Healthesystems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Ron Roma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great work/life balance, hardly ever had anything to work on (in 7 reviews)

• Great company culture, great people (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Moving in the right direction!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Healthesystems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We are more of a family than a work place. Management has implemented weekly stand ups to confirm we are all on the same page and moving forward. Big strides are being made and positivity is returning

Cons

After a year a changes people feel uncertain but plans have been put in place to get HES back where we need to be.

Advice to Management

Stay the course! Continue to move us forward and find new ways to bring us together. HEART does an amazing job but we need a little more departmental mixing.

May 10, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. From such a long-time employee, your comments carry a lot of weight. We do have a unique, family-like environment here and we are working hard to nurture and encourage... More

2. "ABM Operations Analyst"

I have been working at Healthesystems full-time

Pros

Great company culture
    Leadership is approachable and available

Cons

Lack of structure and instability as the company struggles to balance growth with sustained best practices.

Oct 12, 2017

Thank you for your recent comments regarding our organization. It's great to hear that you find our leadership approachable and enjoy the culture altogether.

We have an exceptional group of... More

"Good work life balance, but a lot of instability"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Healthesystems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you’re not on a team with tight deadlines, you have a light workload and can work 40 hours or under. Some of the people are great, friendly and collaborative creating a family- like atmosphere. I’ve learned a lot being here through coaching and consulting.

Cons

I’ve experienced at least 5 rounds of layoffs with management structure constantly in flux. People with little or no experience in their roles are promoted because they have relationships with upper management. There’s no performance measures or career paths and if your opinions conflict with certain execs, consider yourself part of the next layoff round. There’s a lack of innovation or employees who care to grow- most are there to collect a paycheck & go home. Management fosters that by instilling command & control style that inhibits innovation. The new CIO seems to be making changes to push IT in a better direction, but the old executive management guard are still influential and somewhat resistant to meaningful change.

Consultants & coaches flooded the company a few years ago, but only few substantive changes remained and continue to be practiced.

Again, people are nice and approachable, but there’s constant change and inability to stick to a cohesive strategy.

They say their people are valued, but people aren’t developed and some my best co-workers have been laid off creating an atmosphere of fear and chaos.

Finally, they give too much power to internal stakeholders who can’t make a decision and use others as a scapegoat for their indecisiveness. I’ve seen it happen.

Advice to Management

Evaluate the execs who have been ther 10-15 years or more to determine if they are creating the passionate workforce you want. Listen to the people on the ground and set aside tone to talk directly to them - without exec or management influence. You have a reasonable Presudent, but he’s very detached from what really goes on. I fear he had a false picture painted for him. Do not promote unqualified candidates into management - it drops morale.
    Live your statement of valuing employees and hold management accountable to the internal passion surveys you send out. Stop being so reactionary & implement strategies that work, even if it makes people uncomfortable. Empower and trust team members.

"Good company"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Healthesystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very engaged and want the best out of you. Lots of training and help available for you

Cons

Work might seem a little slow at time and the learning curve of the business might feel steep at times. But as long as you seek help, there are plenty of resources to help.

Oct 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Healthesystems. Please know that your contributions are extremely appreciated and we're grateful that you choose to work alongside us each... More

"Plast from the past. Unless you want to be lost in time, look elsewhere."

Former Employee - Vice President of Development in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Vice President of Development in Tampa, FL

I worked at Healthesystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, 4-6% bonuses every year. You do not have to have technical knowledge to work here. Always hiring. Nice computer hardware. People who like static environments love it.

Cons

High turnover. Management does not take responsibility for anything. Directors and VPs throw people under the bus to secure their own positions. Old technology and pay is lower than the average. Do not care about keeping talent; would rather just hire someone new. Most leaders are Non-technical and rely on outdated white papers to drive change. The upper managers act like they are in charge of a fortune 100 company or act like children.

Advice to Management

Stop blocking reviews that you do not like. Stop hiring people to leave good reviews on multiple job boards. Stop acting like a cult and allow people to express what they mean. Stop last minute deadlines on projects that are not requested by the customer. If you are asked a question, answer it and do not side step the question.

Aug 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our organization. We appreciate the contributions you made while you were with Healthesystems.

Through comments like yours, we're able to... More

"Business System Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Healthesystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting some really intelligent, hard-working, fun people, who have for the majority, left for one reason or another.

Cons

An ever-changing environment due to continual management change. An extremely unstable place to work.

Advice to Management

Management needs to pick a direction and stick with it for over a year

Sep 7, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback about Healthesystems.

We are a dynamic and agile organization which does require the ability to be adaptable. Your feedback helps up to continuously improve to... More

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Administration in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Administration in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Healthesystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture is good for the most part. Most employees and managers are helpful and work together as a team.

Cons

Some major decisions are made without warning. There can be some uncertainty and there is less transparency than there used to be.

Advice to Management

Keep employees in the loop before major changes occur.

Jul 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate your perspective. Although we make a concerted effort to communicate thoughtfully and timely with our employees, it seems we can do better. Thank... More

8. "Great mid-sized company"

I have been working at Healthesystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people with a friendly atmosphere.
    Using more and more leading technologies.

Cons

A lot of middle management. Decisions get made without consulting the experts.

Advice to Management

Promote more from within. Take your direct reports seriously, and actually focus on their growth and happiness.

Jun 20, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our organization. We do have a fantastic group of experts that we're fortunate to work alongside each day.

With the annual development plans in place... More

"Middle of the pack business services company, do your work, get paid, live life"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Healthesystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- pretty good pay for the area
    - great work/life balance, hardly ever had anything to work on

Cons

- hardly ever had anything to work on (10-15 hours of actual, real work per week)
    - coworkers were just there to earn a living, didn't seem like tech or software enthusiasts
    - seemed like a place where careers went to die
    - company costs grew linearly with revenue, there were no economies of scale because they applied the same manual labor thinking to new projects as they grew. (i.e. get a new customer, add employees, they do manual work to support new customer, net revenue didn't change much)

Jun 15, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our organization.

Through comments like yours, we're able to have an increased awareness into the perspective of our employees that will... More

10. "Change oriented culture with great"

I have been working at Healthesystems full-time

Pros

Never a dull moment here! We're always on to the next deliverable. Great cast of genuinely happy people. Excellent break-rooms, weekly review with the CIO including breakfast!

Cons

Commute can be a challenge provided you're a late riser.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work of listening to your people and making the most out of their talents!

Jun 1, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, it's great to hear that you're having such a positive experience.

Our People are a Core Value of our organization and with the talent we have here we are able to... More