Healthpeak Properties Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2020

3.9
Healthpeak Properties CEO Thomas M. Herzog
Thomas M. Herzog
  1. "Everyone here was amazing to work with"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Healthpeak Properties full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Easy employment transition, everyone was wonderful

Cons

Everyone I've placed here loves it

2. "Phenomenal Leadership and Strategy"

Current Employee - Middle Management

I have been working at Healthpeak Properties full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Culture of excellence, client first mentality and employee first. I have been with the company 10 years and the culture and talent continues to get stronger daily. So many positives, with the leaderships committed to the teams and to grow in a smart and productive way for everyone

Cons

Upward mobility is the only con. Hard to get promoted and move up.

Continue reading
  3. "Great company with a strong sense of community and focus on their staff"

I have been working at Healthpeak Properties full-time

Pros

A great company to work for. Communication from key executives and management has been very good. They have demonstrated a real interest for their staff, illustrated support for their local communities and are accommodating and responsive to your needs. The work is challenging but rewarding with competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

No cons at the moment

4. "Great Company! Great Leaders! Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Healthpeak Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent: Leadership, C-Suite Communication, Employee Benefits, Culture. Management is great at listening to new ideas and adopting new systems to make processes more efficient. You are set up to succeed. Great working atmosphere and sense of camaraderie within teams and the entire organization. C-Suite is awesome at communicating effectively and consistently.

Cons

No cons to report at this time.

"99% Excel dependent organization"

2.0
    Former Employee - Analyst in Irvine, CA

I worked at Healthpeak Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart Analysts and Capable Management

Cons

Horrible departmental politics, limiting company growth

Healthpeak Properties Response

June 11, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. At Healthpeak Properties, we pride ourselves on our team development and strength, high levels of integrity, and an ethical and engaged culture, so I am sorry to hear about your perceived experience while on our team. In order to understand your particular feedback, I am happy to discuss this with you directly. Please feel free to email me at lalonso@healthpeak.com. Sincerely, Lisa Alonso Chief Human Resources Officer

"Amazing progress at HCP"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Healthpeak Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have seen a slow and painful leadership change at HCP over the last several years, which at first caused me to doubt if HCP would even survive as an organization. However, in the past two years under Tom Herzog's leadership, HCP has finally started getting our stride in laying a strong foundation for growth. We've cleaned up our portfolio to attain more favorable street ratings in addition to having a now unified leadership team who is truly concerned with employee welfare and engagement. We still have a lot of heavy lifting to do with regards to changing our employment culture, but I have seen a steady stream of improvements in that arena. From small things like more casual dress code and daily healthy snack offerings to large things like a new fitness reimbursement policy, even more attractive benefit offerings (a completely free HMO option in addition to lowered rates in general), and above market compensation, HCP is truly becoming a place where many would desire to work, even if just based on the perks and compensation alone. In addition to all this, HCP has very intelligent, committed, hard-working, and genuine employees. I'm excited to see our progress continue to unfold in the upcoming years, especially with our new and forward-thinking leadership team in place.

Cons

HCP is still going through change daily, and that is likely to remain a constant as our goal is to be continually improving and evolving as an organization. If you don't like change, especially change on steroids and as a constant, HCP won't be the right environment for you. Also, growth paths are limited since we are small with regard to headcount. We are starting to hire more entry-level employees who will have more growth opportunities within their HCP career, but for those in middle management or further along in their career, the ladder is very short or non-existent. Work/Life/Balance is also a concern that is being improved but still needs much work. Because we are small and have taken on many process improvement and technology implementation projects across the organization, workloads continue to be large and a bit overwhelming for many employees. The company is becoming more flexible and allowing employees to work from home/remotely on an as-needed basis depending on the team, which does help those employees with families and/or other obligations outside of work.

Continue reading

"Moving in the right direction..."

I have been working at Healthpeak Properties full-time

Pros

Change is never easy, most especially when it is done in a short amount of time. However, change is also necessary in order for a company to progress. HCP has been on this path of change and is still going through it and with success. Under HCP's new leadership and strong commitment to its employees, I would not be surprised if HCP will be considered one of the best companies to work for within the next few years.

Cons

Work/Life balance can still be a struggle. It can vary depending on the manager. I believe that, as the company continues to make improvements on technology and become more efficient in various processes, work/life balance can be accomplished.

8. "Focused Vision with new leadership"

I have been working at Healthpeak Properties full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fantastic vision and focus, strong industry leader and attention to detail.

Cons

Little room for advancement due to size

9. "Legal Assistant"

Former Employee - Corporate Paralegal in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Healthpeak Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits and a solid professional environment with specialists from various backgrounds. Good Human Resource team. Nice office and events all year.

Cons

Stressful environment with office politics taking place more often than desired. Hard to get promoted as well. Conservative standards are too cherished.

10. "Very strong company"

I have been working at Healthpeak Properties full-time

Pros

This is a very strong company with lots of smart and hard-working employees.

Cons

Departments are constantly understaffed and staff often feels unappreciated.

Found 20 reviews