Healthland Reviews | Glassdoor

Angela Franks

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Services Consultant in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Services Consultant in Remote, OR

I have been working at Healthland full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with great teams. Direct manager is awesome to work for and does what he can for his team. Great pay and the family atmosphere is like no other company I have worked for. Hopefully not much of this will change.

Cons

Still waiting to see how the merger will play out. It appears as I'd things are sorting themselves out. Sales are trickling in so those who have been homebound are anxious to get on the road.

Advice to Management

With the merger, employees are uncertain even with positive reinforcement. Do what you can to retain the quality employees left.

2. "Contractor"

Former Employee - Contractor in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Contractor in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Healthland (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for! Interesting and rewarding experience.

Cons

No cons, enjoyed my time here.

Advice to Management

Great Mgmt.

3. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Healthland full-time

Pros

Was a great place to work, manage let you do your job without micro managing. Great work life balance.

Cons

Purchased by CPSI and it's not the same. We're out and they keep their jobs. Too bad! Management keeps people they like best!

"Software Development - Minneapolis"

Former Employee - Software Support and Development in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Software Support and Development in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Great co-workers, lots of talented people and really want to see the company succeed. 95% of the employees are awesome. Somehow a great collection of people are working here and have stuck by this company through some really tough times. Lots and lots of industry knowledge and a deep desire to make the products better.

Cons

Management - ZERO Leadership or interest in employees. If you are not a director or above, management does not want to talk to you and would prefer not to even look at you.
     It is a boy's club, and IT management is clearly on the last stop to retirement -- taking paychecks until bailing with the golden parachute. On the development side, if you are a woman, you are treated with disdain, as though everything you say is ridiculous and of no value -- this is especially egregious given the fact that there are many women in key positions (including product OWNERS) that are relied upon by the entire company for their knowledge, yet development leadership alternately ignores them or treats them badly.

Also, lots of worthless employees taking up payroll. There is so much dead wood here, and no personal accountability. Management seems incapable of getting rid of these people to give other talented employees a chance at new opportunities. And, for a company of this size, there are way too many Director - VPs with bloated salaries who do NOTHING.

Advice to Management

Employees have your number. If you care at all about the employees for the future of this company, you might want to freshen up your act a little bit.

"Good place to work. Friendly people. All employees want what is best for our customer."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Healthland (More than 8 years)

Pros

As I stated above Friendly, collaborative atmosphere. Very dedicated individuals work for Healthland. Listens to customers. Creative spirt respectable pay.

Cons

Purchased by another company. Unsure of future. There are no real cons at this point, just uncertainty. Cultures if the two companies seem very different.

Advice to Management

Keep Heathlands culture.

"Just OK"

Former Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Healthland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The manager I had was absolutely amazing

Cons

HR was the worst run HR department I have ever experienced!

Advice to Management

Give things a chance before you change them

"Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Healthland (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborate and Team oriented. Shows appreciation to employees.

Cons

Lacks proper orientation of new employees regarding benefits and use of system programs.

9. "Never dull but highly disorganized"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Healthland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/Life balance is good, compensation is competitive, benefits are nice, individual contributors are talented and easy to work with.

Cons

Immature organization, lack of accountability, constant firefighting. Far too many initiatives are a result of poor design, poor planning, and poor implementation.

Advice to Management

Take a breath, set some achievable goals, communicate them with the organization, and let the team do the work. Don't let the first 'urgent' issue derail these initiatives.

10. "I love working with this company"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Healthland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management is very open to your concerns and questions. They are also consistent of their requirements of you. My manager gives me timely reviews every three months or so. They have a lot of positions that allow you to work remote or alternate hours. The benefits are very good, specially the medical. We often get little thank you cards with gift cards from several vendors as well as outings and such. We also get bonuses. Lots of mentoring.

Cons

They are in transition and growing fast, which is great. This means that they expect you to learn very quickly. The first months of employment are stressful and a little rushed, but after three months, you are good to go. They have improved this by adding a mentoring component the last couple of months.

Advice to Management

Less outside consultants. We have many consultants through a third party company. I will said that a third of them are FANTASTIC, but the rest not so much. I would quickly weed out those that are not up to par and hire those that are.

11. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Healthland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people and great coworkers. A market leader in critical access and rural hospital EHR. Customers are friendly and great to work with! They are beginning to step up their game when it comes to showing appreciation of their employees and contractors.

Cons

A work in progress!

Advice to Management

Keep on working to show appreciation of the employees. Standardize your training of the customer! Everyone wants to do their job correctly with management's blessing!