Cover image for Healthcare Solutions Team

Healthcare Solutions Team President Joe Eichman
Joe Eichman

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Straight commission and payment percentages change along with what companies they are and aren't working with, lack of communication(in 9 reviews)
  • "I lost so much money and made so little doing this for even this small amount of time.(in 7 reviews)
  • "If you are used to a regular paycheck and benefits and feel safe there, this may not be the job for you.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Management has changed, they no longer pay attention to the agents.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Free leads are old and you should have a plan of how to get your own leads(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Race Ethnicity

This rating reflects the overall rating of Healthcare Solutions Team and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Truly Helping People

Feb 5, 2023 - Health Insurance Broker in Lansing, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been doing insurance for two years now and this by far is my favorite job. With that said this job is not for people looking for a set salary. It's 100% commission and your income is entirely decided on your effort. That means making your own schedule. Doing your own market research for your area. You are truly an independent broker. When you need help you have an entire team of people to guide you through. Since there are many different teams I interviewed with three different teams before I found the one that I worked best with. The work itself I have found enjoyable also. I have the ability to make a difference in my clients lives. I'm not bound by one company and can custom build a comprehensive plan for everyone!

Cons

Pay takes time to start as with most insurance sales.

2. 1.0

All lies

Dec 23, 2022 - Regional Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't seem to list any.

Cons

When you are contracting they scurry you in to complete all the contracts neccessary and to assign them as the upline and the assignee of your commissions. There is a lot of confusion and you are consistently told that you need a company like them to get a start in this business, not true. Most carriers allow agents to contract direct and you don't need a company like HST. They use this family culture idea to draw in unsuspecting new hires when in reality you are a number in the over 100,000 people they have hired since their inception in 2007. You DO NOT own your business nor your clients. When you get released they DO NOT release your clients to you. They keep them and if you are fully vested after 5 years then they will continue to pay commissions (so they say.) It is hard to trust a company when they can't seem to pay their brokers for their business. How can an anyone trust them to pay them when they are not being paid as an active agent. You might as well say goodbye to your money when you join this company. They place you with leaders who push push push short-term medical on you as the main focus. They will assist all day when you sell that but when you sell ACA and need assistance it is crickets. They keep a portion of your commissions from the already tiny amounts for ACA and for Short-term. I was able to see street commission levels and some of the policies you write they keep close to 10% of your money. There really is no support to justify the amount of money they keep from your commissions and they focus on what lines their pockets and not what is actually best for the client. They are money focused and not client focused. Towards the end of my time with them it was embarrassing to say I was with them because they are just another agency pushing junk insurance on Americans and telling them they build plans based on their needs. That is a lie because short-term is close to the same cost as some ACA plans and is not mean't to be long-term. It does not cover a range of concerns most people face and can leave them in the doghouse when big events occur. If you are recruited, run! Find somewhere local whose focus is on real insurance and build a business on honesty and integrity. I am glad I am gone and representing an agency that actually cares for their people and their clients.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Healthcare Solutions Team team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Not what it used to be

Dec 22, 2022 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Had great culture, products, team atmosphere and a great way to make a living.

Cons

Management has changed, they no longer pay attention to the agents. the agent went from first to last...Corporate profits matter most.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Heal & Life Insurance Agent

Dec 6, 2022 - Licensed Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility and work from home

Cons

only pay is commissions and bonuses

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It costs money to buy leads, business cards, anything.

May 20, 2022 - Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom. Sky's the limit but the base is 0. Depending on who you're partnered with the senior agent may act more like a boss when you're not an employee. I did not have much faith in CEO, Joe.

Cons

Every single interaction with your clients and prospects, every notation, every conversation and thought, they have you note in their system. As they churn through so many recruits, this makes it very easy for them to pick up with your prospects, on your hard work, as if they're on your team. I also suspected they may be upselling my clients the more lucrative life insurance policies after I left.

7 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company!

Jun 9, 2022 - Broker in Sarasota, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the culture and the team, despite the difficulty of managing a massive sales force they always come through.

Cons

Things don’t get done as quickly as we’d like to see in a rapidly changing industry where you need to be able to move quick.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

More money after being settled and more lies

Apr 29, 2022 - KinderCare Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

None, do not even bother with these people.

Cons

Was told months ago they would setting a matter for a fixed amount which was paid. Now I am finding out I have another bill and they are wanting to have me pay a steeper amount to settle the matter again by paying more of the bill. Just feels on going like for 30 seconds of a doctor stepping in a room and walking out without even looking at my kid I get stuck with a huge bill the insurance cant do a thing for. AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS!

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best culture ever!

Mar 23, 2022 - Insurance Broker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Self employed, plenty of support and training, sky is the limit!!!!

Cons

You have to be self motivated and driven to succeed. No one will hand it to you but it is in reach if you want it!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Would never go anywhere else

Mar 29, 2022 - Partner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Constant Training Tons of Bonus programs for the new agent Path to Partnership

Cons

Sometimes too much training Too many award trips, great place if you want to see the world

11. 1.0

Not worth it

May 10, 2021 - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

work from home, that is all

Cons

Unless you are selling ACA-compliant plans and/or group plans, you will find a majority of these short-term medical products offered by this company are A.W.F.U.L. This company will push STM plans all day long. The last straw for me was a customer on a short-term medical plan for 2 years and then suddenly diagnosed with a major medical illness. Because STM plans are allowed to cover (and not cover) a laundry list of items, their claim was denied. There is no way to advocate for your customers when they file a claim. As an agent, you are also just a peon who waits on hold for 20 minutes while a $10 an hour "customer service" person pretends to give a crap about the claim. You will get 5 different answers and no resolution unless you get frustrated enough to involve the higher-ups at HST. There is plenty of support to help you SELL products, but there is absolutely no one to help you navigate the complex world of claims. At the end of the day, you better hope the stars and planets are perfectly aligned for large claims to be covered on these STM plans. You better understand the ins and outs of the products you are selling because HST chain of command will not allow you to call the carriers directly and inquire about policy specifics. That's right. If I am selling a plan from a particular carrier and I want to know how something is covered, you cannot call the company and ask. They will not answer your questions. They will direct you back to your manager. That is a horrible way to learn how policies work. No thanks.

8 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 169 Reviews
</>Embed

Healthcare Solutions Team Reviews FAQs

Healthcare Solutions Team has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 218 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Healthcare Solutions Team to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Healthcare Solutions Team employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Healthcare Solutions Team. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

71% of Healthcare Solutions Team employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Healthcare Solutions Team 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Healthcare Solutions Team to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Healthcare Solutions Team Job Seekers