Healthesystems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ron Roma

Pros
  • Pay and work life balance are fair (in 6 reviews)

• Great salary, great opportunities, great people, like a big family (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are in middle management you are a target (in 3 reviews)

• There are no cons in working at Healthesystems (in 3 reviews)

1. "Information Technology"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Tampa, FL

I worked at Healthesystems full-time

Pros

Great people , great culture. Work hard to bridge the gap with new technologies.

Cons

None that i can think of

"I Love This Company"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Product Owner in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Healthesystems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of work.
    Management clearly communicates priorities for the company.
    Management has communicated our Objectives and Key Results.
    The people are wonderful, even at the executive level.
    Executives make time available to speak with any employee about their problems via a sign-up board outside their offices.

Cons

We need more staff to help with on-boarding new customers

May 10, 2017

Thank you for the feedback and for being a long-time Healthesystems employee. We appreciate your hard work and loyalty. We are glad that you understand the priorities of the company. The ... More

"Moving in the right direction!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Healthesystems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We are more of a family than a work place. Management has implemented weekly stand ups to confirm we are all on the same page and moving forward. Big strides are being made and positivity is returning

Cons

After a year a changes people feel uncertain but plans have been put in place to get HES back where we need to be.

Advice to Management

Stay the course! Continue to move us forward and find new ways to bring us together. HEART does an amazing job but we need a little more departmental mixing.

May 10, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. From such a long-time employee, your comments carry a lot of weight. We do have a unique, family-like environment here and we are working hard to nurture and encourage ... More

"Major changes needed. Please heed the other reviews."

Current Employee - Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Healthesystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Money is good. Some of the managers and Heart people really do care. If you have a family and kids and want an easy paycheck, this is perfect for you.

Cons

Too many meetings. Too many managers. They keep acting like the company is moving forward, but all motion is circular. They are truly paper pushing. For a few lucky, inner-circle people who go camping with the boss, you get free lunch, an easy schedule and a couple of British guys who agree with everything you say. For the rest, you are treated like a number and ignored. The Human Resources department is one of the worst and unhelpful, and if you have a serious problem and need their help, they drown you in paperwork.

Advice to Management

Listen to all of the other reviews. Get rid of the long term VPs, stop hiring friends and promote people from within. Regardless of how much you try and convince yourself everything is great, it isn't. That's why you are losing people.

"Resourcefulness and business savvy are essential to success here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Healthesystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Like most employees I have my frustrations but Healthesystems is still my best employer out of 5 previous employers. Awful reviews from disgruntled employees overshadow the many great things that happen here. Happy employees rarely post reviews. Yes there have been positions that are eliminated over the years. The Executive Team is working their butts off to resolve some of the problems that have been recurring complaints over the years, like unproductive meetings. The feel here is like a family and some folks have your back and others don't. Its called office politics and yes it happens in lots of workplaces. You do not have to engage in backstabbing or politics to get ahead here. Hard work is rewarded. I can not think of any other company that does as much employee appreciation as is done here, including a company picnic at the Florida Aquarium, early dismissals on holiday weekends, gift cards and PTO days being awarded for going that extra mile. People complain about high turnover, but more than half the people I work with daily have been here for 5 years or more.

Cons

Sales/Product over commitment can burn out staff
    Still have some unproductive meetings despite this being a focus
    Some leaders are so overbooked that it is impossible to get time to talk with them which slows down the flow of information and decision process

Advice to Management

The industry is changing rapidly. In order to stay competitive the company can not keep doing the same things it has always done.

May 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective and feedback. Hard work is certainly appreciated and celebrated at Healthesystems. We have many, many dedicated employees that band together ... More

"Used to be a good place not anymore"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Few good co-workers, Good benefits and retirement plan.

Cons

They don't value employees. Hard work, under paid. Treated badly. Some team members are discriminated despite their hard work. Slacker Coworker.. Difficult Team member... STOP promoting unqualified internal employees without proper qualification /experience in their related field.

Advice to Management

Revisit the hiring process.. keep a watch and lid on nepotism! Some bad top senior management ruin the good work of other great top officials and give the company a very 'bad' name.
    Top executive management should pay more attention to employee exit interviews- you may just learn one or two things from people who are leaving the company on how to fix things.

"Execution"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Healthesystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy if you are a decent Java developer. Good pay, friendly leadership.

Cons

Unnecessary processes for such a small company. They are coming up with a IT Strategy similar to ones you find in large organizations with multiple business units and disparate systems. All they need is some regular .Net or Java developers. The database first mindset in building applications has strangled innovation and speed with this company that is otherwise in a good place in the market.

Advice to Management

Just ask for results and don't take excuses. If people don't deliver, move on to the next person to deliver. Take advantage of the Agile framework and expect results at the end of every review. If there are no results, hire people who can produce results. You don't need an exhaustive IT Strategy or Roadmap when you have given everyone OKR's and a lightweight Enterprise Agile framework of Portfolio, Product and Delivery. The more you support an Enterprise IT Strategy approach for a company this size, the more you are wasting time and money. Just demand results and demand them quick! People will deliver when there is the right pressure.

"Too much change"

Former Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Healthesystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and work life balance are fair.

Cons

The business is privately run and there is constant layoffs to save money. If you are in middle management you are a target. At least 40 people were let go with in the time I was there. If you are not part of the top team you will be a scapegoat as no one in senior management will take responsibility for their short sightedness and poor planning. Lower level day to day people are usually safe. I would fully expect to see the company be sold in the next 5 years or loose more money due to enforced opiod regulation. Not a good move if you have a family to support. If you don't believe me, ask how many people they have laid off in the last year at your interview.

Advice to Management

Get it together. Your employees are the assets, not the balance sheet. You can only expect to layoff so many people before the rest of the talent pool knows what you are doing.

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

I worked at Healthesystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Good social events organized by HEART makes sure people from all departments get to know each other. No outsourcing of IT.

Cons

Rapid growth has left management knowing they have to work differently to survive but not sure what to do. Can feel like whiplash in IT with different methods being tried but none long enough to take hold and iron out the kinks.

Advice to Management

Being in the company a long time does not mean the person has the right skills to move the company forward.

"A great employment experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Healthesystems offers tremendous opportunity for work life balance and a culture that values respect and integrity. The people are fantastic and a bit like family. Opportunity for skill development is available if you are a self starter.

Cons

It is a small company, which means that opportunities for advancement, while present, are not rampant. As with many companies hitting the teenage years there are some issues with maturity and using modern techniques to optimize business delivery.

Advice to Management

Focus on data centered decision making, maintain the high quality culture that you have cultivated, and be vigorous about talent retention.