Healthios Reviews | Glassdoor

David B. Loucks
  1. "Sophisticated Boutique"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Healthios full-time

Pros

Healthios has deep knowledge of the healthcare sectors it serves and outstanding relationships with the investors, strategic players and rising companies in theses sectors.

Cons

The financial success of the firm is dependent on the performance of the sectors it serves.

Advice to Management

Continue to diversify client base.

Healthios2016-10-31
  2. "Great boutique bank"

Former Employee - Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Healthios full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great, easy going bosses. There are less working hours than bulge brackets. Usually no weekend work. Great city to work in!

Cons

The firm has a really flat structure, making it really hard to get promotion. Low percentage of deal closures leads to low bonuses.

Healthios2016-10-24
  3. "Good potential and work environment, but wish training and mentoring was more structured"

Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Healthios for more than a year

Pros

My branch was very pleasant to work at, and I was able to actually bond with the few coworkers they had. Everybody wanted to get all available project work done as soon as possible so we could all leave the office together. The VP of our office was quite open to us, and it was evident that they were on our side. The relaxed culture made the long work days bearable, thanks to the VP.

Cons

I left wanting more formal, structured training in working as a research analyst. The IBD was far too busy (always) to teach me anything. Internal structure and career possibilities didn't seem apparent/obvious. There was almost no communication between me (SA) and other senior management outside the branch.

Advice to Management

Consider hiring more analysts, as the ratio of senior management to analysts seems a little high - at least, in my perspective. I wish there were more communication from upper management, as I would like to get to know the people that I'm working for.

Healthios2014-02-24
  4. "Good People, not a lot of work"

I have been working at Healthios for more than a year

Pros

The VPs is very caring and eager to offer us hands-on experience with the investment banking work, and the analysts there is also very helpful toward us interns.

Cons

Since there is no labor shortage, so that means that the work that got assigned to intern are mostly insignificant.

Healthios2018-11-01