide in Andover, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

pretty good, in my opinion

Cons

i dont have cons lol

Healthcare Services Group Response

Thanks for your feedback! We’re excited to learn about your positive experiences at HCSG! -The Employee Engagement Team

6. 4.0

Not a bad company

Jul 26, 2022 - Dietary Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good co workers, work well with them

Cons

Communication not a strong area for upper middle management.

Healthcare Services Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about your experience at HCSG. We take every review we receive into deep consideration. If you have any additional feedback, feel free to contact a member of our HR department by calling 800-363-4274. -The Employee Engagement Team

7. 2.0
    Former Employee

HCSG revuew

Aug 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of managers and team

Cons

Poor direction from superior and inconsistent directions

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sketchy Pay Stubs

Jul 21, 2022 - Cook
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is very easy to get hours

Cons

Very shady with how they pay you. I receive a TPI for my cook position pay, and instead of adding it onto my hourly rate they give me 1 hour for $100 on my pay stub… I can never read them or know if my money is properly in.

Healthcare Services Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Your ideas are important to us as we continually seek ways to improve and be a great workplace for all of our employees. -The Employee Engagement Team

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not good

Aug 4, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you get enough employees you can get days off

Cons

Always understaffed. Manager is expected to pick up all open shifts. No bonuses. No Employer contribution to health insurance. Impossible to get a raise.

Healthcare Services Group Response

Thank you for your feedback. We wanted to let you know that your concerns are being reviewed to ensure HCSG is ahead of the curve in employee satisfaction. If you have more suggestions for how we can make a positive change, please feel free to share your ideas with our HR team at 800-363-4274. -The Employee Engagement Team

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good for new rd

Jul 18, 2022 - Registered Dietitian in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, independence, mileage reimbursements, residents

Cons

Get blamed for the kitchens tags when you’re only in a building maybe once per week. Not a lot of opportunities for pay raises

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,524 Reviews

Healthcare Services Group Reviews FAQs

Healthcare Services Group has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 1,544 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at Healthcare Services Group to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Healthcare Services Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Healthcare Services Group. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

52% of Healthcare Services Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Healthcare Services Group 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Healthcare Services Group to be culture, coworkers, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with Healthcare Services Group Job Seekers